Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:38 PM   #51
AshleyO

You can't even say that Twilight is the worst vampire movie. I've seen Ankle Biters. There's ALWAYS something worse.

However, I don't think there's anything that can save the vampire from the Twilight blight. Vampires are no longer cool... at all.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:09 AM   #52
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
You can't even say that Twilight is the worst vampire movie. I've seen Ankle Biters. There's ALWAYS something worse.

However, I don't think there's anything that can save the vampire from the Twilight blight. Vampires are no longer cool... at all.
Nah, it'll recover eventually, just look at all the damage the misinformation surrounding columbine did to goth, yet it's still undead and kicking. Talk to any person who hates twilight, and you'll likely find that they hate it because of what it did to vampires, because they hate to see vampires tarnished like that. Thats why so many people don't say vampires suck, but rather "vampires don't sparkle".

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:56 AM   #53
Saya

I still think the movie Bram Stoker's Dracula was the epitome of what's wrong with the vampire genre, and I think Twilight was the natural conclusion to that. You can't create a monster and then get mad that it stomps a few buildings.

You know, its kind of funny how in other literature, what was considered sexy at the time we now know was actually ra.pe (such as with Gone With The Wind), but with vampires we went the other way and romanticized characters who were pretty rapey.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #54
Athanos

My vote for worst is: Lesbian Vampire Killers. It's awful, it plays out campy and it still manages to be horrible.

I'm glad I was plastered when I saw it or else I never would've gotten through it.
Athanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #55
Gamble

I was pretty sure somebody would name Twilight lol
I guess From Dusk Till Dawn 2 and 3 were also really bad so hopefully Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez had nothing to do with these

Old 10-19-2012, 04:58 AM   #56
Bradhenry

I have watched lots of vampire movies these names are
Nosferatu
Vampyr
Dracula
These movies are so worst and i can't watch it again But Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter movies is so good.
Bradhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #57
Drew Keaton

OMG! Nosferatu is one of my faves! Coppola's Dracula is too. I wouldn't watch something like Lincoln if it was the last movie ever made. I'm far too much of a fan of the Gothic element for that. People seem to like it though.
Drew Keaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #58
Gilgamesh

twilight i mean
vampires that sparkle
nothing beats this
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #59
Catch

There is no such thing as a bad vampire movie. That's why vampire movies are so popular.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #60
ape descendant

I thought "Bride of Dracula" was pretty bad. I couldn't even sit through the whole thing.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #61
ape descendant

Shit, it wasn't "Bride of Dracula" it was "Countess Dracula"... I know its kind of a classic.. but just not up my alley.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote