Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:38 PM   #1901
Jaye Jang

Solumina, I'm sorry that happened to you, but I'm glad you didn't get hurt. I'm also glad you didn't lose your job and the jerks didn't win. Unfortunately, you're right. Lower echelon employees do get to deal with 'abuse' all the time, and you don't have to even be in a service-oriented position. (I've worked in those and we won't go into what customers do. You probably already know).

I work in a hospital as a medical typist and we even get 'assaulted' emotionally and otherwise, by customers, patients and other staff members just because we're considered "low on the food chain" in most hospitals. That's why I have to turn my name tag around when I walk out the door, just so people won't know what I do. (You'd be amazed at how many people think we have something to do with the high cost of health care when all we do is just type reports). Kind of makes me wish I could wear a costume to work -- or a suit of armor.

Hang in there and keep your chin up, okay. And don't let the 'turkeys' get you down.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #1902
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Be angry, would you want to be with someone who thinks there's such thing as "too liberal?"
... Brave New World?
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:07 PM   #1903
Alan

At the TA's office there was a girl studying Shakespeare with a guy. After studying she started convincing him to read the Twilight series.
I banged my head against the desk.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:03 AM   #1904
Still Jack

I swear I'm gonna bang my neighbours head into a hard inanimate object if he pulls this shit on me again. I wanted to drive to school today , so I get up a bit later, have a leisurely breakfast, read the news and listen to some music. Then I go out the front door. Lo and Behold. HE'S PARKED HIS FUCKING CAR OVER OUR DRIVE AGAIN. It's happened 5 times in 10 days. So I went over to get him to move his car ( He's unemployed ). AND THEN THE INCONVENIENCING BASTARD ACTUALLY HAS THE AUDACITY TO COMPLAIN ABOUT ME WAKING HIM UP. Long story short, his car wouldn't start. I ended up having to bump start it. I got to school 20 minutes too late and missed a very important/interesting part of Philosophy. If the muggy bastard does this again, maybe his tires will decide to produce holes, rendering his car wholly unsafe to drive...
Old 10-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #1905
Ben Lahnger

Maybe we can implore the fates to make sure the tires produce these holes that render his car unmovable when it is not parked in front of your drive.

;-}

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #1906
Delkaetre

I am unemployed. I have been since the start of July.
If you're unemployed for six months or more, you count as "long-term unemployed" and it becomes a lot harder for you to get a decent job again.
Nearly two thirds of the way to that marker point and I've only had two interviews in that time.
The JobCentre has decided not to pay my Job Seekers' Allowance, based on my NICS contribution figures from before I had a job, totally ignoring the year that I was employed and was contributing to NICS with every paycheque.

So. No money. No job. No interviews. Winter is coming, and we may not be able to afford decent heating. FFS, I am getting so very sick of this.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:23 PM   #1907
Methadrine

Oh, I see the lovely Delkaetre still graces this forum. How delicious.

Move to Sweden. The longer you're unemployed the better the odds at being placed in a nice workplace with all expenses paid (like insurance etc) due to some actually smart thinking from the government in its battle to lower unemployment.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:03 AM   #1908
SweetJane

I have to go to court tomorrow. I don't want to. I really don't. My car is totalled and it didn't involve anyone else's car and I have to go to court for reckless driving tomorrow. UUUUUGH.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:07 AM   #1909
Still Jack

How the fuck did that happen?
Old 10-21-2009, 12:07 AM   #1910
skoteinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
At the TA's office there was a girl studying Shakespeare with a guy. After studying she started convincing him to read the Twilight series.
I banged my head against the desk.
Why your head and not hers?
Old 10-21-2009, 12:16 AM   #1911
SweetJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
How the fuck did that happen?
I flipped my car off of the road becuase I had a bad reaction after my docter prescribed me Ativan. It happened just before I joined here, but the court date for it is tomorrow.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #1912
Jaye Jang

