Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:33 AM   #1
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Chameleon hair

One thing my family, peers and myself have noticed is that my hair color seems to somehow change color. It ranges from anywhere to black to medium dark brown at different times (and when I was younger some gray hairs here and there). My family is wondering if it is because of my German, Austrian, and tiny bit of Irish blood from my father’s side, or because of my pure Spanish blood from my Mother’s side. My hair shows signs of both sides, I have oily hair from my father and curly hair from my mother. Please help me figure this out.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:38 AM   #2
DarkChildOne

Well, my hair changes colors over the seasons, too. So, as for that no idea. But, with the oily hair just shampoo it and dont condition it. Its what my mom does. She is indian and has oily hair.
DarkChildOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:30 AM   #3
Vako

It has to do with the following factors;

* lighting conditions
What kind of light are you under? Incandescent? Florescent? The sun? Is it a cloudy day? a gloomy day? a bright day?
Also, as your hair is moved around by brushing and handling, different sides of it will be brought to the surface that had different exposures to sunlight that change the color as a result of long term exposure to ultra-violet. that can make it seem like your hair is "changing color from season to season".

* Chemicals in shampoos and hair products leave residue on your hair that alter the refraction or reflection of light differently. As you go through different hair products over weeks and months this will give the illusion of changing hair color.
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:46 AM   #4
Encaitare

My hair is blonde, and sometimes I find a random dark brown hair in there and go, "Hey, this isn't mine!" =P
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:22 PM   #5
Minyaliel

I've never known my exact natural hair colour because of the same phenomena; it's odd, but you come to terms with it rather easily after some time... or you colour it, like I've been doing the last seven years.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #6
Renatus

I am usualy indoors either in the dark or in the bright floresant light of the school district.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 04-27-2007, 05:59 PM   #7
ghettogoth69

My hair changes color too! But its not because I'm a beaner. Its cuz I dye that shit all the time! lol Right now its dark brown...... My next weave is going to be blonde with bright pink tips.
ghettogoth69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:02 PM   #8
DarkHeartedDemoness

Did you really just say "beaner"?

Please, at least pretend not to be racist.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:08 PM   #9
Vako

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogoth69
My hair changes color too! But its not because I'm a beaner. Its cuz I dye that shit all the time! lol Right now its dark brown...... My next weave is going to be blonde with bright pink tips.
Thanks alot for that one...
Old 04-27-2007, 06:09 PM   #10
ghettogoth69

I'm a beaner! I am a proud Mexican/Black!
Old 04-27-2007, 06:10 PM   #11
Vako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
I am usualy indoors either in the dark or in the bright floresant light of the school district.
You mentioned it was greasy sometimes. maybe it changes because of the amount of grease that is on it day to day, season to season.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:11 PM   #12
ghettogoth69

Yeah try using Head and Shoulders.... I use it and it really works!
Old 04-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #13
Vako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vako
You mentioned it was greasy sometimes. maybe it changes because of the amount of grease that is on it day to day, season to season.
I meant "oily", not "greasy". Sorry about that. Oh, and the oil on your hair is called sebum.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:24 PM   #14
Vako

Quote:
Yeah try using Head and Shoulders.... I use it and it really works!
Head and Shoulders contains tar extracts which, in the long term, is not good for the health of the hair.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:26 PM   #15
DarkHeartedDemoness

So what do you suggest to cut down on hair that tends to be on the oily side?
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:32 PM   #16
Renatus

Quote:
I'm a beaner! I am a proud Mexican/Black!

Ghettogoth shut up, it is your kind that messes things up for the rest of the hispanic/black community. If you were proud to be mexican you wouldn't call yourself a beaner which is a discriminatory term used against hispanics. Your kind raises all the dirty steriotypes about us that causes the community to discriminate against us. You might as well call yourself a ****** as well. GET OFF THIS FORUM AND GO LISTEN TO YOUR SEXIST RACIST HIP HOP!!!

Old 04-27-2007, 06:35 PM   #17
Vako

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
So what do you suggest to cut down on hair that tends to be on the oily side?
Post #2 had a rather good suggestion. Any water-based shampoo that is intended for oily hair should be fine. They have strong yet gentle ingredients that are designed to cut through the oils without drying out your hair. Not so seem to obvious, but the shampoo bottle will say "for oily or greasy hair".

Head and Shoulders is for dandruff and dry scalp problems and is really only intended for temporary "medicating" use.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:20 AM   #18
Underwater Ophelia

My sister's nickname when she was little was "Beaner" (for reasons completely unrelated to the Hispanic community and racism) and she got it tattooed on her arm. Then she moved to California and had to get it covered over.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote