Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
I Don't Need Eyes

Smile Xbox 360 sucks!!!!!!

The 360 sucks. Its not HD. The games are DVDs. DVDs are not HD. Thats why they made an HD DVD external add on drive. Also the online is not free! It dosen't even have a web browser!! Microsoft computers didn't put an internet capability!! PS3 kicks 360's ass big time!
I Don't Need Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
JCC

So read a book instead.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #3
RozzVanian

I don't give a shit about HD. Otherwise, it's a solid system when it's actually working. The graphics are good, the games are good. Sometimes HD actually looks worse with certain games, because they get all jagged-edgy.

I love my Xbox360.
RozzVanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #4
I Don't Need Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozzVanian View Post
I don't give a shit about HD. Otherwise, it's a solid system when it's actually working. The graphics are good, the games are good. Sometimes HD actually looks worse with certain games, because they get all jagged-edgy.

I love my Xbox360.
If u don't care about HD then u have never seen true HD. If a game looks jaged in HD then the developer half assed it.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:28 PM   #5
RozzVanian

As long as it's not PONG, I'm satisfied with the graphics as it is. I see no need to waste money for a few extra pixels.
RozzVanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #6
I Don't Need Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozzVanian View Post
As long as it's not PONG, I'm satisfied with the graphics as it is. I see no need to waste money for a few extra pixels.
more like a few million pixels. Its cool tho if u had a PS3 u would see.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #7
ZyklonB

Fan boys.

10 characters.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:32 PM   #8
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
If anyone doesn't want their xbox 360 anymore give it to me, and I will make one of these:

http://www.break.com/usercontent/200...60-640560.html

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:01 PM   #9
Agent17

I got a PS3 a while ago, so I'm not concerned.

It was completely worth it for Metal Gear, LBP, and soon God of War 3.
Agent17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #10
ZyklonB

I've played on both and they are nice and dandy but personally I prefer the X-box more in a way. And yes, my friend does have a huge ass HDTV I played on. It looked really sweet. But I'm not much of a console boy anyways. PC it is for me.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #11
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
If anyone doesn't want their xbox 360 anymore give it to me, and I will make one of these:

http://www.break.com/usercontent/200...60-640560.html
Most of there xbox's wouldn't work for that it. Plus you can buy a cheap HD-DVD player and do the same thing.

Also, the 360 will be loads better than the PS3 for a couple more years, until the developers figure a way to use all that extra space on the blue-ray discs.

Main reason I hate PS3 games, especially sports games... White lines around everything annoy the fuck out of me. I blame my OCD, it's like reverse cell shading, around realistic graphics, that's retarded.

That and My brother is an associate producer of xbox or MGS (Microsoft Game Studios) and I get free shit for my 360 'cause of him.

Free > PS3 any day...
Old 04-22-2009, 01:32 AM   #12
CptSternn

There are very few good games for PS3. How long has it been out and there are barely any decent titles? Ye can count the number of blockbuster PS3 games on your fingers...
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:45 AM   #13
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
So read a book instead.
Holla!

fuck'ssakedowereallyneedtencharacters
Old 04-22-2009, 05:10 AM   #14
viscus

Oh man, I've been geeking out and wanting a PS3 again. I just read about MediaTomb, which you can put on your linux box to make a media server and stream audio and video to your PS3. It has a transcoding plugin, which will take care of all the video and audio files that the PS3 can't play natively. Say you like to store your music in FLAC. You can set up MediaTomb to transcode it, on the fly, into a WAV stream, which the PS3 will play. Brilliant!

It's also got some awesome looking games.

/geek-out

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:27 AM   #15
Tam Li Hua

HD, if you have the TV system to support it, is absolutely gorgeous! I didn't realize how big of a difference it actually makes until I actually saw it in its full glory.

BTW, PS3 kicks ass, and an Xbox 360 pretty much sucks hairy monkey balls.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:33 AM   #16
Tam Li Hua

Mr E Nigma: Well there's your problem! Why on earth are you playing sports games on it? Most everything my hubby plays on it looks fantastic, but then again, he doesn't play any sports games.

CptSternn: Actually, a TON of games has come out for it. Go to Gamestop or any other game store, or check online. There's no end to the good games for it.

Then again, that depends on what you consider a "good game". If you don't like RPG's, fighting games, racing games, or any other popular game genres, then yeah, I suppose there aren't many that you would like. (-;
Old 04-22-2009, 07:36 AM   #17
Malice In Wonderland

HD this.
HD that.
Shut up.
I have an HD TV.
It was a massive fucking waste of money.
I don't notice any difference.

EDIT: I agree with JCC, I spend more time reading than playing my 360.
I doubt that'd change if it was a PS3.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:38 AM   #18
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland View Post
HD this.
HD that.
Shut up.
I have an HD TV.

EDIT: I agree with JCC, I spend more time reading than playing my 360.
I doubt that'd change if it was a PS3.
You might get your eyes checked...

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:39 AM   #19
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland View Post
HD this.
HD that.
Shut up.
I have an HD TV.
Have you upgraded your entertainment system to go along with the HD TV? If you don't subscribe to HD channels and if you don't watch Blu-Ray's on a Blu-Ray player hooked up the HD TV, then of course you aren't going to see a difference. (-;

Also, did you get an LCD or a plasma? Plasmas are usually better.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:37 AM   #20
Malice In Wonderland

Yep we have HD channels, and yep it's a plasma.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Old 04-22-2009, 10:55 AM   #21
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
Mr E Nigma: Well there's your problem! Why on earth are you playing sports games on it? Most everything my hubby plays on it looks fantastic, but then again, he doesn't play any sports games.

CptSternn: Actually, a TON of games has come out for it. Go to Gamestop or any other game store, or check online. There's no end to the good games for it.

Then again, that depends on what you consider a "good game". If you don't like RPG's, fighting games, racing games, or any other popular game genres, then yeah, I suppose there aren't many that you would like. (-;
The thin white line, I've seen it on multiple games. Sports and non-sports alike, just more noticeable on the sport games, to include racing.

I also agree with Cpt. Sternn, maximum of 5 good games on the PS3 only (Which you can only count on one hand). If it's cross platform I'd rather play it on an xbox 360 since that way I can play all of the xbox 360 exclusive games as well. And the 360 has a lot bigger quantity of really good exclusive games than the PS3. I also own a Wii which is always a fun time at parties.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #22
Tam Li Hua

Malice In Wonderland: Are you blind then? lol That's the only way I can understand how you can't see [and appreciate] the difference.

Mr E Nigma: I've never noticed a white line. As for what classifies as a "good" game, that depends on what you enjoy playing, like I said before. (-;

As for the 360 having a lot of "good", exclusive games, mind giving us a few titles and what you liked about them?

Augh. Nintendo's Wii sucks worse than a 360. :/ I don't have a euphamism bad enough to describe how I feel about that situation, but this pretty much sums it up.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #23
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Malice In Wonderland: Are you blind then? lol That's the only way I can understand how you can't see [and appreciate] the difference.
No, everyone in my house agrees.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:39 PM   #24
isobel black

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euphemism
isobel black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:47 PM   #25
Raptor

Quote:
As for the 360 having a lot of "good", exclusive games, mind giving us a few titles and what you liked about them?
Halo and Gears of War I suppose are two of the biggest. I never really got into Halo, but Gears is great fun.

I can't think of anything on the PS3 that's exclusive and I would want to play that much, except MGS4. And despite how much I love that series of games, it isn't worth the price tag of a PS3. Plus the HD TV if I wanted to get its full potential.

HD isn't that much of a selling factor to me, I've tried out a PS3 on an HDTV and while it was better, the difference isn't proportional to the price difference.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote