Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-06-2006, 05:27 PM   #1
RobinGreenwood

Father kills 4 children...

This was just posted on CNN.com. Absolutely tragic.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOUISVILLE, Kentucky (AP) -- Four children were found dead in a public housing complex Friday after a man walked into police headquarters and said he had killed his family.

The man, who had been living in Oregon, had an argument about the children with his estranged wife before he attacked her with a blunt instrument, said Lt. Col. Phil Turner.

"We believe she was assaulted first, and then the children killed," Turner said.

The children's mother, 29-year-old Fatuma Amir, suffered injuries that were not life-threatening and was speaking to investigators, he said.

Said Biyad, 42, went to police headquarters around 9 a.m. and told police, "I've just killed my family," Turner said. Biyad was charged with four counts of murder and one count of assault.

Police officers sent to the apartment at the Iroquois Homes complex found the children's bodies. The three girls were ages 8, 7 and 4, and the boy was about to turn 3, Turner said.

Autopsies were scheduled for Saturday, he said.

Amir's brother, Osman Noor, remembered the children as being "wonderful."

"Everybody is sad today," Noor said. "We've never seen ... somebody do like this."

Hassan Muya, a family friend, said the family had emigrated from Somalia to Oregon, but Amir moved to Louisville when they began to have problems. He said Biyad had come to Louisville in recent weeks, perhaps to reconcile.

Christina Geiger, 31, who has lived at the complex since January, said her children played with the young victims. Geiger said she hadn't noticed any problems between the woman and the man.

"I call it a senseless tragedy. That's what I think of this," she said through tears
RobinGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:40 PM   #2
Kieranasa

Being a parent, I honestly dont understand how people can do that. I look at my girls and see the world, and no matter what the arguments are that I am having with anyone over them (and it happens a lot more than I would like for it to), I would NEVER so much as think of hurting them.

What sucks so much is that you know the other kids knew what was going on, and none of their cries were enough to stop that sadistic sonofabitch from doing this.
Kieranasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 01:29 PM   #3
Xan

I am in total agreement. I have 2 wonderful little boys 2 years and 7 months. I would never think of hurting them on the contrary everything in me wants to protect them from the evil crap in this world. It just illustrates that some ppl just should not have kids. I feel sick
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 01:34 PM   #4
DarkHeartedDemoness

I cried when I read this. I don't understand. What the fuck was he thinking? What the fuck...
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:37 PM   #5
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Tragic. Yet another confirmation of the fact that murder victims are likely to be killed by someone they know. There must have been warning signs, he must have exhibited behavior that (maybe because of traditions in Somalia?) was obviously ignored.

One painful fact that I have learned in life, and still struggle with today, is the fact that the innocent sometimes die. I pray and read The Bible, and try to understand, but still have a very difficult time with this fact, whether it is caused by murder or tsunamis or whatever. But sometimes children do die, and it is very sad.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:41 PM   #6
korinna5555

im almost crying. its awful. why would somebody DO that to their babies?
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:21 PM   #7
Crying_Crimson_Tears

How could anyone do this to their own child??? Seriously who would want to hurt their innocent children because of someone else??? This is so horrendous.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote