Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
gothicusmaximus

Water + Salt = Ocean

Warning: Some of you won't care, which is fine.

We've all been to the ocean at least once, and, naturally, we've wondered, "What is that blue stuff it's made out of?" Today I was drinking a glass of water, and realized the sensation of doing so was not much different from that I experienced on one occasion in my youth, when, while swimming in the ocean, some of it accidentally entered my mouth. So, I did some sleuthing, pouring various additives from my medicine cabinet into my drink in an attempt to create ocean. After much experimentation, I discovered that a mixture of so called "sea salt" and water tastes almost exactly like the mysterious blue stuff! Anyone else notice that if you wade into the ocean wearing a white t-shirt, the shirt becomes translucent just as it would were you to poor water on it, or that ocean can fill a water balloon?

I am sure some of you have already figured this out or suspected something of the like, but I wanted to bring forth the evidence.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
Jonathan

Proceed with caution, I have heard compelling arguments that claim ocean may contain extreme concentrations of dihydrogen monoxide.

Though we've never met in person, I'd hate to learn of you becoming untimely dampened or suffering some similarly terrible fate.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Everyone needs to sign this petition here to the governments of the world to ban dihydrogen monoxide http://www.petitiononline.com/h2o/petition.html

What the petition doesn't mention is dyhydrogen monoxide also leads to increased urination, and increased sweating, to name a few symptoms.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #4
Jonathan

The last thing we need is to surrender more of our precious freedoms to some central authority. Even though dihydrogen monoxide can be a dangerous thing (even fatal in sufficient quantities!), it would be better for each of us to make our own decisions.

Banning DHMO outright would restrict critical research, such as the recent discoveries made by Gothicusmaximus.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
It's all Bush's fault.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
Pyre

This amuses me more than offends me. I am surprised people took my thread as seriously as they are. It wasn't meant for all of Gnet to care about, but for what few actually interacted with the troll. For a group of people who didn't give a damn about her presence, you guys get riled up over a thread about her. Fuck, I didn't give a damn, I just wanted to call her out on her use of photobucket to ruin this "ghetto" illusion she was trying to portray.

And HumanePain: Obama's fault, not Bush's.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #7
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
This amuses me more than offends me. I am surprised people took my thread as seriously as they are. It wasn't meant for all of Gnet to care about, but for what few actually interacted with the troll. For a group of people who didn't give a damn about her presence, you guys get riled up over a thread about her. Fuck, I didn't give a damn, I just wanted to call her out on her use of photobucket to ruin this "ghetto" illusion she was trying to portray.

Hi, who are you and how do you feel about ocean?
Old 04-02-2009, 08:39 PM   #8
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:

Hmm? What does this have to do with your thread? I never bothered looking at it, all I know is I find people who sign petitions banning water amusing.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:13 AM   #9
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
Hmm? What does this have to do with your thread? I never bothered looking at it, all I know is I find people who sign petitions banning water amusing.
It's mock up/parody of her thread.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #10
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:

Nah, bitch, naaaah.
Don't try to play it off like we're overreacting or taking things too seriously.
It's more like we're just having fun with what an idiot you proved yourself to be.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #11
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Seriously, I had a substitute chemistry teacher in high school that said "this is how sodium and chloride react to create salt: (he holds up both hands, apart from each other as if each were holding an atom)

Na (raises right hand)
Cl (raise left hand)
(puts hands together)
NaCl! It's that simple.

(We all burst out in laughter. The guy had no clue about electron clouds or valence shells or anything.)

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:20 AM   #12
badteccy

Oh shit, I missed it...what did Pyre say?
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:25 AM   #13
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy View Post
Oh shit, I missed it...what did Pyre say?
She didn't really say anything.
She enlightened us.
She brought something to our attention.
Lakita Jackson isn't a real person, Kerri. Actually, she's a troll.
NOT ONLY THAT.
But Bonquisha Brown...
She's a troll, too.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:37 AM   #14
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
She didn't really say anything.
She enlightened us.
She brought something to our attention.
Lakita Jackson isn't a real person, Kerri. Actually, she's a troll.
NOT ONLY THAT.
But Bonquisha Brown...
She's a troll, too.
You forgot to say that they are the same person. You're slipping up in your old age.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:03 AM   #15
Doctor_Death

Le gasp!
Who would've thought?
Doctor_Death is offline   Reply With Quote