Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-31-2008, 12:00 AM   #1751
Jaye Jang

Yesterday, made an awesome Jack-o-lantern at the office, fed my coworkers loads of chocolate, and watched them get all giddy when their blood sugars went out-of-whack. Learned: Chocolate can be used as a weapon.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:40 AM   #1752
Beowulf

Played on my guitars wrote a cool lead melody which I`m really happy with, its a Jazz inspired melody !!!. Also watched Lewis Hamilton become the youngest formula 1 champion ever (I love motor racing) by a whisker !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:11 PM   #1753
Nexus-6

It's a public holiday today so I've spent most of my day surfing the net & playing bass.
Nexus-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #1754
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Sat in front of the computer trying to write fiction, and surfed and sipped cafe mochas instead, then sat in the recliner and watched football whilst munching Concorde grapes and walnuts, then cleaned the leather seats of my car...my life is just crap when my grandson isn't around. (sigh) I just couldn't bring myself to do anything productive today. Couldn't write, didn't do any chores, just fell in free fall all day. And tomorrow another work week begins. (sigh)

(goes and tinkers with old vacuum tube radios...)

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:20 AM   #1755
jack_the_knife

I spent most of the night on the internet and then helped my sister weld a new floor panel in her XJ6, those cars are true rustbuckets.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:50 AM   #1756
† Cado Angelus †

I got up, Cooked myself bacon and eggs. Then watched "The godfather" 1.2.3 and when all that was finished i just started roaming around on the interwebs and found myself here xP.
† Cado Angelus † is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:06 AM   #1757
LiUsAiDh

I've just come back from Portugal, and now have flu. *sneeze*

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:36 PM   #1758
Haunted House

I duct-taped a hole in the crotch of my jeans shut today. Didn't feel like sewing it.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:41 PM   #1759
† Cado Angelus †

woke up at 3pm... Had dinner, Listened to nearly all of eva cassidy's songs then i came on here.
† Cado Angelus † is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:22 PM   #1760
Solumina

I bought a really awesome navy blue blazer with white lace for $20
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:33 PM   #1761
Duane

I worked, it was fun.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:00 PM   #1762
tekajo

Went to see my younger brother in prison today. It was our yearly contact visit so it was mom, little sister, baby brother, and me there to see him.

i fucking hate driving away knowing my lil' bro's staying behind.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:26 PM   #1763
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
My neighbor knocked on my door and said "Do you know you have a beehive in your front yard?"

I look at the weeping fig in front of my living room window and there sure as shit is a great big hanging down thingy of a mass of BEES! All clumped together, and not buzzing, like they are hibernating or something.

So it's a hundred bucks to have the exterminators take 'em out, and I don't want them killed (after all they pollinate my orange trees! And my avocado but it died last year), so I manage to convince the wifey to help me out.

So I finally get to use my GAS MASK! I put it on, put a plastic bag over my long hair head and neck, put a scarf around my neck, put on long sleeve shirt and thick gloves, jeans and boots, pop open the trunk of my car, and get a big garbage bag and the branch clippers.

The wife shines the flashlight on the branch and I cut it until the branch swings down from the weight of the bees and is about to fall off, then I give the clippers to my wife and get the bag around the clump of bees. Still no buzzing! (Kids: please don't try this at home!)

She cuts the branch the rest of the way and I quickly wrap the bees up in the bag and dash to the car, thrown them in the trunk and slam it shut, and drive 2 miles up into the hills to an orange grove. I pop the trunk, and throw the bag, bees and all into the orange grove and run like hell!

Jump back in the car, close the door and listen: no buzzing. I take off my gas mask, take off my gloves and start driving then BZZZZZ! A freakin stowaway is buzzing by my ear! #!@+& ! I race back down the road at 60 and open the sunroof and all windows and blow the sucker out, but before I pull up to my house have to roll them back shut again in case some were left behind.

The wife is still there with the flash light because guess what? I left half of them on another freakin' branch!

We do the process again, another bag, cut another branch and another dash to the trunk. Some are left on the ground, but surprisingly still docile! Only a bee here and there buzzing, no swarming defense, no killer bee attack, just...dozing bees. WEIRD!

I take the second cargo to where I dumped the first and run like hell again.

Whew! Now just a few bees buzzing around and I saved a hundred bucks!

OH and not one sting on me or my wife!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:12 AM   #1764
HellforgedX

^Sounds like you got an affinity with'em or something, or an X-TREME!!! case of good luck!
Old 11-10-2008, 09:28 AM   #1765
Beowulf

Smile

Today, I finished another piece of art and I`am really happy with it, and I almost have enough for a decent sized portfolio, which I hope to put up on the internet one day, along with bits of my short films !!!.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:38 AM   #1766
Geoluhread

I went to the university, took my lectures, kicked ass in my Biology lab and came home tired
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:18 AM   #1767
Le0

slept all day like turtles(it means that i dreamt )...and finally i gave up and went to the doctor before a little bit...and now im drinking * hot water with lemon * as Geo told me ..
Le0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #1768
Solumina

I took my friend Cate out to dinner in celebration of the fact that she just got hired for her first "real" job (she is going to be teaching at a private school in Williamsburg)
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:24 PM   #1769
pixy_dust

I'm oil painting today.
pixy_dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #1770
HellforgedX

I woke up this morning. I didn't expect to, so the rest of the day was a bonus. Woo-hoo!
Old 11-10-2008, 11:05 PM   #1771
pixy_dust

^ Lawll
is that reversed optimsm?
pixy_dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:00 AM   #1772
Beowulf

Played on my X-Box for a bit, did some artwork and downloaded some really cool brushes for photoshop from this really cool website !!!.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:57 AM   #1773
Cousin_Itt

I watched a fist fight break out whilst in a store at lunchtime. What a piss poor display of punching prowess. The guy doing all the punching had the punching power of a toddler ~ so pathetic
Cousin_Itt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:05 AM   #1774
gingerbreadwench

Woke up, nursed my hangover, went to Whole Foods, came home, ate dinner, did homework with my roommate, went over to The Boy's apartment, watched Shaun of the Dead.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:05 AM   #1775
Ryaken

Had a shit day at school, had to watch a drama production on not drink driving, I swear the actors were in their 30's and trying to be only a little older than me. I got mocked alot for my electric blue arm warmers (But I guess they were once rugby socks) And my black nails, I even got called scene because "Only emos and scene kids paint their nails" I'm currently pissed off with my dad, have a major headache from nail varnish remover because if he sees me with painted nails, arm warmers, or ANYTHING that's too 'Gay' or effeminate...
Ryaken is offline   Reply With Quote