Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #4176
Fruitbat

1.)I made superfatted lemon myrtle and green clay soap. Babybat helped (don't tell the soap police). Babybat was so happy about the soap, I had to fight him off playing with it until it had saponified. Hard to explain why you have to wait six weeks for the soap to harden before you use it, to impatient wee ones.

Can't wait to use it. Going to find a yummy recipe for a shampoo bar and make it, so i can ditch the shampoo bottles.

2.) Almost ready to publish my second book.

3.) Having a totally wicked fantasy about gardening with Ape. Ape and I do something in the garden (plant seedlings, mulch garden beds) , then sit with a cup of tea and admiring our hard work and discuss something serious, like soap making or sewing, or something arty/crafty.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #4177
Saya

There was a MASSIVE used book sale at the library. Too many people though so I just had to madly grab whatever I saw.

Twenty dollars, which is a steal since those A.S. Byatt books are hardcover and in top condition.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #4178
Xombie

I just finished the last step in my blacksmith training, not to say that blacksmithing isn't an ongoing learning experience.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #4179
honeythorn

The company I work at has been in existance for 20 years this year. So to celebrate that, they are taking the whole lot of us, office and warehouse alike, to London for 2 days.

We will be staying at a 4 star Hilton hotel, have a meal there, and then they're paying for everyone to watch the live show of the Lion King at the theatre. And the next day before we get the coach home we're all going to mooch around covent garden, do a little sightseeing and so on.

All paid for by the company .

And best of all, I have managed to get out of having to share a room with the most annoying human being on the face of the planet. My rants about Fran are in the depths of the rant thread. But for those who don't know here's the short version :

She's about 4'10 and so feels the urge to not speak to you, but practically SHOUT UP INTO YOUR FACE , by which I mean she's practically climbing up your nostril, because she clearly thinks everyone is deaf.

She has a voice like a higher pitched Marge Simpson. Laced with traces of broken chainsaw.

She has exactly 4 main topics of conversation. Her husband MAAAARRRRTIIIIN . Her massively spoiled brat of a kid JAAAAAAYYYYYDEN. Martin's brother. Martin's brother's girlfriend whom she dislikes.

She repeats whatever useless drivelling information she has about the above people , to every person that enters a room/area at least 3 times. Meaning anyone within earshot ( which at her volume means everyone within a 5 mile radius) will have heard the same story several times in the space of an hour, and again at random intervals during the day.

She has no recognition of when someone wants her to shut the fuck up and/or go the fuck away. She just rattles on totally oblivious. I have actually seen someone turn and look her straight in the eye, and tell her in earnest to fuck off . She carried on talking without skipping a beat. I honestly think something may be slightly wrong with her.

She is DESPERATE to share with me, and no one but me. Fortunately she only works three days a week, and I put her off by saying I wasn't sure if I was able to go as I had something planned and needed to check dates. I knew full well I was able to, and was merely waiting for another co-worker to make sure she was able to go too, so I could share with her instead.

She can indeed go, so lovely Karen has saved me from coming home in a straightjacket and handcuffs, and Fran from coming home in a bodybag.

I havent told Fran yet. I don't really care what her reaction is , I'm just relieved I don't have to share with her.

She's a nice person don't get me wrong, but my tolerance limit for being in her company is about... 10 minutes maximum.

Now the challenge is to spend as little time around her as possible during the trip. I MUS avoide sitting near her on thecoach. I can't be trapped with her for 3 hours in a confined space. I won't cope.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:51 AM   #4180
Timeless Rebellion

Honeythorn: I truly feel your pain. The solution is to get a ballgag and stuff it in her annoying noise-maker
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #4181
Timeless Rebellion

Got my first set of cufflinks today!
Old 04-24-2013, 01:12 AM   #4182
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
The company I work at has been in existance for 20 years this year. So to celebrate that, they are taking the whole lot of us, office and warehouse alike, to London for 2 days.

We will be staying at a 4 star Hilton hotel, have a meal there, and then they're paying for everyone to watch the live show of the Lion King at the theatre. And the next day before we get the coach home we're all going to mooch around covent garden, do a little sightseeing and so on.

All paid for by the company .

And best of all, I have managed to get out of having to share a room with the most annoying human being on the face of the planet. My rants about Fran are in the depths of the rant thread. But for those who don't know here's the short version :

She's about 4'10 and so feels the urge to not speak to you, but practically SHOUT UP INTO YOUR FACE , by which I mean she's practically climbing up your nostril, because she clearly thinks everyone is deaf.

She has a voice like a higher pitched Marge Simpson. Laced with traces of broken chainsaw.

She has exactly 4 main topics of conversation. Her husband MAAAARRRRTIIIIN . Her massively spoiled brat of a kid JAAAAAAYYYYYDEN. Martin's brother. Martin's brother's girlfriend whom she dislikes.

She repeats whatever useless drivelling information she has about the above people , to every person that enters a room/area at least 3 times. Meaning anyone within earshot ( which at her volume means everyone within a 5 mile radius) will have heard the same story several times in the space of an hour, and again at random intervals during the day.

She has no recognition of when someone wants her to shut the fuck up and/or go the fuck away. She just rattles on totally oblivious. I have actually seen someone turn and look her straight in the eye, and tell her in earnest to fuck off . She carried on talking without skipping a beat. I honestly think something may be slightly wrong with her.

She is DESPERATE to share with me, and no one but me. Fortunately she only works three days a week, and I put her off by saying I wasn't sure if I was able to go as I had something planned and needed to check dates. I knew full well I was able to, and was merely waiting for another co-worker to make sure she was able to go too, so I could share with her instead.

She can indeed go, so lovely Karen has saved me from coming home in a straightjacket and handcuffs, and Fran from coming home in a bodybag.

I havent told Fran yet. I don't really care what her reaction is , I'm just relieved I don't have to share with her.

She's a nice person don't get me wrong, but my tolerance limit for being in her company is about... 10 minutes maximum.

Now the challenge is to spend as little time around her as possible during the trip. I MUS avoide sitting near her on thecoach. I can't be trapped with her for 3 hours in a confined space. I won't cope.

HT - it's a shame you are such a terrible snorer and keep everyone awake with your loud snores (use that as an excuse, it works wonders). Congrats on going to London. Sounds exciting.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #4183
Acharis

The heater, and eye cream.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #4184
MissCheyenne

My biopsy results came back today and I AM CLEAR!!!!!!!! Awwwwwww yisssssssss!

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:27 AM   #4185
Timeless Rebellion

This made my day xD
Old 04-27-2013, 03:55 AM   #4186
Timeless Rebellion

These just came for me in the mail!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #4187
Xombie

This happened:

I got a great chuckle out of it.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #4188
Timeless Rebellion

Xombie: I am glad I am not the only one who would chuckle at that
Old 04-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #4189
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Rebellion View Post
These just came for me in the mail!
Noice links.

WMMD: Yet to discover it, but I know it's out there... somewhere...

Old 05-01-2013, 01:10 AM   #4190
Jaye Jang

Because I work for a hospital that occasionally likes to make CE (Continuing Education) classes fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmMGw...ayer_embedded#

Btw, nice cufflinks TR. And are those French cuffs I see?
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:24 AM   #4191
Timeless Rebellion

Jaye: Thanks And I don't know actually. My knowledge of cufflinks stops at the fact that they go in my shirtsleeves :P
Old 05-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #4192
Jaye Jang

Quote:

Got my first set of cufflinks today!
TR, I just took a look at this and those are definitely French cuffs on that shirt. Wow. Fancy French cuffs no less. Well, aren't you just the "man about town."
Old 05-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #4193
Timeless Rebellion

Oh, so french cuffs are on the shirt, not the cufflinks? :P *is a total noob when it comes to clothing*
I found the shirt in a second-hand store for about 10 dollars I feel lucky
Old 05-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #4194
Solumina

Here you go: basics of cuffs
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #4195
Jaye Jang

Thanks, Solumina. That clarifies things nicely.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #4196
Timeless Rebellion

Does one have to wear them like in that image to be correct, or can it be done like I did in the image I posted earlier? Because I really don't see the allure of having them fall down under the wrist like that
Old 05-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #4197
Solumina

A good guideline is that the way the sleeve naturally falls before the cuff is fastened is how it should be once you put on your links, typically the closure will be on the outside of the hand (pinky side), which looks to be how you have yours.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #4198
Fruitbat

Quote:
Does one have to wear them like in that image to be correct, or can it be done like I did in the image I posted earlier? Because I really don't see the allure of having them fall down under the wrist like that
You tube it hun, everything's on you tube.

WMMD: dealing with crap that's happening, because there's no point wishing things were different, because they aren't, and I just have to live with what I've got.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #4199
Timeless Rebellion

I had no idea that putting on clothes could be this confusing o.O
I'll make sure to look into it - french cuffs seem strangely appropriate for a Phantom of the Opera costume
Old 05-02-2013, 07:06 AM   #4200
Jaye Jang

Finding this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4sXjJJjcWQ

I just wish she had stopped at where the cute little doggie gets fed, but maybe that's just me.