Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
GentlemanBeard

Dude, I don't wanna date you

Look my unamed nerd buddy. I'm into girls, not menfolk. I like you as my friend, please stop pushing it further. I've told you how I feel, if you don't stop with the romantic advances, I'm going to have to stop hanging out with you period.

in conclusion: FUCK ROMANCE AND IT'S MANY DIFFICULTIES.

OTL
GentlemanBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:49 AM   #2
Apathy's_Child

This isn't a case of romance being difficult, it's a case of your friend being a lech when it isn't wanted, and it's fucking rude. Tell him straight that although you like him as a friend, if he doesn't cut it out you will no longer be able to hang out with him because ignoring your feelings after you've made them clear is not fucking cool.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:43 AM   #3
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
This isn't a case of romance being difficult, it's a case of your friend being a lech when it isn't wanted, and it's fucking rude. Tell him straight that although you like him as a friend, if he doesn't cut it out you will no longer be able to hang out with him because ignoring your feelings after you've made them clear is not fucking cool.
This.

If that doesn't work; fill his face with uppercuts.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
Ben Lahnger

If uppercuts don't work, then tell him that his continued unwanted advances have had the effect of driving you to craving the opposite sex. His masculinity is forfeit, and he should put his penis away and use it for nothing but waste disposal from now on.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
ape descendant

...could have fooled me with that sexy Black Butler avatar.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #6
AshleyO

Black Butler is not sexy. Plus, that is a child in that avatar. He's not even close to 18.

Also... serve your friend a restraining order. Problem solved.
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:49 PM   #7
GentlemanBeard

Decided to tell him to back off or I leave. Gonna keep the uppercut option as a plan two.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:23 PM   #8
Catch

Okay, whatever. You know, it could be like life telling you to get married. I've noticed a lot of the attractive guys get married as quickly as possible. This might be the reason why.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #9
GentlemanBeard

Catch, I'm like 16. Odds of me getting married any time soon? none.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:05 PM   #10
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanBeard View Post
Catch, I'm like 16. Odds of me getting married any time soon? none.
Actually it is completely legal for you to get married at your age, with the consent of your parent.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #11
AshleyO

Ren, stop being fucking creepy.
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #12
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
Ren, stop being fucking creepy.
I'm simply being factual, facts are unfortunately sometimes creepy. Though really this one isn't that creepy, 200 years ago, to get married at 16 was commonplace, it's merely society's changed standards that has made it not so common.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #13
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
This. If he cares more about the possibility of getting his dick wet than he does about your feelings, he's probably not somebody you want in your life, as a friend or anything else.

I know life isn't always that cut and dried, and I'm sure he's not a bad guy, or you probably wouldn't have him as a friend to begin with. It's also possible you've tried to be gentle to avoid hurting his feelings, which is an easy thing to do where friendships are involved. But I'd say you need to be very clear with him. Once you've done so, in no uncertain terms, the above DOES apply.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:00 PM   #14
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
Okay, whatever. You know, it could be like life telling you to get married. I've noticed a lot of the attractive guys get married as quickly as possible. This might be the reason why.
I'm only 25% sure of what you're trying to say, but I'm 100% sure it's retarded.

Quote:
and I'm sure he's not a bad guy
He's not a bad guy, but he's being immature, and guys like this really need to get thwacked upside the chin with a cluebat. And hard. Otherwise they'll never learn, and they'll just get worse, and worse, and, eventually, they may just turn up like this guy...

http://3edgesword.blogspot.com/2011/...t-deserve.html

^^^^ This guy went through his entire life being the "Nice Guy", the awkward nerd who was always "friend-zoned". He never stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, he might be the only reason he's never had a relationship. He never stopped to think that just having no relationship is just fine too. Nope. So, his anger grew, and grew, until he began placing his blame on all the women around him, men around him, society in general, and even the government. Well, look at him now. A chauvinistic wackaloon that can't get a woman to talk to him, much less date him. He thinks the government should be legally obligated to provide a woman for every man, and that women who show a little bit of cleavage are obligated to provide sex to every dick that crosses their path. I first ran across him ranting and raving on a forum dedicated to some made up internet disease called "Love-Shyness". Let me ask you, do you want your friend to end up like him?

(my girlfriend says I have a flair for the dramatic)

But anyway, why don't you study this link here...

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/...ce-guys-guide/

Maybe get him to read it? Even though this guy may not quite be a "Nice Guy" yet, he's showing signs, and this may be a helpful insight into his line of thinking for you, and a way to demonstrate why his line of thinking is wrong for him.