Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #26
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
Dude. It is a zombie apocalypse. Clearly Shane is treating this as a kind of total war. Hell, I think he almost likes it. Everyone else seems to define Shane's behavior though. Everyone else hesitates and second guesses and worries about each others' feelings. Shane has to step up. He has to be the brutal one, the one that would do the dirty work. He threw his morality out the window. Plus, we don't really know much about any of the characters from their past and shit. It's unfair to dismiss Shane outright if we're not going to do the same for the other characters.

Truthfully, Rick is the ONLY character we've got that we can deduce his motivations reasonably. Save for him, all the characters seem to have the same amount of flesh.
Hope there's no "LOST" flashbacks for characters (there were a few earlier on) but it'd be nice to find out more about some of the back stories so we do know where these guys came from. Can you imagine Glenn arriving to his first zombie-infested pizza delivery?

Zombie Protest:
"What do we want?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
"When do we want it?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #27
CuckooTuli

Honestly, I thought all the characterisation sucked, and always has. It just notices more now they're stationary and the plot isn't moving so fast.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #28
Apathy's_Child

Yeah, pretty much what Cuckoo said.

Anyways, K, I kinda feel like the outright psychosis of letting the zombies out of the barn requires a little more depth behind it than standing around with your mouth open emptying your pants, like any sane person would do in that situation.

'Sides, Rik's alleged character development seems to me to consist of doing the same scene 3 times in every fuckin episode. "There are people counting on me! But this is too hard! But there are people counting on me! But this is TOO HARD!"

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #29
AshleyO

My feelings about Dale...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufsf_...eature=related

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #30
AshleyO

Holy shit. Shit just got real. The last scene was pretty great. However. I feel that perhaps what happened in the book may have been more dramatic. Carl kills Shane, not zombie Shane. So... I'm not sure why they chose to dress it up like that. But that whole scene was pretty damned good.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #31
Athanos

It's a great show and though different from the comics it made me want to read the comics. So that's what I'm doing now and to be honest I enjoy the show more than the comics.

It moves much better and I like what they did with some of the characters who died in the comics and lived in the show and some that lived in the comics and died in the shows. Even if you had read the comics the show doesn't disappoint.

I would recommend doing both if you're able.
Athanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:27 AM   #32
Haejin

Is anyone here still keeping up with this show? I totally missed the last season and only saw bits and pieces from when the bf would watch it. I guess I just got too frustrated with the governor HATED HIM.

***spoiler*** HALLELUJIA HE IS DEAD NOW, FUCK THAT ASSHAT. But sadly so is Hershel

Anyways, I've picked back up on it and am loving where the story is going. The storytelling has changed up a bit.
Haejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:37 AM   #33
Acharis

Is it worth picking this back up again? I drifted off at the boring prison flu part.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote