Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
Casper

Whatup

Hey, Casper here. I'm not a goth. I feel like that should be stated up front. I'm mostly part of the hip-hop and electronic cultures. I enjoy tons and tons of music besides that, I'm a huge music snob. Anyway, I've always been enamored with goth culture and goth music though, so that's why I'm here.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Musician. I'm half of a hip-hop duo, I produce, he raps (he's black, so it's credible(that was a joke(he really is black tho.) We want to be famous and get signed to Sony or Universal or whoever, the whole shebang.

2. Where are you from?
Battle Creek, Michigan.

3. Who is your favorite author?
I don't really have favorite authors as much as I have favorite books... the kind of books I read (social sciences, psychology, and law, mostly) don't really have authors that publish a ton of shit.

4. What are your favorite films?
Ooh, tough. I love nearly as many films as I do albums, so I'll just name a couple of my favorites in general: Big Nothing, Bronson, Cube, Drive, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Funny Games, Hesher, Kids, Requiem for a Dream, Rushmore, SLC Punk!, The Shape of Things, Vanilla Sky, and a ton of others.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
During the ceremony? Generic wedding music, Canon in C or whatever. During the afterparty? Uh, party shit I guess. A$AP Rocky, Danny Brown, I dunno.

6. At your funeral?
They don't... they don't play music at funerals. At least, they haven't at any I've been to. If I had to choose music though, something by Olafur Arnalds.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
I don't want to die. I guess I'd like to be shot by someone.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Super super simple, like, the kind of shit you see people buried in in old Western films.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I got this leather biker jacket from Salvation Army, any time I wear that I'm automatically wearing my favorite outfit. Apply also to my vintage M65. I love me some jackets.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Very little I miss from childhood. I used to be super popular in middle school, and I definitely miss that.

11. What's your favorite band?
Fuck. Of all time? Maybe, um, Have a Nice Life. Or Swans? I have so many, I hate to narrow it down.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
High school. Not going to college, gonna be a full time musician.

13. Why did you join?
Find and discuss music, definitely that.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
I have a penis. Take from that what you will.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:41 AM   #2
CuckooTuli

I fucking love the Swans.

Welcome!
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:54 AM   #3
MissCheyenne

Welcome to G.Net

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #4
Versus

Howdy. Nice to meet you.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #5
ape descendant

I used to like SLC Punk, I guess that's something we would have had in common at some point in time.

BTW, your ownership of a penis doesn't really say much about what gender you are, just what genitals you own.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
Versus

I just assume that people who answer with a sex binary aren't familiar with what gender is.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #7
Casper

They say "If you're worrying about whether something is appropriate or not, it probably isn't." I had that voice in the back of my head about posting what I did for gender, shame on me for not following that sage advice. I don't want to open that can of worms.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome. I made an account here a couple years ago and I was flamed, banned even I think, because I wasn't a goth and I was "just here to look at us like we're in a zoo" so I really appreciate the hospitality.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:05 AM   #8
shadowynne

ugh... Really? A popular hiphop kid? Fine, yeah the swans are great but you all realise it was people like this that made your lives hell growing up right? By pucks twitching sphincter i think i prefer the bots...
shadowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #9
lotan

" Requiem for a Dream" That's a really whack movie - same dude who made Pi - equally as whack. Interesting.
lotan is offline   Reply With Quote