Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:06 AM   #1
Bellasaria

Hello!

well hi there! i'm new to this website and although i still consider myself a baby bat, i decided to join
i'm from serbia, my favorite artist is MM, even though i lovelovelove the classic gothic bands such as bauhaus, joy division, sisters of mercy, christian death and so on
i also enjoy different kinds of metal and rock and industrial music too (as i already mentioned, i love Marilyn Manson) and that's why i don't exactly like labeling myself as goth but i've always been a big fan of the subculture.

i almost forgot... my real name is Xenia, just to be clear
if you want to know anything else about me, ask and i'll do my best to provide you with an elaborate answer!
Bellasaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:31 AM   #2
Bellasaria

whoops!

EDIT: i just noticed i am supposed to answer some questions that all new users are given, whoops! here it goes:

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
i'm only fifteen, so i don't really have a job, but i love drawing, painting, crafting and such aaaaand i also play the violin!

2. Where are you from?
up there ^^^

3. Who is your favorite author?
i don't have one because i don't really pay much attention to the authors, i rather focus on the books.

4. What are your favorite films?
Saw V, VI, VII

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
something not too lively, but still romantic - maybe 'A Kiss to Remember' by My Dying Bride or something like that.

6. At your funeral?
oooh, this is a hard one.. maybe something like 'Birds of Hell Awaiting' or 'Odds of Even' by MM (i know these are from the new album which is not as HC as his other albums but i like the dark and gloomy vibe of these two songs)

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
peacefully - in my sleep or surrounded by my loved ones.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
a classic black one with barely visible lace-like embellishments.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
my black leather skirt, chunky platform ankle boots, knee socks and my victorian inspired shirt.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
the carelessness!

11. What's your favorite band?
Marilyn Manson, duh
but here's a list of bands i listen to the most (not in any specific order): alice in chains, audioslave, kreator, metallica, nightwish, the sisters of mercy, nirvana, rob zombie (and white zombie ofc), pantera, pearl jam, red hot chili peppers, sepultura, anthrax, slayer, megadeth, bauhaus, joy division, christian death, type o negative, my dying bride, black sabbath, iron maiden, red moon architect, covenant, depeche mode, cradle of filth etc., etc., etc...

(two more bands worth mentioning are Evanescence and Imagine Dragons, as i used to listen to them a lot earlier; i still appreciate them, their music just isn't as appealing to me anymore)

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
still in school!

13. Why did you join?
i don't know.. yet

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
female

that's it folks! anything else you wanna know? ask and i'll answer asap!
Old 07-30-2015, 08:04 AM   #3
Bellasaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellasaria View Post
Marilyn Manson, duh
but here's a list of bands i listen to the most (not in any specific order): alice in chains, audioslave, kreator, metallica, nightwish, the sisters of mercy, nirvana, rob zombie (and white zombie ofc), pantera, pearl jam, red hot chili peppers, sepultura, anthrax, slayer, megadeth, bauhaus, joy division, christian death, type o negative, my dying bride, black sabbath, iron maiden, red moon architect, covenant, depeche mode, cradle of filth etc., etc., etc...

(two more bands worth mentioning are Evanescence and Imagine Dragons, as i used to listen to them a lot earlier; i still appreciate them, their music just isn't as appealing to me anymore)
oh my, how could i have forgotten nine inch nails? i feel as if i'll be the only one that answered to my own thread but anyways, i felt bad about leaving them out so.. yeah
Old 07-30-2015, 08:34 AM   #4
Bellasaria

i knew i was forgetting something else too.. Siouxsie and the Banshees!! how could i? this is just awful. all of the replies are mine, i swear i won't reply until someone else does lol
Old 07-30-2015, 09:29 PM   #5
Acharis

Oh hey! I didn't see this. Welcome in, have a seat wherever you'd like
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 04:55 PM   #6
Saya

Hello and welcome! What kind of crafts do you do? And what are your favourite books?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:46 PM   #7
shadowynne

M&m? Seriously? Is that goth too you? Whatever. They will except any worthless snivelling piece of shit here... so welcome yet another nongothic member of the ever worthless fold. Oh, and by the way, M. Manson is shock rock so try again. God's anything passes for goth these days...

Phant...

Would be sick...
shadowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:48 PM   #8
shadowynne

OK 8, 9 and 10 almost give you credit...
shadowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:48 AM   #9
Bellasaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowynne View Post
M&m? Seriously? Is that goth too you? Whatever. They will except any worthless snivelling piece of shit here... so welcome yet another nongothic member of the ever worthless fold. Oh, and by the way, M. Manson is shock rock so try again. God's anything passes for goth these days...

Phant...

Would be sick...
so what you're saying is that being goth means only listening to music you deem goth or what..? and besides, i already stated i don't exactly like labeling myself as goth (nor do i like any kinds of labels), but that i'm rather just a fan of the subculture.
you not liking the bands i listen to does not make me or the bands less worthy so you can go and be negative somewhere else, thank you very much.
and fyi, MM is industrial metal.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:27 PM   #10
Allistrazsa

Hi and welcome! I'm pretty new here myself so I don't exactly know how to go about this. Hm... have you ever listened to the Birthday Massacre?
Allistrazsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:30 PM   #11
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I like how you stood your ground with shadowynne. Being able to take the rough and tumble of snarky goths is...goth!
Welcome.
Oh, and Allistrazsa, I love Birthday Massacre!
Blue especially.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:26 PM   #12
JazzyGoth

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I'm 19. I'm starting classes at Tulane University on Monday. My hobbies are surfing the web, reading Cracked, reading books, playing my saxophone, playing tabletop games like Settlers of Cataan, playing tabletop RPGs and watching cartoons, anime, Star Trek: TNG and movies.

2. Where are you from?
New York State

3. Who is your favorite author?
Terry Pratchett. But Neil Gaiman is a close second.

4. What are your favorite films?
Twelve Angry Men, The Avengers, Pretty much everything by Tim Burton except for Alice in Wonderland, Princess Mononoke, Summer Wars, Wreck-it Ralph, Forest Gump

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Jazz, Swing, Klezmer, the Blues and Classic Rock.

And if I'm able to dream, a live concert by Aurelio Voltaire

6. At your funeral?
Probably the Blues and whatever tunes the prayers are

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Painlessly, but heroic and dramatically. Like getting crushed by a girder
just after getting the last sample of the cure to ALS out of my basement lab and into production after Big Pharma tried to burn down my lab.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Biodegradable. I want to have a fruit tree planted over my grave that will use my body as fertilizer. My descendants will eat the fruit of my grave tree as a rite of passage

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Don't have one yet. A big part of the reason I entered this forum was to get some advice on putting together a goth outfit for guys.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
When you did crazy insane things, adults thought it was cute. Now people just look at me funny or laugh nervously like they're scared of what I'll do I don't think they appreciate my antics.

The Beatles.

Favorite bands and artists of mine that could be considered Goth are Aurelio Voltaire, Amanda Palmer and the Dresden Dolls, and Heather Dale.

2. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
High school degree at the moment. I'm starting classses at Tulane soon as I said above. I don't want to decide my major yet, but it's probably going to be Cell & Molecular Biology

13. Why did you join?
I want to be with other people who like spookiness, craziness and snark. Also, I am so baby bat that if my experience were tied to my age, I could still be legally aborted in most states. I want to learn how to put together some goth outfits on my college student (with understanding parents) budget and find some decent goth clubs that might actually allow me in in my area.

And before anyone even says it: yes, I could be considered a bit of a poser, since part of my interest is the fashion and the shock value. To this I say, so what? Read some Jung people. We're all posers to some crowd.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
I've considered keeping it a secret online just to fuck with people, but don't think I want to start off on that foot.

I'm cis-male. Just boring old cis-male. Feel free to ignore me and my lack of boobs or a traumatic past of being tormented due to my gender identity.
JazzyGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:08 AM   #13
Acharis

Welcome Jazz. Nice choice on the coffin and the fruit tree, I wouldn't mind that option for myself. Perhaps a blood orange tree to make my descendants a little on edge...
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:26 AM   #14
JazzyGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharis View Post
Welcome Jazz. Nice choice on the coffin and the fruit tree, I wouldn't mind that option for myself. Perhaps a blood orange tree to make my descendants a little on edge...
I would've said apple tree, because knowledge and they're my favorite, but those need to be cross-pollinated with a whole orchard

So, would the fashion board be where I could find a thread about starting out?
JazzyGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:26 AM   #15
Molster

Welcome, welcome Jazz & Bell from another newbie *** waves ***
Molster is offline   Reply With Quote