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoteinh View Post
Why your head and not hers?
I was thinking the same thing. Great minds think alike.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:23 AM   #1913
Jaye Jang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJane View Post
I flipped my car off of the road becuase I had a bad reaction after my docter prescribed me Ativan. It happened just before I joined here, but the court date for it is tomorrow.
Your doctor did explain to you that Ativan is a sedative, and that you should NOT drive with it. If not, I see a lawsuit in the offing. (BTW in my home state you would also be charged with DUI).
Old 10-21-2009, 12:54 AM   #1914
Still Jack

In most states the DUI would be dropped as it's prescribed. Man, the accident thing really sucks. Good luck in court.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:05 AM   #1915
Delkaetre

Methadrine! You've been silent for so long (or just not in the threads I follow) that I thought you'd vanished entirely.

Alas, I should love to move to Sweden... but I do not think I can afford it, and I'd need to learn the native language first, and I don't know how I'd be able to transport all of my stuff through customs without an import official raising an eyebrow at all the fishnet and rope.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 10-21-2009, 09:33 AM   #1916
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre View Post
Methadrine! You've been silent for so long (or just not in the threads I follow) that I thought you'd vanished entirely.

Alas, I should love to move to Sweden... but I do not think I can afford it, and I'd need to learn the native language first, and I don't know how I'd be able to transport all of my stuff through customs without an import official raising an eyebrow at all the fishnet and rope.
Just came back, more or less.

Throw the fishnet at the customs officer, tie them down with the rope and run like hell outside to freedom, and IKEA.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:44 AM   #1917
SweetJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang View Post
Your doctor did explain to you that Ativan is a sedative, and that you should NOT drive with it. If not, I see a lawsuit in the offing. (BTW in my home state you would also be charged with DUI).
Like any other anxiety medication I was told to use caution until I knew how I would react to it, but I didn't pass out, I had the biggest panick attack of my life and lost control of the car. I was lucky they didn't charge me with a DUI here, as well, but I was so frazzled from having rolled twice sown a hill and landing upside down between a bunch of trees that I whent up to the road to meet the cops screaming and when they asked me "how many have you had to drink tonight" I was told them none, which was true, and showed them the pills I had been prescribed. If htey wanted it to be a dui they would have done it by now...

Well I have to go get dressed. My court date is in an hour.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:33 AM   #1918
carakitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine View Post
Throw the fishnet at the customs officer, tie them down with the rope and run like hell outside to freedom, and IKEA.
ROFL! The image of that just made my day!
carakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #1919
skoteinh

Quote:
Well I have to go get dressed. My court date is in an hour.
I hope everything went well.

Please let us know!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #1920
Saya

Quote:
I have to go to court tomorrow. I don't want to. I really don't. My car is totalled and it didn't involve anyone else's car and I have to go to court for reckless driving tomorrow. UUUUUGH.
I'll wait for you!
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #1921
Delkaetre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine View Post
Just came back, more or less.

We have IKEA here now, too. But they don't do online ordering for the stuff I wanted, so I had to buy my nice new furniture from Argos instead... bah.

Also, if I tied down a customs officer I'm fairly sure the local headlines would start making terrible jokes about the officer being tied up in his work or assuming that I was some sort of immigrant Dominatrix, here to make people pay for the chance to suffer.

Though now I consider it, that may not be too bad an idea....
Old 10-21-2009, 11:33 AM   #1922
Jaye Jang

QUOTE=SweetJane;573843]Like any other anxiety medication I was told to use caution until I knew how I would react to it, but I didn't pass out, I had the biggest panick attack of my life and lost control of the car. I was lucky they didn't charge me with a DUI here, as well, but I was so frazzled from having rolled twice sown a hill and landing upside down between a bunch of trees that I whent up to the road to meet the cops screaming and when they asked me "how many have you had to drink tonight" I was told them none, which was true, and showed them the pills I had been prescribed. If htey wanted it to be a dui they would have done it by now...

Well I have to go get dressed. My court date is in an hour.[/quote]

THEN I HOPE YOU GET THIS BEFORE YOU GO TO COURT. Since it seems like your doctor did not PROPERLY warn you about the side effects --which constitutes medical negligence here in my home state-- you have 'extenuating circumstances' you can present to the judge. Unfortunately, it will not help your car or your possible sequela of the accident, i.e. whiplash, etc.; however, it should predispose the court to leniency since you obviously did not know EXACTLY what the effects of the drug would be on you. Since you are obviously not a medical professional it was up to the medical professional (in this case your doctor) to provide you with that information BEFORE you operated a vehicle. Also, since the doctor did not know what the side effects would be you should have been prescribed the Ativan and STRONGLY cautioned NOT to take the medication until you arrived safely at your destination. That's just simple common sense.

I don't know about where you're at, but here a doctor is NOT allowed to prescribe a medication that is even mildly narcotic without ensuring a few things first: 1) That the medication is NOT contraindicated (i.e. the patient has an allergy to it or a medical condition that would prevent prescribing it, or is simply on other medications that would react negatively with it)
2) That the patient is warned about the side effects (the standard caution is: Do NOT take alcohol with this medication, do NOT operate machinery, do NOT drive and do NOT make important decisions after taking this medication).
3) The patient has a way home (i.e a friend/relative to drive them or takes a taxi), if the patient takes the medication anyway.
4) If #3 an appropriate waiting period ensues (usually 30 to 45 minutes) BEFORE the patient is allowed to leave the premises in order to SEE what the side effects will be, and
5) If the patient seems to have a reaction to the medication that 'appropriate measures' are taken (i.e. if the patient becomes sleepy, they are allowed to 'sleep the effects off' somewhere on the premises [doctors are required to provide a place for that here], and if the patient seems to have an allergic reaction, ALL doctors, as far as I know, in ALL states are required to keep an anaphylaxis [allergy] kit on board).

It does not seem to me that your doctor did any of these things, thus, I will reiterate, I see a lawsuit in the offing.

In short, if your doctor simply cautioned you and sent you home, what you have here is a bona fide case of medical negligence. You could have been killed or killed someone else in that accident, and, in either case, THE DOCTOR WOULD BE LIABLE. (It's the same thing that applies if a bartender sends a patron home drunk, and the patron is involved in an accident that kills the patron or somebody else. The bartender is liable for the outcome).

At any rate, I wish you well. Keep us posted. (And, sorry, I started to send this to you last night, but I was fending off a migraine -- which I still have and I have to go to work anyway). Good luck.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:49 AM   #1923
Still Jack

I'm in Karlsruhe, Germany. It's an exorbitantly shit town.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:18 AM   #1924
Joker_in_the_Pack

Fuck, I just read my introduction I made back as Wormboy. GOOD GRIEF I WAS A LITTLE SHIT HEAD.

I've never wanted to beat myself up before :-/
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:45 AM   #1925
SweetJane

Hey, thanks for the advice and support, everyone.

It didn't go badly at all, but I do have to return to court in December.

The police officer who was supposed to testify against me never showed up, and apparently there was no police report filed except the one that said "I had a panick attack" and had a diagram of where my car whent. My lawyer was already set to plead not guilty, and after talking to the prosecutioner, they're not going to charge me with reckless driving, and when I go to court again they're going to charge me with a milder misdemeanor.

The judge also wouldn't preside over the case because he was my catechism teacher, and I found out the accident was in his daughter's back yard haha

I really don't want to take any action against my general practitioner- to be fair, I should have been seeing a shrink for my problems a long time ago. I understand that general practitioners aren't trained to deal with psychelogical issues now, and I should have taken a step back to moniter my behavior when I heard the word "SSRI", because I had similar effects while on lexapro, just not as intense. I mean, I could, but I really wouldn't unless I was being threatened with jail time, which I'm not anymore (thankfully).

Thanks again, guys.