Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-04-2005, 12:05 AM   #1
Aurecante

Call of Cthulhu DVD

I found gothic.net a few days ago and love the "spooky news" section, in fact i take a few news from here for my website (see my signature).
So now it's my turn to post some spooky news!

Take from CthulhuLives.org

Written in 1926, just before the advent of "talking" pictures, The Call of Cthulhu is one of the most famous and influential tales of H.P. Lovecraft, the father of gothic horror. Now the story is brought richly to life in the style of a classic 1920s silent movie, with a haunting original symphonic score. Using the "Mythoscope" process — a mix of modern and vintage techniques, the HPLHS has worked to create the most authentic and faithful screen adaptation of a Lovecraft story yet attempted.
From the cultists of the Louisana bayous to the man-eating non-euclidean geometry of R'lyeh, the HPLHS brings Cthulhu to the screen as it was meant to be seen. Eighteen months of production and a cast of more than 50 actors went into making this film a period spectacle that must seen to be believed.

The DVD includes The Call of Cthulhu (47 minutes, black and white), the high-fidelity and "Mythophonic" soundtracks, a 25 minute "making-of" documentary featurette, two slide shows, deleted footage, a prop PDF of the Sydney Bulletin and more.

To appeal to Lovecraft fans throughout across the globe, this DVD provides intertitles in 24 languages including: Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Euskera, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Lithuanian, Luxmbourgish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Welsh. These aren't just subtitles either — they are the real title cards rendered tastefully in each language. If you thought the story was scary before, wait until you see it in Welsh!
Aurecante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:59 AM   #2
spookypurple

Ooh! VERY interested! I'm a big fan of H.P.! Also excited to see my mother tongue mentioned! I said in another posting that I'm half Belgian - but that's only on my father's side. The other half is Welsh (and yes, I do speak it!). Am now rushing to the website to see the details! Thanks!
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:24 PM   #3
| BlackOps | couch

http://www.rkpost.net/covers/necromancer.jpg
| BlackOps | couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:51 PM   #4
Engulfed_in_darkness

I am currently reading The Call of Cthulhu though I have alot of books I am reading together. I need that DVD. I was flipping through television channels late at night when I saw a movie they where giving called Necronomicon:Book of The Dead and I wanted to watch it badly but I did not have that channel.
Engulfed_in_darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:59 PM   #5
Godslayer Jillian

Necronomicon: Book of the Dead is not that good actually.
I mean, the story is cool, but the special effects are terrible.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:02 PM   #6
tenet_2012

I have said this before and I will say it again:

I can't stand Lovecraft!

That's all.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:26 PM   #7
Godslayer Jillian

Hehe, may I ask why, guy with the bunny?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:30 PM   #8
tenet_2012

Because he makes no sense, whatsoever.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:36 PM   #9
Crom Crauch

IA! IA! Cthulu! Ftagh!

Iucunda macula est ex inimici sanguine

Quod sum eris
Crom Crauch is offline   Reply With Quote