Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-16-2006, 08:30 AM   #26
succubus,queenofvampires

Bienvenue, Lady V. You seem pretty cool!

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
increase the population of the younger generation.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:35 AM   #27
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
So, my french sucks after 9 years and you're perfectly eloquent en Anglais after only 6?! Wow... I lose.

Well, if that makes you feel better, it's MUCH easier for French-educated people to learn English than for English-educated people to learn French.It's much, much easier.So...there you go!

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
Old 05-16-2006, 08:50 AM   #28
nuksaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Victoria Pareesis
Well, I've been to the blue caves in Greece and to Bethlehem, nah! (I'm not religious, it was just a part of the trip)

You know, that your pirate ancestor may be recorder still in some old papers?
Have you an idea of the years when he was living?
With a name like that, he may even be a noble.
I would have to look it up but if I recall his nickname may have been 'yellowbeard?'. It has been a while and there is a family crest. If I remember correctly it is a gray background with a blackbird and 3 black feathers. Not the main Davignon crest but probably a small offshoot.

Well I've been to...insert information under the Travel thread entry #30...game on.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:13 AM   #29
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuksaa
My sentiment exactly. France would be alright if it wasn't for the people, especially Parisians.
So far, every French person I've met has been cool. And i've met quite a few. My boyfriend is French.

Perhaps I've just been lucky.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:55 AM   #30
Lady Victoria Pareesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by succubus,queenofvampires
Bienvenue, Lady V. You seem pretty cool!
Yes, I do know this...
*ego power*
Lol, Thank youuuu ^^

By the way, I just love your avatar, yay!

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
Terry Pratchett
Lady Victoria Pareesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:56 AM   #31
Lady Victoria Pareesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
So far, every French person I've met has been cool. And i've met quite a few. My boyfriend is French.

Perhaps I've just been lucky.
Or Nuskaa very unlucky, loool. In many ways I've been very lucky.

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
Terry Pratchett
Old 05-16-2006, 10:06 AM   #32
Draconysius

Wecome to the boards! You seem intelligent, mature, and affluent in your linguistics. Enjoy your stay, and don't take negative feedback too seriously. I tell every n00b here, that, so I'm not picking on you, either.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:11 AM   #33
Lady Victoria Pareesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
Wecome to the boards! You seem intelligent, mature, and affluent in your linguistics. Enjoy your stay, and don't take negative feedback too seriously. I tell every n00b here, that, so I'm not picking on you, either.
Thank yooou *sparkles in the eyes*

Terry Pratchett
Old 05-16-2006, 10:37 AM   #34
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
By the way, I just love your avatar, yay!
Well, thank you!

Old 05-17-2006, 11:19 AM   #35
Lady Victoria Pareesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuksaa
I would have to look it up but if I recall his nickname may have been 'yellowbeard?'. It has been a while and there is a family crest. If I remember correctly it is a gray background with a blackbird and 3 black feathers. Not the main Davignon crest but probably a small offshoot.

Well I've been to...insert information under the Travel thread entry #30...game on.
weeell, you may so, be connected with a noble family, I can try to look for it if you want, as I can look in the french books

Terry Pratchett
Old 05-18-2006, 07:41 AM   #36
nuksaa

Quote:
weeell, you may so, be connected with a noble family, I can try to look for it if you want, as I can look in the french books
My interest is now peaked and, since you are offering, sure. I will understand completely if something more important arises on your agenda.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:23 AM   #37
DarkIce

All I can remember from my last trip to France - this really huge "centre commercial"... So much cheese, so much wine, so much .... everything!
And - as I don´t speak any French - I didn´t have problems to convince the hotelmanager to have separate beds for me and the guy I was travelling with, but I had problems to convince the lady at the chip shop to sell me some salt *HAHA*
Yes - also French people know some English - they don´t speak it :-)

So, well, I still love France. Welcome to Gnet, Lady V.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:46 AM   #38
Lady Victoria Pareesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkIce
All I can remember from my last trip to France - this really huge "centre commercial"... So much cheese, so much wine, so much .... everything!
And - as I don´t speak any French - I didn´t have problems to convince the hotelmanager to have separate beds for me and the guy I was travelling with, but I had problems to convince the lady at the chip shop to sell me some salt *HAHA*
Yes - also French people know some English - they don´t speak it :-)

So, well, I still love France. Welcome to Gnet, Lady V.
Thank you ^^
The same happens to me now, I have no trouble to discuss philosophy and history with a total stranger while visiting a church, but no one understand me when I ask for something in restaurants. How frustrating...

Terry Pratchett
Old 05-20-2006, 11:51 AM   #39
DarkIce

Lady V - I am pretty sure your accent would knock me out of my shoes... Please try to get a microphone and do a recording for us. PLEASE, will ´ya?!
Old 05-21-2006, 04:23 AM   #40
Lady Victoria Pareesis

I'll do my best, I swear ^^

Terry Pratchett