Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
L'Oiseau Noir

Bubblegum Dance/Happy House...

Okay, this'll probably get me killed on these forums, but I can't help that I'm completely head-over-heels for some Bubblegum Dance/Happy House music. Does anyone else share an interest in this genre? (Probably not, but I thought I'd ask anyway).

Some of my favorite Bubblegum Dance/Happy House groups are: Aqua, Smile.dk, Toy-Box, Tiggy, Me & My (a.k.a SuPer Sisters), Daze, Vengaboys, Cartoons... but those are just to name a few. I'm always open to check out new Happy House/Bubblegum Dance groups if anyone knows of any (Electrosexual, I somehow think this is where you'll come in and name a few groups for me), so if you have any, fire away!

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:48 PM   #2
viscus

The Happy House?
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
Nevan

I try really hard to appreciate all sorts of music, honestly I do, but this stuff...

*1 x Diary of Dreams cd + 1 x cd player = bliss*

Alas! Must it ever be so?
Do we stand in our own light, wherever we go,
And fight our own shadows forever?
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Nevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:13 AM   #4
L'Oiseau Noir

Yeah, I figured no one would. Bleh, oh well. I tried.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

Old 12-06-2007, 07:18 AM   #5
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
Ah, Siouxsie and the Banshees. I actually have this song on my Myspace playlist, but that's not what I made this thread about... honestly I'm getting tired of hearing about Gothic bands. No offense--I don't mean to start a fire. It's just that's all everyone (for the most part) seems to listen to here (yes I'm aware this is a "Gothic" forum, but still), and I wanted to look for a bit of variety outside the Gothic/Symphonic Rock/Futurepop/all related genres spectrum.

Forgive me if this all sounds along the "mean" lines, I don't mean to offend anyone's musical tastes because I like Siouxsie, Bauhaus, and all of those bands as much as the next person. It just gets a bit tiring after having heard and discussed them about a hundred times over.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:58 AM   #6
viscus

Sorry, you said happy house. I couldn't resist.

Back to topic: with the exception of some EBM, dance music really isn't my thing.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:05 AM   #7
Methadrine

Bubblegum Dance... Am I the only one that associate that as a paradox? Or is it a way to get people to stick to the dancefloor?

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:14 AM   #8
Delkaetre

Is this like the same way that the Birthday Massacre are 'Bubblegum Metal'?
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:15 AM   #9
Draconysius

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
Forgive me if this all sounds along the "mean" lines, I don't mean to offend anyone's musical tastes because I like Siouxsie, Bauhaus, and all of those bands as much as the next person. It just gets a bit tiring after having heard and discussed them about a hundred times over.
You, my friend, just had your goth license revoked.
Ooh, perhaps VnV Nation belongs in this category? >:}
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:17 AM   #10
Delkaetre

Just found something linked by DJ Sister Carrion which is probably that kind of thing...
It seems to be a dance track, very fast and perky, about vampires. It even has an accompanying cartoon. Lyrics about how she left her garlic at home and is walking in the city alone at night, whatever is she to do?
*goes off to find video*
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:27 PM   #11
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
You, my friend, just had your goth license revoked.
Ooh, perhaps VnV Nation belongs in this category? >:}

Oh well, I'll live. I'll just have to renew it once my suspension period is up.

I can't help how bluntly I say things that are on my mind.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:14 AM   #12
happyboy

Happy House Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir View Post
Okay, this'll probably get me killed on these forums, but I can't help that I'm completely head-over-heels for some Bubblegum Dance/Happy House music. Does anyone else share an interest in this genre? (Probably not, but I thought I'd ask anyway).

Some of my favorite Bubblegum Dance/Happy House groups are: Aqua, Smile.dk, Toy-Box, Tiggy, Me & My (a.k.a SuPer Sisters), Daze, Vengaboys, Cartoons... but those are just to name a few. I'm always open to check out new Happy House/Bubblegum Dance groups if anyone knows of any (Electrosexual, I somehow think this is where you'll come in and name a few groups for me), so if you have any, fire away!

Hi!! my name is Happyboy, I invite you to spend at my forum and you can download albums from here.

and really, I have still a lot of material, but with people like you I can acer Creser my forum.

please come here!

http://thehappyhouse.foroactivo.mx
happyboy is offline   Reply With Quote