Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-24-2007, 10:56 AM   #101
Haunted House

A guilty pleasure of mine is Michale Graves' Misfits (the 'American Psycho' and 'Famous Monsters' albums). I'll put it on and sing along while playing Xbox because I know most all the words to each song. I keep that on the downlow because you'd get shunned or beat up by big Misfits fans for being open about it. Hahaha.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:02 AM   #102
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
I wanna find a stuffed bat soooooo bad!
I got one for christmas when I was about 5 or 6 and it hardly ever left my side. I also threw a hissy fit when I lost it.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:05 AM   #103
Splintered

Mountain Dew / Energy Drinks.
I supposedly already have high blood pressure because of this (Supposedly. I think it's because the doctor scared the shit out of me, but no....).
Old 06-24-2007, 11:29 AM   #104
Redgauntlet

My guilty pleasure? Watching Ghost Hunters, Mythbusters, and other science channels that have to do with space, UFOs, bigfoot, ghosts, Bermuda Triangle, and miscellaneous weird stuff. I know most of them are bullshit but what the hell?
Redgauntlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:55 AM   #105
kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splintered
Mountain Dew / Energy Drinks.
I supposedly already have high blood pressure because of this (Supposedly. I think it's because the doctor scared the shit out of me, but no....).

I am a complete Mt. Dew Addict as well. It's sooo good. The perfect meal is French Fries, Ranch Dip and Nice cold Mt. Dew.

My doctor told me the same thing about dew. apparently it's one of the soda's with th most sugar and caffeine in it. (I have a caffeine addiction. I literally go through withdrawal, headaches, shaky, mood swings, the whole nine yards, lol)
Old 11-23-2009, 04:46 PM   #106
Xombie

I was going to make a thread like this, but I decided to see if it already existed, and voila.

Coheed and Cambria is a guilty pleasure of mine. :]
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #107
Saya

I fucking love All I Want For Christmas Is You. I don't even hate MCR's cover.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #108
vindicatedxjin

...josh groban...yah yah I know....

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:15 AM   #109
Corpsey

Languages. I don't know if I will ever end up completing my degree, I'm constantly on the look out for a new language. Once I get a grasp of it, I toy with it, get bored after the future tense and start all over again with a new language.

As for truly guilty pleasures, I love Aqua, Dance Dance Revolution and I'm hooked to Anime and played Dragon Ball Z the card game online so much I won a tournament and got to make a card.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:47 AM   #110
Malice In Wonderland

I definitely have to agree with Corpsey on anime...

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:52 AM   #111
Corpsey

Woah, no way. The Hawk made me think otherwise.

Recommendations? I've got a lot of free time to burn at a library where I have all the bandwidth to burn in the world.

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:59 AM   #112
Malice In Wonderland

I am actually hawkless at the moment...

I probably haven't seen to much you won't know.
I'm about to start watching GitS: Stand Alone Complex, I think the last series I watched was all the currently available Hellsing OVAs, which were pretty awesome especially if you enjoyed the series.
Elfen Lied was pretty awesome but I haven't managed to watch the whole thing, and it was kind of kiddy but I loved Full Metal Alchemist.

I'm oddly tempted by the anime Highlander film at the moment too...
It should fill my quote for robots and lasers and hilariously bad storylines that no one cares about.
Any recommendations from you?

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Old 11-24-2009, 04:16 AM   #113
Corpsey

Ergo Proxy. The show's bad-ass. Moments of loose themes, relatively tranquil scenes and then an epic fight scene will start up. Post-apocalyptic but pretty good for modern Animes.

So was Darker than Black, season one. Season two shows some promise.

If you liked the Elfin Lied anime, read the manga. Ten times better.

Serial Experiments Lain is pretty farfetched and poor on the graphics side of things, but it is one of the best written animes I've seen. Amazing considering when it was written.

I'll look into Gits, the anime. You're about the 3rd person to say it's good, so I might as well take the hint.

I lament the double-crested hawk. Nikko Blinko would weep.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:35 AM   #114
Malice In Wonderland

Yeah, I've been meaning to buy Ergo Proxy.
I'm still waiting for the other Hellsing OVAs to come out.
I think they've done fiveish now...
And it's the only anime I like watching dubbed, because of the amazing English accents, so I'm waiting for them to be dubbed as well.

I watched an anime film once called Sky Blue, sort of post apocalyptic anime/CG thingumy, which was absolutely stunning.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:07 AM   #115
solanine

I have a cd of princess music, my boys bought me from Disney along with a tiara and a princess necklace. The cd I play sometimes and I wore the tiara the other day while trying on an bridesmaids dress from when my sister got married.

I cross stitch as well, I can't draw or paint so sewing is my art
solanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:11 AM   #116
Methadrine

For you anime-freaks, look up the Valkyria Chronicles anime. It's ridiculously good, BUT.. it's not released with english subs or voice-overs so one has to understand japanese to truly get it.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:55 AM   #117
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
...josh groban...yah yah I know....
Much as I hate to say it I can sort of get this one. There is something appealing about his slightly bozz eyed self, and he can at least sing.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #118
Solumina

My guilty pleasure is the food network, I get sucked in like my roommate gets suck into WoW, at least I have commercial breaks where I come back to reality and can actually get shit done. I also have a very adverse reaction to Rachael Ray (her mannerisms are just so obnoxious) so if she comes on the tv goes straight off.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #119
Geoluhread

The smell of Kerosene.
Smell of burned matches.
Scratching my head (not that I have any disease, I just find it soothing)
Stupid songs like Lemon Tree.

Oh, Solumina reminded me, Shopping network, mostly cleaning stuff (vacuums, steam cleaning, detergents)
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #120
honeythorn

Burned matches smell amazing.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:46 AM   #121
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
Ergo Proxy. The show's bad-ass. Moments of loose themes, relatively tranquil scenes and then an epic fight scene will start up. Post-apocalyptic but pretty good for modern Animes.

So was Darker than Black, season one. Season two shows some promise.

If you liked the Elfin Lied anime, read the manga. Ten times better.

Serial Experiments Lain is pretty farfetched and poor on the graphics side of things, but it is one of the best written animes I've seen. Amazing considering when it was written.

I'll look into Gits, the anime. You're about the 3rd person to say it's good, so I might as well take the hint.

I lament the double-crested hawk. Nikko Blinko would weep.

Eeeeeeh Ergo Proxy started off good but kinda rambled on like an old man who forgot the ending. and it annoyed me that they *SPOILER* went ALL THE WAY to their destination, with plenty of filler episodes, JUST to learn "oh hey maybe we'll actually find our answers back home!" and tra la la la la back home. That cartoon episode annoyed me too.

I still want someone to watch Mononoke (not the princess), and Corpsey you have to finish the first season of When They Cry you know. You'll be happy you did, I promise. When They Cry was like a Twilight Zone episode, you have no idea what the fuck is going on until the epiphany at the end. And its still the scariest anime I've ever seen.

To keep this related to the thread, I'm totally not ashamed of my love for anime, and I generally consider my taste pretty good, but I'm a sucker for Fruits Basket. I have no idea why, but I love it. I liked Ouran High School Host Club too until it acted more like a shojo than a show making fun of shojo. I also watched Vampire Knight right up until it was all like *SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER* "Hey, we're brother and sister you know. Wanna fuck?"
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:56 AM   #122
Still Jack

Setting fire to stuff.
Driving quite a bit over the speed limit at ridiculous times of night.
Reading books that aren't in the curriculum in class, because I want to know what happens next.
Climbing on to the roof of the apartment complex with frank and getting utterly hammered/stoned, while watching the sunset.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #123
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Eeeeeeh Ergo Proxy started off good but kinda rambled on like an old man who forgot the ending. and it annoyed me that they *SPOILER* went ALL THE WAY to their destination, with plenty of filler episodes, JUST to learn "oh hey maybe we'll actually find our answers back home!" and tra la la la la back home. That cartoon episode annoyed me too.
That was very true, I expected it to end in Mosque. I had a very "meh" moment and then moved on because I wanted to know the end of the story. They weren't terribly coherent as to the actual ending either.

Quote:
I also watched Vampire Knight right up until it was all like *SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER* "Hey, we're brother and sister you know. Wanna fuck?"
What the hell? That's disgusting, even for the Japanese.

Quote:
I still want someone to watch Mononoke (not the princess), and Corpsey you have to finish the first season of When They Cry you know. You'll be happy you did, I promise. When They Cry was like a Twilight Zone episode, you have no idea what the fuck is going on until the epiphany at the end. And its still the scariest anime I've ever seen.
These all say very good things to me. If for some unknown reason I materialise in Canada and we get a chance to sit down and watch something, Monoke will be seen. Tofu and Felafel will be consumed and other tasty beverages will be downed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine
For you anime-freaks, look up the Valkyria Chronicles anime. It's ridiculously good, BUT.. it's not released with english subs or voice-overs so one has to understand japanese to truly get it.
I'll take up the challenge. Sames goes for perfect blue.

By chance, do you speak Japanese, Meth?

Old 11-24-2009, 12:01 PM   #124
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Setting fire to stuff.
Driving quite a bit over the speed limit at ridiculous times of night.
Reading books that aren't in the curriculum in class, because I want to know what happens next.
Climbing on to the roof of the apartment complex with frank and getting utterly hammered/stoned, while watching the sunset.
That last part sounds oddly Romantic. "Hey girl, you and I, drinks, apartment roof, sunset?"

Reading books anywhere just to figure out the damn ending is pretty much fantastic under all circumstances, unless the ending utterly blows.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:25 PM   #125
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Red Bull.
Anime.
The smell of woodsmoke.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote