Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
gothicusmaximus

Roommate trouble

Two new roommates moved in with me last week. From what I can ascertain, one is an out-of-work graphic designer cum amateur Flamenco dancer, the other is an engineering grad student at MIT, and both are freegans. In certain ways, I couldn't imagine more accommodating cohabitants-- they're quiet, they have about the same hours I do, they don't hog the TV, and they generally keep to their own space. On the other hand, they keep pissing on the floor and it smells kind of like the hantavirus.
I've tried bringing up my concerns in the most polite manner possible, but they're totally unresponsive, and while I don't want to turn anybody out into a Massachusetts winter, this simply can't continue. Any advice?
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
JCC

Accuse them of being middle class. Middle-class hippies hate being told they're middle class so much that if you keep doing it they'll stop trying to convince you of their working man's credentials and just leave in a dramatic manner while calling you an asshole.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
Grausamkeit

Wow....pissing on the floor....

And these are adults? They're probably planning on killing you and eating your skin. Boot their asses out the door.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
wolf moon

Aren't freegans supposed to avoid doing capitalist things like paying rent?

Also, if they are literally pissing on the floor I vote you turn them out into the cold. You can feel okay with it because it's not technically winter yet. Turning people out into a cold autumn night is much less morally questionable.
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
Grausamkeit

Moonie's got the right of it. Autumn is far less cold than winter. It's not like they'll freeze to death.....unless you wait till winter.

Old 11-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Two new roommates moved in with me last week. From what I can ascertain, one is an out-of-work graphic designer cum amateur Flamenco dancer, the other is an engineering grad student at MIT, and both are freegans. In certain ways, I couldn't imagine more accommodating cohabitants-- they're quiet, they have about the same hours I do, they don't hog the TV, and they generally keep to their own space. On the other hand, they keep pissing on the floor and it smells kind of like the hantavirus.
I've tried bringing up my concerns in the most polite manner possible, but they're totally unresponsive, and while I don't want to turn anybody out into a Massachusetts winter, this simply can't continue. Any advice?
These are people not dogs?
Old 11-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #7
Miss Absynthe

Are they actually pissing on the floor, or are they using the toilet but with really bad aim?

Because if they are using the toilet and just not aiming well (and therefore missing the toilet) you can put a ping pong ball withh a target drawn on it in the toilet bowl - it seems like a fun game to hit it, but really it just makes sure that people are concentrating on peeing IN the actual toilet.

It is a trick that is used when toilet training kids, but I have used it with a flatmate who kept missing when he'd had too much to drink and it worked.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
Acharis

Wait until they find dumpster beer... catheterize their prone forms, turning if necessary.

If they complain, go on an outraged rant about catheters preventing landfill stuffed with nappies. ^_^

But seriously? I'd just yell at them and tell them to clean up after themselves if there's actual sprinklage. My housemate used to do that and the place smelled like a sewer.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:23 PM   #9
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
Are they actually pissing on the floor, or are they using the toilet but with really bad aim?

Because if they are using the toilet and just not aiming well (and therefore missing the toilet) you can put a ping pong ball withh a target drawn on it in the toilet bowl - it seems like a fun game to hit it, but really it just makes sure that people are concentrating on peeing IN the actual toilet.

It is a trick that is used when toilet training kids, but I have used it with a flatmate who kept missing when he'd had too much to drink and it worked.
Okay, so Gothicus is a pedophile harboring two three year olds in his apartment, but they do stand on two legs, or are they still learning how to walk. They are so cute at that age.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:06 AM   #10
Kasdeja

I remember this guy named Chumley who used to piss in the living room corner of my friend's apartment.

We never saw him again after they kicked him out... all for the better, I think.

Props to Spooky Spencer for the 'shopped avatar!
If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:01 AM   #11
Miss Absynthe

I flatted with a guy who took a piss in the washing machine because he was drunk and thought that it was a urinal.

His own clothes were in there.

Fuck me, but I love karma.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:28 AM   #12
Grausamkeit

Bex, I hate you, fuck you. You don't go around accusing people of shit like that.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #13
Purepsycho

I'd totally go for the 3 strikes and their out rule. Give them a written warning on the 3rd time which says if it doesn't improve you will have no option but to kick them out. Theres absolutely no excuse for that sort of behaviour.

Do you not have any terms and conditions for when people move in? Makes it so much easier to kick them out when you can show them that they broke the Ts&Cs
Purepsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #14
Despanan

Lay out poison and get a cat.

You guys are stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote