Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-05-2008, 09:07 PM   #101
Eclipsing the Son

It's like

"I have a pill that will keep the sun from hurting your eyes! Just take this pill with the help of a simple pair of sunglasses and you'll notice the sun become less hard on your eyes!"
Eclipsing the Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:06 AM   #102
MollyMac

Pretty much. But few people read the ingredients (active or inactive), indications, or directions on most OTC meds, they only occasionally seem to read the warnings to pretend to be informed about what they are ingesting and paying for.

Rx meds are worse as even fewer people read up for themselves what the drug is, what it is made of, and how to take it. They just listen to their doctors unquestioningly. Becuse the doctor has a medical degree and is smart. Well, yeah, but having the degree and intelligence does not render one immune from greed, especially when paying off med school.... as long as they knowingly do no harm.

I believe that most doctors are not simple pill pushers and slave to Pfizer, most general practitioners, at any rate. But you can always tell when they do not seem to want to tend to your active complaint, but begin talking about a more trendy condition with a brand new medication or non FDA approved use of one especially when the risk of side effect is low (clonazepam for sleep disorders; Risperdal for psychotic behaviour... even though both are close to approval or may have gained approval since I last checked).

But to the point, the most of society is too quick to think "my head hurts, I will take this pill", instead of addressing underlying issues of diet, exercise, environment and stress.

While many ailments are real, many more are circumstantial and treatable with some nutiritional and kinesiology knowledge.

Diet pills that encourage you to eat low fat and exercise while taking them (alli is especially awesome about this- do all this, take the pill, and you won't shit yourself... but you will have to take us for the rest of your lie to retain the decreased fat absorption..;

Muscle pain relievers that you take with food and milk (the vitamin D and calcium help reduce muscle pain and latent spazms, regulate heart beat; potassium in bananas cut lactic acid from immediate tremors), and rest

throat numbing agents that recommend you gargle with warm salt water and drink honeyed tea...

But pills are faster and no not encourage a life style change away from what other companies want to sell you. Sell a "high standard of living", with cheap goods designed to make you unhealthy and placated, sell a remedy to those wares and effects....
Old 12-06-2008, 01:07 PM   #103
james"bloody tears"

the only thing i think i have is schizophrenia, mainly because i hear voices even when no ones around

love me or hate me i wont change

the eyes are the windows to the soul, are you afraid of what you see?
james"bloody tears" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #104
Solumina

If there is any noise going on around you (even just quiet mechanical noises) your brain can try to interpret it as a meaningful sound and you will think that you have heard a voice. It is essentially the same thing that causes people to think that they hear their cell phone ringing when there is music playing in the back ground when it hasn't.

Though if you are hearing voices while there is nothing at all going on or what you are hearing is very clear and able to be understood then you should see someone about that. I would recommend a psychologist instead of a psychiatrist because they tend to be more focused on finding the source of the problem instead of simply putting you on pills as they would have to refer you to someone else for any medication.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:49 PM   #105
Geoluhread

Why?
I never thought it's something serious.

I hear voices all the time (the way you described it)...
And i know my sister does too... Because sometimes the same song is playing and we both look at our phones to see if it rang.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #106
MegearaErotica

I guess I would be able to claim having ADD...
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #107
Geoluhread

I might have OCD and Bipolar

I sometimes catch myself fixing frames and papers on the desk so that everything is "straight" (even when they're not mine)
And i have weird ups and down that go on for a few days
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:57 PM   #108
Dina.

I think i am paranoid, got OCD and Schezophrenia... maybe Psychic too ( not really a disorder)
Dina. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #109
dreamydancer

ADHD

Well, that accurate I guess. I was diagnosed when I was 13. It's the same problem everyone else and their mothers have. Har har.

~Clan of Xymox
dreamydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:03 PM   #110
Steppenwolf

The test said I'm Manic Depressiv
surprise , weee ... :/
Old 12-06-2008, 07:45 PM   #111
Sanguine Mind

I got Manic Depressive and ADD.
Sanguine Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #112
dead_dreams

I'm manic depressive, followed by paranoia...

That seems to summarize my personality quite nicely.
dead_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:12 AM   #113
jack_the_knife

Apparently I have ADHD. Which I've been diagnosed with when I was a child. But it was a wrong diagnosis.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:37 AM   #114
LiquidEcstasy

Apparently I have ADD, which is completely stupi---OMFGSHINY!!*points at penny on the ground*
LiquidEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:45 AM   #115
Elysiume

I got Manic Depressive.
Which I guess is kind of ironic, since I'm the only member of my family not on some form of anti-depression medication. It kind of scared me how many of the symptoms I have on that list.

"I am a citizen of the universe!"
- Porucík Servadac, Na Komete (1970)
Elysiume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #116
Desdemona

OCD.
Which I have.
Followed by Manic Depression.
Which I have had in the past.
Desdemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:40 AM   #117
kimaru

I got ADD followed by Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Manic Depressive...All of which I actually have.
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #118
a morbid curiosity

I Think I'm Paranoid.

Actually no, I got ADHD, I just wanted to say that.
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote