Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-09-2014, 09:18 PM   #1
deathsdj

deathsdj Goth Manor

Not a manor actually but a little house I bought about a year and a half ago. Nothing fancy but I thought it might appeal to some of you guys. It is a three bedroom two bath built in 1907. It has two secret rooms on the upper level and a secret passage between the two downstairs bedrooms. Not really a goth style house but I plan to decorate it in a very Gothic style as finances permit. Right now it is like a big blank canvas except for the upstairs bedroom where I spend most of my time.

Living room. I have not really decorated because I don't really have anything I like yet.

Continued
deathsdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #2
deathsdj

Dining Room. Square table seats six. I need a table cloth and some chair pads.

Another corner shot. It shows this kinda cool planter thing in my front yard. It need a statue or plant or something.

Continued
Old 02-09-2014, 09:20 PM   #3
deathsdj

My bedroom upstairs. I'd like to say it's where the magic happens but really it is where my daughter and I watch cartoons and sleep. She does not like to sleep alone in her room downstairs yet as she is only 4 but I'm sure she will appreciate it one day.

Continued
Old 02-09-2014, 09:22 PM   #4
deathsdj

Upstairs bathroom that we use. Pink rugs were a gift. Cool tub, fake fireplace but it is a space heater. The downstairs bathroom is generally unused. I don't really entertain...

My music studio. Part of the upstairs bedroom. I play Bass if you were wondering.

Not shown are the two downstairs bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen and laundry but my camera wants new batteries before it will work anymore. Also I didn't post pics of the secret rooms or passage but then they wouldn't really be secret any longer if I did right?

Well that is my little goth manor. Not much but I like it and my daughter and I are comfortable there. Give me a few years and I'll have it looking much more like I want.

Just felt like sharing. Not trying to brag or anything. It's not a high dollar house by any means and it's not in the best neighborhood so of course I have an alarm and some cameras. It is within about three minutes of all the schools my daughter will have to attend though which is awesome.

Thanks for indulging me!
Old 02-09-2014, 09:38 PM   #5
Skippy

Looks great.

I notice that you mentioned your house is in a sketchy neighborhood and that you rightly have an alarm system and cameras (great items to have in any case).

Have you thought about adding a last line of defense in the form of a firearm?
Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:49 PM   #6
deathsdj

Yeah. I have a Taurus .357 revolver and a Remington 12 gauge. I also have a few swords, a spiked flail, several knives, a quarter staff and a wrist rocket.

Add in a general bad attitude, parental instincts and having worked in bars for the last 24 years and I'm probably the wrong house to mess with.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:57 PM   #7
deathsdj

Future plans do include a fence around the whole property and adding a couple of beasts. I have only been here a year and a half so it will take some time for me to get things where I want them. I'm thinking about three years and everything should be finished, barring misfortune of course.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:41 PM   #8
Acharis

You had my envy at 'secret rooms' and 'secret passage' Great house deathsdj.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #9
Skippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsdj View Post
Yeah. I have a Taurus .357 revolver and a Remington 12 gauge. I also have a few swords, a spiked flail, several knives, a quarter staff and a wrist rocket.

Add in a general bad attitude, parental instincts and having worked in bars for the last 24 years and I'm probably the wrong house to mess with.
I'm a firm believer that a well stocked arsenal makes a castle complete, well done my friend.
Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:42 PM   #10
deathsdj

I'm thinking of adding an organ or upright piano in my dining room. I have found a couple that are for sale on the local craigslist but I don't really play and don't know what to look for or watch out for. Time to do some online research I suppose.

I want one to facilitate my songwriting as well as to have as an option for my daughter. I'm trying to surround her with a lot of ways to express her creativity, just to see what she shows an interest in. I know I would have loved to grow up in a house with multiple musical instruments as a child.

I'm also looking for an upright bass. Unfortunately they are a little out of my price range right now unless I find a lucky deal.