Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #1
Saya

I guess we shouldn't be surprised...

Quote:
In a remark extraordinary even by the standards of conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh, the right-wing radio heavyweight declared on his program Wednesday that the United States needed to return to racially segregated buses.

Referring to an incident in which a white student was beaten by black students on a bus, Limbaugh said: “I think the guy’s wrong. I think not only it was racism, it was justifiable racism. I mean, that’s the lesson we’re being taught here today. Kid shouldn’t have been on the bus anyway. We need segregated buses — it was invading space and stuff. This is Obama’s America.”

A full transcript of Limbaugh’s comments on his radio show is available at MediaMatters.org.

Limbaugh’s comments came after a called complained to say that local law enforcement said the attack probably wasn’t racially motivated. The incident had been hyped by the conservative Drudge Report, which posted a video of the fracas.

“Police initially said the beating of the white student by two black students appeared to be racially motivated,” the Associated Press wrote. “But police on Tuesday backed away from that.”

That didn’t stop Limbaugh from making his comments Wednesday.

“In Obama’s America, the white kids now get beat up with the black kids cheering, ‘Yay, right on, right on, right on, right on,” Limbaugh also said. “I wonder if Obama’s going to come to come to the defense of the assailants the way he did his friend Skip Gates up there at Harvard.”

“White Americans are racists who have created what they call free markets that really just enslave the rest of America and her trading partners,” Limbaugh also mocked. “I mean, it was white Americans that ran off Van Jones. No, look, let’s just follow Eric Holder’s advice and not be cowards about all this. Let’s have an open conversation, an honest conversation about all of our typical white grandmothers. You had one, I had one. Obama had one. They’re racists just like our students are. ACORN — hey, nothing but racism fueling the pursuit of ACORN.”

Limbaugh also suggested that racism itself was acceptable.

“If homosexuality being inborn is what makes it acceptable, why does racism being inborn not make racism acceptable?” the talk show host asked. “I’m sorry — I mean, this is the way my mind works. But apparently now we don’t choose racism, we just are racists. We are born that way. We don’t choose it. So shouldn’t it be acceptable, excuse — this is according to the way the left thinks about things.”
I'm not surprised he said this shit, but its unnerving to me to hear white supremacist rhetoric from someone who's mainstream.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
vindicatedxjin

Hmm...very interesting.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #3
Wrath

Racism is not inborn it is taught.
This is just fucking stupid from an ignorant man.
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
Beneath the Shadows

"Let’s have an open conversation, an honest conversation about all of our typical white grandmothers. You had one, I had one. Obama had one. They’re racists just like our students are."

Funny how my grandmother taught me to be tolerant of race... and she was born in Nazi Germany.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
Hmm...very interesting.
Why do you find this only "interesting" but when Deadman posts his unbased Alex Jones shit you get angry at the government?
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #6
Duane

Why are you wasting your time wondering why Vin is so hypocritical on this matter?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #7
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Why do you find this only "interesting" but when Deadman posts his unbased Alex Jones shit you get angry at the government?
In response to Rush Limbaugh...

He has shown himself for the racist shill he really is,I have never agreed with Limbaugh because he is one of the talking heads keeping everybody in the Left/Right paradigm,he is no friend to anyone.

He only plays his part just like Glenn Beck,Bill O'reilly,Chris Mathews,ect.

The mainstream Media is a puppet that dances to the tune of Big Government,they only inform you enough,you never get the whole story,you're only told half of the story.

I'm not saying "Only listen to Alex Jones" to form your opinion,look at both sides of the coin.

See what adds up for yourself.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:42 AM   #8
Raptor

Which source is your other side of the coin?
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:46 AM   #9
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
Which source is your other side of the coin?
Independent Media Sources.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:29 AM   #10
viscus

Couldn't we all just pretend that Rush Limbaugh never existed?

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:07 AM   #11
creature6

couldn't we pretend that the world is pink and we are walking on our hands?
creature6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:54 PM   #12
gothicusmaximus

Well, I hate to even come close to defending Rush Limbaugh in any way, but whoever wrote this article clearly misunderstood the first sound-bite. He was being sarcastic, asserting 'Obama's America' to be a world wherein the white student was at fault and 'shouldn’t have been on the bus anyway'. This is stupid, but not quite advocacy of segregation.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #13
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post

I find it highly amusing that you even find a way to bad mouth me about something as simple as me saying "interesting". Go get a life. You're a loser.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 09-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #14
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
I find it highly amusing that you even find a way to bad mouth me about something as simple as me saying "interesting". Go get a life. You're a loser.
Jin, allow me to translate.

Alan did not bad mouth you. He may actually have a low opinion of you, but that was not what he said in this instance.

What he did was to ask you a question that would hopefully make you think about your current opinions and views, and question their consistency and basis. (Actually you should be somewhat flattered that he took the time to ask you. If he thought you were worthless he would have ignored you, or genuinely insulted you.)

So here is the translation:

"Why do you find this only "interesting" ..."(translation: this is just as unacceptable behavior as what follows, which is...)

"...but when Deadman posts his unbased Alex Jones shit you get angry at the government?" (Translation: you do find this unacceptable, but you should also find Rush revolting too.)

This is said as a kindness. I am not "taking sides" with Alan or you, but merely trying to equalize his intelligent (and worthy) question to your understanding, that's all.

So ask yourself, are you playing into the hands of a demagogue like Rush, or are you truly willing to apply the same criteria of right and wrong to Rush as well as the government? Can you place your hands in your head, and rearrange your thinking to a more independent and objective understanding and perspective?

It is fun, once you begin questioning your beliefs. It begins a journey of self examination that sometimes leads to surprising (and disappointing) revelations. Also, don't take my word for it. Read Socrates.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #15
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
Jin, allow me to translate.

Alan did not bad mouth you. He may actually have a low opinion of you, but that was not what he said in this instance.

What he did was to ask you a question that would hopefully make you think about your current opinions and views, and question their consistency and basis. (Actually you should be somewhat flattered that he took the time to ask you. If he thought you were worthless he would have ignored you, or genuinely insulted you.)

So here is the translation:

"Why do you find this only "interesting" ..."(translation: this is just as unacceptable behavior as what follows, which is...)

"...but when Deadman posts his unbased Alex Jones shit you get angry at the government?" (Translation: you do find this unacceptable, but you should also find Rush revolting too.)

This is said as a kindness. I am not "taking sides" with Alan or you, but merely trying to equalize his intelligent (and worthy) question to your understanding, that's all.

Here's the thing though...it was automatically assumed that I somehow agree with rush.

Fact is I don't agree with anything that was said.

How can one gather up facts, from me saying that something was interesting?

Bring Kontan Back
Old 09-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #16
HumanePain

Quote:
Here's the thing though...it was automatically assumed that I somehow agree with rush.

Fact is I don't agree with anything that was said.

How can one gather up facts, from me saying that something was interesting?

I agree with you. But when I saw your reply to Alan addressing a non-existent insult and then you issuing an insult, I thought you might have misunderstood what he wrote, that's all. That is what I was addressing. I agree, that from a sociological perspective, what Rush said is interesting (and sad...that he can speak such garbage without fear because he knows his unenlightened and shallow audience will not refute it).

Old 09-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #17
Lord Soth

Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer, he gets paid the big bucks to say shocking things like this. He's a complete sellout and gives conservatives a bad name. I'm no longer surprised by any new stupid thing that comes out of his mouth. I'm really amazed no one has gunned him down by now.
Lord Soth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #18
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Soth View Post
...I'm really amazed no one has gunned him down by now.
In the United States we are supposed to have freedom of speech...no matter how bone headed the speech. Gunning down someone for speaking their mind (or the minds of their leash holding Corporations) goes against one of the basic rights in this nation.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:43 PM   #19
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
In the United States we are supposed to have freedom of speech...no matter how bone headed the speech. Gunning down someone for speaking their mind (or the minds of their leash holding Corporations) goes against one of the basic rights in this nation.

Exactly....so why is everyone so touchy. I mean even I feel stupid for making a big deal out of what people say. It's one thing for a president to say something...but seriously...what the heck is gonna come out of what Rush says? He said it...it causes commotion, people forget and then it's over with. And when he's dead no ones gonna remember who he was. sheesh.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 09-18-2009, 02:52 PM   #20
HumanePain

Right. Rush should fall into the descendent like a rotten tomato down the kitchen garbage disposer. But meanwhile, what about someone who is important? What about you and your opinions, and objective evaluation? What about Alan's question? How would you answer him?

Old 09-18-2009, 03:37 PM   #21
vindicatedxjin

In my honest, honest, honest opinion. I truly feel like we are ALL just a tiny itty bitty bit racist to a certain extent...even if it's against our own race. I'll just be blunt though and say that I really don't get along with most black people. Why? because the majority of the one's that I have met truly annoy me...not because of they're skin color but because of they're personality. I have two black friends who I trust with anything, and who aren't your stereotypical ghetto african americans. They are intellectual and have common sense. As for Asians......they get on my fucking nerves as well, they are materialistic, selfish and power crazy people, I work for them and I have they're blood in me...does it matter that I have japanese blood?? No...they still get on my nerves. I get along with White people best...why? because I'm half? because my white side of the family is so much more chill and drama free then my mexican step dads family and my biological fathers crazy asian family? I dunno... But since I'm mixed, I've had black people make fun of me to my face about being a chink and I've had the mexicans on my stepdads family call me the stupid chinese girl...I'm not even fucking chinese yet they portray racism just because they can. Is it right? no... Is there really any need to make a big deal about it though??? no.... All of us can like each other and still dislike each others differences. at least that's my opinion. Why try to pretend that we're not different. FUCK yah were different. I'm not the same as a typical white girl....I can deal with it and admit that we will never be the same. Why is that so hard to fathom?

Bring Kontan Back
Old 09-18-2009, 04:05 PM   #22
Lord Soth

Quote:
Agreed, but people still gun people down because they simply don't agree with other's views. It's sad but it happens
Lord Soth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #23
Saya

Quote:
In my honest, honest, honest opinion. I truly feel like we are ALL just a tiny itty bitty bit racist to a certain extent...even if it's against our own race. I'll just be blunt though and say that I really don't get along with most black people. Why? because the majority of the one's that I have met truly annoy me...not because of they're skin color but because of they're personality. I have two black friends who I trust with anything, and who aren't your stereotypical ghetto african americans. They are intellectual and have common sense. As for Asians......they get on my fucking nerves as well, they are materialistic, selfish and power crazy people, I work for them and I have they're blood in me...does it matter that I have japanese blood?? No...they still get on my nerves. I get along with White people best...why? because I'm half? because my white side of the family is so much more chill and drama free then my mexican step dads family and my biological fathers crazy asian family? I dunno... But since I'm mixed, I've had black people make fun of me to my face about being a chink and I've had the mexicans on my stepdads family call me the stupid chinese girl...I'm not even fucking chinese yet they portray racism just because they can. Is it right? no... Is there really any need to make a big deal about it though??? no.... All of us can like each other and still dislike each others differences. at least that's my opinion. Why try to pretend that we're not different. FUCK yah were different. I'm not the same as a typical white girl....I can deal with it and admit that we will never be the same. Why is that so hard to fathom?
So your solution to combat the racism you have encountered is to be racist against them? Because a little racism is fine?

I concede that its natural for us to try and categorise everything, including each other, but we really really have to be aware of and not let it affect your judgements rather than strip people of their individuality. Thing is, you're using one itty bitty factor, someone's visible race, as a prerequisite to judge and hold biases against anyone who has that trait as well. Its like me saying "I hate blonde people" because people I happen to not get along with are blonde. Or people being homophobic because they got hit on a few times and it grossed them out.

Now thats not to say that there are differences, but a lot of these differences are CREATED by racism, not the other way around. When you hold others in categories and view them as OTHER, not you, something separate, then yeah these differences can be daunting and you begin to antagonize each other. I don't think cultural differences are bad, but this stigma that all black people come from ghettos as you put it really can't be helping their cause and only further to stigmatize them. Ever stop to think that they may be in ghettos because of, I don't know, racism?
Old 09-18-2009, 10:16 PM   #24
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
ghetto african americans
I don't know which part of this annoys me more. The fact so many black people live in ghettos it's become a cliche, or the fact she managed to both racially insult black people AND jump an asinine hoop not to offend them.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:04 PM   #25
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
I don't know which part of this annoys me more. The fact so many black people live in ghettos it's become a cliche, or the fact she managed to both racially insult black people AND jump an asinine hoop not to offend them.
But Joker, its okay, she has two token black friends. Therefore she can say anything that is blatantly racist without actually being a racist herself, right?