Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #5251
Pineapple_Juice

I thought it was funny. I don't think I'm ugly either, it's not offensive. It was supposed to be funny, haha, chortle guffaw.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #5252
MissCheyenne

Family can be such dicks, they think they are being funny when really, they are being total cock ends. My sisters a lot like that. She sent me an e-mail the other other day with a ten point piece on why she thinks I can't keep a man. LOL

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #5253
Pineapple_Juice

HA! I figure people do stuff like that to make sure you still have a sense of humor.

Personally, I'm really self-asborbed. I like making fun of me, 'cause I get to be the main topic of conversation.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #5254
MissCheyenne

It's good that you can laugh about it, took me years to develop a sense of humor about my family.

I am your slice of pie
Old 03-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #5255
Solumina

I seem to have fucked up my wrist/hand (the pain is right at the base of my thumb so I'm not totally sure what the problem is). I'm going to blame all of the fucking eggs, even though it started hurting yesterday afternoon and I haven't done any eggs since Thursday.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #5256
honeythorn

Squats in Aerobics = Arse-ache And this Salmon? *chews* I'm not massively impressed by it. I was hoping the chilli flakes would make it interesting and less Salmon-y , but no *sigh*
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #5257
MissCheyenne

Ugh, my chest infection hasn't shifted so I've got another course of stronger anti-biotics and I have to go for a chest x-ray.

I am your slice of pie
Old 03-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #5258
Pineapple_Juice

^ Ouch, that sounds miserable.

I weighed myself yesterday and found that I was 160 pounds. I think it's from quitting smoking, and because I've moved in with the BF and we have very different eating habits. He is very naturally thin and likes to eat three large meals a day and snack on tortilla chips and guac in the interim. He loves to saturate things in olive oil (he pours olive oil into spaghetti sauce). He is also a very big fan of soda.

I don't eat like that. I like to snack on small foods throughout the day, and I don't cook because I don't know how. I am not used to eating three fat meals every day, and meanwhile I'm still in the habit of snacking like normal. Also I don't usually drink soda because it's too expensive.

So now I'm 15 pounds heavier than normal, and he blames it on me eating several popsicles a day. Psht.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #5259
MissCheyenne

Yeah, it is damn miserable PJ.

Are you uncomfortable with putting weight on? I dropped a good few pounds when I stopped drinking fizzy pop. Can't stand the stuff now.

I am your slice of pie
Old 03-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #5260
Pineapple_Juice

Yeah it's not too pleasant. Especially considering my big goal weight is about 135, and now I've ballooned up to 160 it's gonna be even harder.

I'm trying to eat 500 calories less per day (or burn that much, or a combination thereof) than what's needed to maintain my weight right now. I should lose about a pound a week, but that just doesn't seem quick enough.

You honestly hate soda now? I never hated it, I just didn't drink it. I wonder...
Old 03-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #5261
MissCheyenne

I've never been a huge fan of fizzy drinks if I'm honest. It wasn't something we really had when I was a kid as it was more expensive than other drinks and with six kids to see to, it would have taken an awful lot to give it to us all, all the time. I can't stand it most of the time now, I only really drink it if it has alcohol in it, other than that, I don't bother with it all.

I'm meant to be going on a diet myself as I'm about 30 pounds or so overweight, I just can't seem to shift it no matter how hard I try. I eat better and get more exercise than I have done in years but still it won't shift.

I am your slice of pie
Old 03-08-2011, 01:40 AM   #5262
CuckooTuli

I had a similar experience - the one time I ever felt the need to go on an actual diet in my life was when living with a boyfriend. You've basically got two options: either suggest splitting the cooking, so you can counter his massive meals with normal healthy ones, or just really put your foot down about what's made. I went with the latter as the guy I was with really loved cooking and looked at me like a kicked puppy when I suggested I take over dinner a few nights a week. It was still a constant battle getting him to stop basing every meal on huge amounts of meat and olive oil though - damn foodies and their delicious sabotage.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:28 AM   #5263
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
I had a similar experience - the one time I ever felt the need to go on an actual diet in my life was when living with a boyfriend. You've basically got two options: either suggest splitting the cooking, so you can counter his massive meals with normal healthy ones, or just really put your foot down about what's made. I went with the latter as the guy I was with really loved cooking and looked at me like a kicked puppy when I suggested I take over dinner a few nights a week. It was still a constant battle getting him to stop basing every meal on huge amounts of meat and olive oil though - damn foodies and their delicious sabotage.
Instead of making other people eat crap they don't want, you could give self-control a shot.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #5264
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Instead of making other people eat crap they don't want, you could give self-control a shot.
It's a hell of a harder to lose weight when eating food that contains a lot of oil, fat and meat. If two of us are eating, why should one person get their way all the time? I see absolutely no reason why I should either get fat, or have to live on tiny portions that leave me hungry to stay within weight-losing calorie bounds, because someobdy else just has to have high-calorie food when I'm trying to get into shape.

Also - "crap"? If you consider normal, healthy meals crap, you're really the wrong person to be offering advice on this.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #5265
Solumina

You all know how I was getting all excited about this apartment that Jake and I were in the process of applying for? Well the people in it decided to retract their notice and since we haven’t signed any paperwork or anything they get to renew and we are out of luck. The people in the leasing office are trying to figure something out for us and if another one bedroom comes available then it will go right to us, even if someone else could move in earlier but that isn’t too likely. The woman that we worked with is also trying to see if she can give us a discount on a two bedroom, which shouldn’t be a problem for their smallest two bedroom as it is only $100 more a month than the place we were going to be in but they don’t have any of them open at the moment (but again if one comes available then we would get first dibs). They have larger units available but they would need to knock a lot more off of the price for us to be able to afford any of them and I’m not sure they will be able to do that.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #5266
MissCheyenne

Most of today has been absolute balls. My step dad had his number plate stolen from his car in the hospital car park and my Mum needs to have a biopsy done. Trying not to panic and think the worst about it but it's hard.

I am your slice of pie
Old 03-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #5267
Solumina

I hate people who cannot grasp the concept of a building closing at its stated closing time.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-09-2011, 03:21 AM   #5268
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
Yeah it's not too pleasant. Especially considering my big goal weight is about 135, and now I've ballooned up to 160 it's gonna be even harder.

I'm trying to eat 500 calories less per day (or burn that much, or a combination thereof) than what's needed to maintain my weight right now. I should lose about a pound a week, but that just doesn't seem quick enough.

You honestly hate soda now? I never hated it, I just didn't drink it. I wonder...
Do what they do on the TV shows like the biggest loser, and do epic workouts - like 2hrs a day - burn about 800 calories, drop your intake to 1200-1500 but you will have to eat protien at each meal and then eat salads because they trigger metabolism and eat every 2.5-3hrs so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. good luck

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #5269
honeythorn

Or be sensible and DON'T do what they do on the biggest loser. Training for hours on end like that day after day on a very low calorie diet, will cause strain and overtraining of muscles .

Also, the "winners" are actually completely fucking cheating when it comes to the last weigh in. They stop consuming solid food the day before and dehydrate themselves with Diuretics to be sure to weigh less at the final weigh in. They all gain it back the next couple of weeks.

Most of the weight the people on that show lose is water and lean body tissue. Doing that leaves you with excess skin and flab, instead of a decently worked body.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:34 AM   #5270
Pineapple_Juice

Like lapband/gastric bypass people?

I've lost 5 pounds overnight. What?
Old 03-09-2011, 11:24 AM   #5271
Saya

Do you weigh yourself at the exact same time everyday?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #5272
Ben Lahnger

I applied for a customer service job online with a company named DP. They called, leaving a message with a callback number to set up an interview. I was on the verge of calling them back but decided to put "DP" and their address into google, see if I could pick up a little company info or find a company website and be better prepared for the call and the interview.

Turns out the company is a well known scam operation, reported repeatedly to the BBB, and the so called "customer service" position would be door-to-door Kirby Vacuum Cleaner sales. SONOFABITCH!

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DECEIVE YOU WITH SHIT LIKE THAT. Especially since I was getting my hopes cranked up.

BASTITCHES!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #5273
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
I applied for a customer service job online with a company named DP. They called, leaving a message with a callback number to set up an interview. I was on the verge of calling them back but decided to put "DP" and their address into google, see if I could pick up a little company info or find a company website and be better prepared for the call and the interview.

Turns out the company is a well known scam operation, reported repeatedly to the BBB, and the so called "customer service" position would be door-to-door Kirby Vacuum Cleaner sales. SONOFABITCH!

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DECEIVE YOU WITH SHIT LIKE THAT. Especially since I was getting my hopes cranked up.

BASTITCHES!
Wait... that's not happens when I put "DP" into a search engine!

MY VIRGIN EYES, NO!!
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #5274
Ben Lahnger

Yeah, well it actually stands for Dyno somthing; I just didn't want to give them any PR. Plus, that exact imagery came to mind as I though about the double screwing they're doing to their prospective employees and prospective customers.

Virgin eyes ... ha ha, that's a good one! LMAO!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #5275
Versus

I like that we're on the same page, here.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote