Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 03-15-2005, 03:18 PM   #1
HerGhostInTheFog

ATTENTION! IF YOUR AGAINST THE WAR dont go to work/school

http://www.consensus.net/global_walkout_flyers.html

www.consensus.net/walkout.html

please dont criticize me for this, it is just an option and a news bulletin for people who dont know
HerGhostInTheFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 04:18 PM   #2
TeapotScar

I love the "Please don't flame me", because you know this is going to get flamed.

I went through the links, and I can't find one way in which not going to school on March 18th (my spring break anyways...) is going to save the lives of the dead Iraqi and American soldiers.
If you're going to sit here and argue that not going to school for one day is going to through off the Bush administration soooo much that they're going to change their international policy... you're an idiot.

How about this for a protest- go to school that day and *learn something*.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 05:00 PM   #3
edible_eye

just another 'use the soldiers in iraq as an excuse to take the day off' ploy.

sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teapotscar
How about this for a protest- go to school that day and *learn something*.
and they say no one ever has anything original to say. kudos to the teapot.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:17 PM   #4
ice

I know what I'm doing tomorrow... it's going to school. Of course, if any of my school-mates saw this, they'd immediately take the day off, 'cause they're lazy and they hate Bush and everything he does including the war.

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 05:20 PM   #5
Empty_Purple_Stars

This seems like a perfect place to plug for these guys:

http://americansnipers.org/

The ' Adopt a Sniper ' organization.

You adopt a sniper at war, and help them with care packages and things they need.

' Please help us help working snipers in combat zones around the world.

Snipersonline UA and Sniper's Paradise have several members and Sniper friends actively engaged in the battle against terrorism. Our friends are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the number of snipers deployed around the world right now. These snipers are deployed in the theaters of combat, both in Afghanistan and Iraq as well as other locations overseas. Many of these are full time law enforcement officers that have been activated for regular duty action.

Our memberships have chosen to help support our fellow snipers, and brothers in arms, by helping supply them with items that they need to get the job done better as well as things to make their lives easier while on deployment. This has been everything from the basic hygiene type items such as handy wipes to tactical products such as holsters, high speed rucksacks, new optics, rifle accessories, to mini binoculars and batteries.

Who are We?

We are active local, state, and federal police snipers as well as snipers from the various military branches.

We are a tight-knit group that believes strongly in supporting our brothers that are deployed to the front lines. In return for that support, they then pass on their gained knowledge upon their return.

We work hard and believe in our missions.

We train hard so that when the time comes, we can accomplish our missions to the fullest of our abilities.

We are snipers that need support in the form of advanced gear as well as "creature comfort" items to help us pass the time while we are away from our jobs and our families.

We are the ones putting our lives on the line to help keep this great country safe and free from terrorism. We are your sons, your brothers, your husbands, your fathers, as well as your friends.

We invite you to directly support the effort of those that are going in harms way on your behalf '

Plus they have some other really powerful stuff for sale.

So instead of staying home and not being productive, adopt a sniper.

A personal way of saying Thank you to the soldiers that are risking their lives for us on a daily basis.

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 07:24 PM   #6
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
Yeah, I can think of my own excuses for missing class, thank you very much.

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Granny-like_the_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 07:48 PM   #7
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny-like_the_apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
Yeah, I can think of my own excuses for missing class, thank you very much.

too true.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:19 PM   #8
Binkie

The interesting thing about that sniper program, is I know someone who has actually become really close to the soldier they've bought gear for. The soldier actually writes back and forth and sends this person pictures of their kills.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:10 PM   #9
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
The soldier actually writes back and forth and sends this person pictures of their kills.
Uhhhh... I think we all know I'm not okay with that- I don't even really have to say it.

You guys know, right? Not cool with the kill-pix?

Yeah, you know.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
Old 03-21-2005, 05:07 AM   #10
CptSternn

Once again might I point out the irony in the people who support killing via sniper, but think that a vegetable 'deserves' the 'right' to live?

So its ok to be a vegetable, if your american. Healthy Iraqi's lives are worthless and they aren't human.

Oh, the irony.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 06:49 AM   #11
Binkie

Your Homework: Look up the meaning of the word "interesting" in the dictionary. Then plug that into the statement, "I find it interesting" and see if it still translates to, "I totally aggree with and support the act of..."

Then for next weeks exam: Do some reseach on Terri Shiavo. Find out why people don't refer to her as a "vegetable."
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 03-21-2005, 08:22 AM   #12
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
Then for next weeks exam: Do some reseach on Terri Shiavo. Find out why people don't refer to her as a "vegetable."
Denial? Misunderstanding of the term "vegetative state"?

Old 03-21-2005, 09:17 AM   #13
WolfMoon

Do they have pix on their website?

Cuz I wanna adopt a really hot sniper!

:twisted:
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:45 AM   #14
AlKilyu

Quote:
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:57 AM   #15
WolfMoon

WTF??

That's totally off-topic!

I protest to the, uh.........

YEAH RIGHT!

:lol:
Old 03-21-2005, 10:04 AM   #16
WolfMoon

Okay, I have something constructive to say.

*finally*

How about instead of losing our jobs and suffering bad grades for a silly protest you all stand outside of your respective City Halls and shout out ignorant shit via mega-phone?Cuz, ya know, that'll really get things done!And you can have all of your friends get together and smoke a bunch of pot and listen to really lame bands like Phish, all in protest of the war.

Cuz protesting really gets things done!

:roll:
Old 03-21-2005, 10:43 AM   #17
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
That's it, we're through! Again! For real this time! (That is, if we're even together right now. It's so hard to keep track of these things. So if we were already through, then GOOD!)

Old 03-21-2005, 02:25 PM   #18
Deadhymn

Can i help you pick up the pieces and make hot sticky rebound love to your shattered soul?
Deadhymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:34 PM   #19
Granny-like_the_apple

Sorry, I don't have sex with people who I know like my roommate better than me. Tear...

Old 03-21-2005, 03:43 PM   #20
edible_eye

you don't know who i like better - or even if i like either of you at all.

wanna have sex?
Old 03-21-2005, 03:46 PM   #21
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadhymn
Can i help you pick up the pieces and make hot sticky rebound love to your shattered soul?

Quote:
Sorry, I don't have sex with people who I know like my roommate better than me. Tear...
DAYUM DeadHymn, You got:

Aww my first Pwned pic..

Sniffle..

Thanks for providing the grenade Granny..

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 04:22 PM   #22
TeapotScar

Quote:
I think he must have been being sarcastic, I'm mean there's no contest- I don't even like me better! You've got bigger boobies, it's a no-brainer. All I've got going for me is I used to be easier (before the whole bet thing, which I *am* still winning, by the way). But that's not even a good thing.

And congrats on your first pwned pic, EPS- that was definitely an awesome one.

Old 03-21-2005, 05:04 PM   #23
Binkie

Quote:
Your Homework: Find out what is considered a PVS by Florida's definition, then review the examinations the recent court appointed doctor conducted. Report back whether or not they found responsiveness in Terri and how they included that into their diagnosis.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:00 PM   #24
AlKilyu

Quote:
Your Homework:
Binkie can I get someone homework? Cause like David Lee Roth said: I'm hot for teacher! :twisted:
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:59 AM   #25
CptSternn

Millions worldwide have protested time and time again. I don't think a few people not showing up for school is really going to make a difference.

However, with Italy, Ukraine, Denmark, and possible Poland pulling out of Iraq - THAT might make a difference, since the number of countries actually contributing troops is dropping down to like 3, including the us.

Slán
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote