Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 06-18-2006, 02:14 PM   #76
LittleMissTaxidermy

The original O'Barr comics were great. Usually cinematic adaptions of comic books end up sucking (i said usually. V for Vendetta, League of Ex. Gentlemen...etc. were good), so I didn't really expect otherwise. I did end up liking City of Angels a little. I thought some of the scenes were gorgeous, like at the church and the Dia De Los Muertos shots. Plus I liked the the girl's red eye makeup. I tried the makeup myself one day and looked like a douche, but it looked good on her, so cupcakes to that. Other than that, it seemed pretty corny because of that whole comic to movie transition, and I noticed quite a few blatant continuation and filming mistakes.
LittleMissTaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:33 PM   #77
darkness-creepshow

Friends do let freinds look like the crow. Ive seen about 3 people have the lines going up and down although ive never seen anybody have thoughs lines going up from there lips. it looks really good.
darkness-creepshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:36 AM   #78
Slap Your Love

As many have said the First was the Best. Indeed no one does do it quite like Brandon Lee did. ^.^ I do love this movie and I also love the soundtrack mostly the song Burn done by The Cure. =]
Old 09-12-2006, 09:51 AM   #79
She_Is_My_Sin

Loved the first one. I saw it whilst I was on study leave & thought it was a truely great film. I watched the third one with some guy prancing about in a ladies fur coat. Hated it. Me & my friends got rather annoyed with it, so we muted it & made our own lines up.

I might look out for the graphic novel, as the images were amazing.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:54 PM   #80
Temptation

OK, The first crow was my favirote movie. it kicked ass and the fact that brandon lee died in it, made it better for me.

The second movie was boring as shit, but i liked he part at the end, ***spoiler*** where the bad guy stole his power and the bad guy was like "where is your power now?!" and the crow was like "pain is my power" than all the crows came and ate the bad guy. that was cool.

the 3rd one was ok but i thought the idea was losing its luster. the guy didnt put enough emotion in it. but the story itself wasnt half bad.**spoiler**
And the ending where the guy was like shocked to death and he caught on fire, and he saw the crow flying in the flames was cool.

the 4th was retarded and should have never been made.
Temptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:26 PM   #81
Cicero

There was a FOURTH?!

Brandon Lee's performance and an amazing soundtrack really made the first Crow brilliant, although all the movies after that just got worse and worse.

'Burn' by the Cure is one of my favourite songs ever. It can actually bring tears to my eyes.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:34 PM   #82
Temptation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
There was a FOURTH?!

Brandon Lee's performance and an amazing soundtrack really made the first Crow brilliant, although all the movies after that just got worse and worse.

'Burn' by the Cure is one of my favourite songs ever. It can actually bring tears to my eyes.
Yea its called The Crow: Wicked Prayer
Its about some dude who wanted to become the devil, killed this one girl and the boyfreind and the boy comes back as the crow. Its almost an exact copy of the first one.
Temptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:38 PM   #83
Cicero

As with the second and third Crow movies, I think I'll choose to just deny this 'Wicked Prayer's existence .

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:16 PM   #84
belle hawk

Wicked Prayer is like a curse to the first the crow.The plot is a bad copy of it.
belle hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:12 AM   #85
Slap Your Love

Lol. Oh that one was quite stupid. ^ I mean it even came down as low to be played on Scifi, >.<
Old 09-13-2006, 10:40 PM   #86
PersephoneX

ha ha ha...i like the rating system here: scifi = LOW!
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 03:51 AM   #87
Cadaveria Fan

Ive seen them all, the first one with Brandon Lee is the best, City of Angels was also good, but after that it got pointless.
Cadaveria Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #88
Lurcita

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumy
hi there..... the crow is not that good is just a story of a "bird" u should see LESTAT! ok Queen of the Dammed great movie and the guy is so hot! i just cant wait to see an othere movie like that oneeeeeee!!!

in case im single!! guys!!

Katsumy
Ugh sorry but queen of the damned was horrible.

Anyways i love the crow as a matter of fact i'm listening to "burn" from the soundtrack.
Lurcita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:57 AM   #89
ashleyxnicole

Great movie. Great Cure song.
Great actor.
ashleyxnicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:55 AM   #90
Dirty_Daniela

One of my favourites! And it was a accident that i saw it.
Dirty_Daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:38 AM   #91
Johnny Gnar Gnar

I finally saw it when I went home about a month ago. I won't say it was my favorite movie of all time, but it was a worthy way to spend time. I would see it again.
Johnny Gnar Gnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:09 PM   #92
c130

I bought the comic book to take with me on holiday to Spain, after spending half an hour browsing the comics section of the bookshop for some reading material to bring... I left it in my bag at the airport coffee shop by accident but that's another story.

So yah I read the comic book first and was so blown away by it I went on the 'net to see what else I could dig up about the story. Discovered the movies, and obtained the first one. Watched it, loved it (though was slightly disappointed, as one always is when seeing a movie production of a wonderful book/comic) and decided against watching either of the sequels.

Oh yeah and the Crow movie soundtrack is awsome. Burn made me pick up some other music by Cure (never listened to them before then) but I was disappointed that most of their work isn't as powerful as Burn.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:14 AM   #93
Kraven de Sade

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle hawk
Wicked Prayer is like a curse to the first the crow.The plot is a bad copy of it.
It definitely doesn't help that Dennis Hopper might as well have been rehashing his role from Waterworld...
Kraven de Sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:09 AM   #94
Vyvian Blackthorne

I love The Crow, both comic and film. I admire how they took traits of Peter Murphy and Alice Cooper to combine the charecter of Eric-that same method I used with my own creations.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:41 AM   #95
Haunted House

The movie was Ok. I can admit to liking it, but its such a shame that there are so many little jerks who believe that they are, in fact, Eric Draven. Its become a problem. It may even surpass the "vampire" problem someday. Lets hope they both stop. Hahaha.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:14 PM   #96
gulfcoastanthem

I enjoyed the movie, don't get me wrong, but I know EXACTLY what you mean, Haunted House.
You reminded me of one of my favorite quotes:

"Friends don't let friends dress like the Crow."
gulfcoastanthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #97
rockitmarty

The Crow is a fantastic film...I remember watching that in the theaters years ago. The soundtrack is great with STP on it.
rockitmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #98
Kraven de Sade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted House
The movie was Ok. I can admit to liking it, but its such a shame that there are so many little jerks who believe that they are, in fact, Eric Draven. Its become a problem. It may even surpass the "vampire" problem someday. Lets hope they both stop. Hahaha.
Maybe it'll turn out that they're like anti-matter, and annihilate each other on contact. Hopefully with knives, swords, bludgeons, and decks of cards.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:22 PM   #99
Vyvian Blackthorne

I am Eric Draven. So is Bloopie. Good bye forever.