Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:02 PM   #2701
the-nihilist

I think I'm gonna hurl.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #2702
the-nihilist

Man... I think somethings coming up, I hate puking.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:52 PM   #2703
KissMeDeadly

This whole week has sucked.

Christmas Eve I get turned down for a job that I really, really wanted and needed.

Christmas day... Well, that just always sucks.

Day after Christmas I get sick as all living fuck and start coughing up my lungs and spewing mucus all the fuck over everything

It's lasted the rest of the week, and I'm still sick now. Normally this wouldn't really be a problem, but today I had to go to a job interview coughing and making everything gross.

Also my friends have been so annoying lately. I only have three friends that I regularly associate with. One is gone for another five days, another is a borderline sociopath who's getting worse and worse. I know it's not his fault, but it's still pissing me off because he's been trying to use me more and more. I've known the guy since like, 6th grade, and I've watched him get worse over the years. He doesn't even go to his doctors or take his medicine anymore.

The third is just way too clingy and needy. He has 0 balls and 0 self confidence. Every time he does anything even remotely embarassing he makes a huge deal out of apologizing and freaks out. It's kind of scary because he has giantism.

I have some weird fucking friends.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:13 AM   #2704
Saya

So we got our schedule for the first week of January, I don't even wanna say how many hours I got it was that bad >.< My supervisor told me to hang in there, because the way they have it is that there's only one person in the whole department, and since someone always has to be in the fitting room, and not to mention all the prep work we need to do for inventory in the middle of the month, its going to be absolutely impossible for a single person to run the entire department, keep it clean, serve customers and get all that prep work done, especially when we can't leave the fitting room. So she says they'll be forced to give us better hours once they watch the store fall apart.

But still, its shit. I should look for a part time job in the meantime until the managers have this epiphany.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #2705
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
But still, its shit. I should look for a part time job in the meantime until the managers have this epiphany.
Saya, yes you should. Immediately. Because this kind of thinking tends to be indicative of a greater pattern of thought, of tendencies in the same direction. Your immediate boss is probably a nice person, but looking on the bright side and waiting for the best is likely to be a disappointing prospect in the future, because the powers that be there will likely make other similar decisions later.

I'm not saying quit, not without having another job lined up first. I'm just saying that it's a lot easier to find a job when you already have one. Prospective employers love hiring you away from another company. You are more confident in interviews when you're not stressing out about your lack of income. It's just easier.

<rant> My coffeepot died today. I was waiting 10 minutes before I realized the light was on but no water was heating. So I heated water in the microwave one cup at a time and poured it into the brew basket to make a pot of coffee this morning. I'm buying a new coffee maker today and buying a jar of instant for the cupboard ... as a backup plan.

</rant>

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #2706
Saya

Oh I know, no point in quitting and getting no money, I'd rather have at least some money. Although part of me wishes they'd just lay me off so I could get EI at least, you know? Its kinda cruel to expect us all to live on this.

I got a question though, if there's any store I wanna work in its a bookstore and there's a Coles in another mall that is currently hiring full time. They advertise on monster.ca but I find if I apply that way I never hear anything, whereas I know someone who applied to Chapters (Chapters and Coles are owned by the same company only Chapters is a much larger store, not sure if you have that chain down in the states) and he at least got an interview by applying in store. Even though the only instructions on their ad is to apply online, should I just go for it and drop off a resume in person?
Old 12-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #2707
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Even though the only instructions on their ad is to apply online, should I just go for it and drop off a resume in person?
DO BOTH. Like buying two lottery tickets it doubles your chances and if someone notices they will chalk it up to ambition and showing real desire to work there. I know ... I've done hiring in the past for several companies.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 12-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #2708
honeythorn

It won't do any harm to drop one off in person, wear something fairly smart, just say You'd like to give your resume to the manager if they'd be so kind as to take a moment to read it, explain that you've also applied online but thought you'd drop a resume off anyway.

It will show you're keen for the job and willing to take the time to stop by and hand a resume in peronally.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #2709
Ben Lahnger

I bought a $10 coffee maker to replace the one that crapped out this morning. I really wanted the $60 one with the touch controls, the metal thermos carafe with no heating pad to burn the coffee over time and the two metal travel mugs, but since we've gone through 2 coffee makers in the last 6 months I'm not taking a chance on an expensive one until we move in the spring.

So in the meantime, meh. At least I'll have coffee ... made a reasonable way.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 12-30-2009, 11:42 PM   #2710
gothicusmaximus

why is neckwear so expensive?
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:51 PM   #2711
NaughtyKitten

I have no rant, except maby that i can't get to sleep when i'd like to. I really just want people here to like me and i've done a bad job so far at being a good newbie. I'm sorry guys
NaughtyKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:46 AM   #2712
Still Jack

This is the last time I'm pulling Beagle out of the mud with his fucking Focus. I should be asking money for this shit, it costs 400€ to be pulled out of the mud by a garage. This experience leads me to believe that I'm a seriously magnanimous motherfucker.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:44 AM   #2713
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
why is neckwear so expensive?
Neckwear? As in jewellery or scarves?
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:52 AM   #2714
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Neckwear? As in jewellery or scarves?
Ties.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:09 AM   #2715
Ben Lahnger

Jack, right now it sounds like your a seriously magnanimous motherfucker with communication issues. Are you gonna tell the hapless fool that you've been helping that next time he's out on his arse? Or are you just gonna wait till it happens and tell him "Tough luck, Charlie. Cough up 400€" when he calls?

I'd tell him now your seriously tired of that crap. Let him know that the next time he calls you for a rescue he isn't gonna like the answer. You've been a nice guy. You can say this to him and keep nice guy status.

BTW, thanks for pulling his sorry ass out of the mud one more time.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 01-01-2010, 12:38 AM   #2716
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly View Post
another is a borderline sociopath who's getting worse and worse. I know it's not his fault, but it's still pissing me off because he's been trying to use me more and more. I've known the guy since like, 6th grade, and I've watched him get worse over the years. He doesn't even go to his doctors or take his medicine anymore.
Just in case you aren't aware there actually isn't any medication that really treats sociopathy, there are just medications that make them less impulsive and reduce violent behavior, which can be either mood stabilizers, tranquilizers, or antidepressants but most sociopaths don't stay on them as medication is more for the benefit of those around them and is somewhat detrimental to the actual sociopath.

Not sure that made much sense, I'm a bit tired, anyway I'm off to bed.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #2717
Still Jack

The first person I've felt any flicker of anything resembling some sort of romantic feeling for, doesn't want to be in a relationship with me. Said person wants to remain fuck buddies, which I am rather comfortable with but I feel like I'm missing out on something that could actually mean something to me.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:05 AM   #2718
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Jack, right now it sounds like your a seriously magnanimous motherfucker with communication issues. Are you gonna tell the hapless fool that you've been helping that next time he's out on his arse? Or are you just gonna wait till it happens and tell him "Tough luck, Charlie. Cough up 400€" when he calls?

I'd tell him now your seriously tired of that crap. Let him know that the next time he calls you for a rescue he isn't gonna like the answer. You've been a nice guy. You can say this to him and keep nice guy status.

BTW, thanks for pulling his sorry ass out of the mud one more time.
Yeah I've made him aware of the fact. It's just I don't want him to wrap himself round a tree. Even though I'm pissed off with him, I actually kinda like him.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #2719
ape descendant

So, xmas is over, I've been cleaning up the aftermath of a nearly home-made xmas. Bits of plastic, beads, yarn, fake jewels, fake greenery and the like carpeted my workshop of doom.

My tree is still up, I don't have the heart to take it down...and the red star on top is just so smart. I hate to put it away along with all my glue-doodle ornaments, they bring color to the room that it didn't have previously, despite the copious amount of black bats frozen in time upon the wall.

I don't want to take my decorations down, but somewhere deep in the heart of me I know that I may NOT leave this tree up past the end of January.. and that even that may be stretching it.

I need to get out of my house. :'(
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #2720
KissMeDeadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Just in case you aren't aware there actually isn't any medication that really treats sociopathy, there are just medications that make them less impulsive and reduce violent behavior, which can be either mood stabilizers, tranquilizers, or antidepressants but most sociopaths don't stay on them as medication is more for the benefit of those around them and is somewhat detrimental to the actual sociopath.

Not sure that made much sense, I'm a bit tired, anyway I'm off to bed.
Yeah, I don't really know details, all I know is that for most of the time throughout grade school and highschool he had pills he took that 'help him', that's what he and his parents said. I didn't really ask what they were. At this point though he picks fights all the time and steals things/manipulates people. It's got to the point that I just don't even go around him any more.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #2721
Underwater Ophelia

Yo Gothicus. You still wearing the cape?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #2722
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly View Post
Yeah, I don't really know details, all I know is that for most of the time throughout grade school and highschool he had pills he took that 'help him', that's what he and his parents said. I didn't really ask what they were. At this point though he picks fights all the time and steals things/manipulates people. It's got to the point that I just don't even go around him any more.
Sociopaths don't really make the best of friends. I know that it sounds callous as it isn't something that they can help but your friend will never change and he will always take advantage of those around him, that is just how his disorder works. Staying friends in the sense that you two hang out and have fun if fine, just don't let yourself get too close or trust him because he will take advantage of it.

On another note I am tired, I'm so not sued to this whole getting up early for work thing, plus I still haven't recovered from all of the wonderful family time that I had while I was home. Oh well I go in late tomorrow and I have off Sunday and Monday so I can , too bad the rest of the week I have the 8am shift.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:12 PM   #2723
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Yo Gothicus. You still wearing the cape?
Not for a year now. I told you this.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:46 PM   #2724
carakitty

Ape, I don't want to take down our Christmas decorations either. My man has a scroogy side. He was bitching about the $40 increase to our electric bill. I failed to point out to him that the increased use of the heater probably contributed to the increase more than the lights. I'm thinking Epiphany will be when they come down. Need to look up when that is this year. I'll also need to find out what time Mass is at.

My rant for the evening is something that happened yesterday but it's going to be giving us love for a while. It's all my fault too. I made a delicious baked potato soup with tons of cheddar and bacon. But for some reason my brain thought it wouldn't be a big deal to put six Russets worth of peelings down the disposal in one go. Now the pipe under the disposal is cracked and the dishwasher and sinks are out of commission until we get the damn pipe fixed. The dishwasher is nearly full of dirty dishes and I've got some disposable stuff to eat off in the meantime but I don't know what we're going to do when our cooking pots are all dirty. Leftovers or take out I suppose.

Another thing that happened was that when I was messing around with the broken soap dispenser pump built into the sink, I gave myself a delicious blood blister on my right ring finger, near the tip. What am I supposed to do about that thing? It's just this little pocket of blood but it's whispering at me to pop and drain it then wrap it up with a cartooned band aid.

One more bitch from me. Indecisiveness. Can't decide if i want to do one of those Project 365 things or not. I love my new camera to death and want to share lots of pictures with it but a voice in my head keeps saying committing to a Project 365 will make my school work suffer.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:11 AM   #2725
Saya

One of my aunts (who was my biological grandmother, but mom was raised by her grandparents so I always knew her as an aunt) died ten years ago from ALS, and when she was hospitalized before she died they tested her blood and found a lot of lead in her system, which is probably why she had ALS. Her daughter is suffering from cancer for a second time now and her ex husband has been very sick for years, turns out they all lived together in Buchans for a while, and its been in the news recently that the town is contaminated with lead from the abandoned mines, all the residents are advised to get tested and the RCMP is asking anyone who was stationed there in the last fifty years to get tested. Its just sad that they lived there so long ago but it stayed in their system all that time.