Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 11-09-2007, 04:47 PM   #26
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I fear vomit. I can't deal with it. My friend puked all over the bathroom floor once and I was a sobbing, shaking mess... And I couldn't use the bathroom for 3 days without hyperventilating.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:12 AM   #27
silverbaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelleDameSansMerci
I fear vomit. I can't deal with it. My friend puked all over the bathroom floor once and I was a sobbing, shaking mess... And I couldn't use the bathroom for 3 days without hyperventilating.
I just noticed the origin of your username. I was going to use the Lamia in an "ancient horror" movie I had planned a long time ago. La Belle Dame Sans Merci was going to be an alternate title, lol.

Anyways...I guess my biggest fears are: poisonous animals, dogs- I love animals, esp. dogs, but getting bitten and continously ravaged by a dog with no one around to help, or no one able to do anything, is a big fear of mine.

Also, just not being able to live life to the fullest or not really having a way to show people that I existed. Not contributing anything to society and human history. Not being accomplished or having anything to call my own. Maybe that shouldn't be so important but it kinda is to me. I dunno. Just not having control...Just being a total and utter waste of flesh.

Dying...

Living...
silverbaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:14 AM   #28
korinna5555

making an ass of myself because I didn't read the rules for a game........

:blush:
Old 11-10-2007, 03:08 PM   #29
Chazz

Me.. Arachnophobia.. I find spiders scary as..

They are some of the most weirdest thing on this earth and they look fucking weird..

I will literally leave the room..
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 03:28 PM   #30
korinna5555

My brother is the same way, Chazz. He used to run into my room SCREAMING in the middle of the night because there was a jumping spider on the wall. (jumping spiders are TINY) So I would go over to his room and take the spider back to my room. I love 'em..
Old 11-11-2007, 02:52 PM   #31
Chazz

ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
My brother is the same way, Chazz. He used to run into my room SCREAMING in the middle of the night because there was a jumping spider on the wall. (jumping spiders are TINY) So I would go over to his room and take the spider back to my room. I love 'em..
Ye I used to scream when I saw them, but the ones you get here are about 2-4 inches long and are like baby terantulas.

I don't mind small ones though.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:44 PM   #32
Green.Lady

Hmm... I'm nervous about staircases, as crazy as it sounds. I can still use them, of course, but thinking about them freaks me out.
Deliver me a paper
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:05 PM   #33
DeathToLems

Reading other members replies made me think about things I thought wernt a big deal....but now I think about it .....*shakes*

My main biggest fear has always been wasps, bees and any other flying insect apart from butterflies and dragonflies (although I'll still freak out if a dragonfly flew at me)

I Have a fear of my hair being cut short or burnt by stupid people in crowds with lighters or cigarettes (last night I had a dream that I cut my hair really short with garden scissors, I nearly cried, and my hair was also bleach blond white too Oo)

I have a fear of alien eyes. I can't look at a picture or watch a film with aliens with the big black eyes. It makes my heart rate go really fast and I get that rush of fear in my head. Ti's a crazy feeling.

Recurring dreams of planes Spinning and tumbling in the sky and coming in my direction and almost crashing on me.
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:08 PM   #34
kimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green.Lady
Hmm... I'm nervous about staircases, as crazy as it sounds. I can still use them, of course, but thinking about them freaks me out.
Me too, especially when my best friend fell down a staircase and broke his arms. And for some reason,I'm afraid that the second floor of my house will collapse because of all the furniture we have...
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:41 PM   #35
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathToLems

I have a fear of alien eyes. I can't look at a picture or watch a film with aliens with the big black eyes. It makes my heart rate go really fast and I get that rush of fear in my head. Ti's a crazy feeling.
Yes yes yes. Ugh, it's terrifying.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:02 PM   #36
le_revenant

I don't know the scientific name but how 'bout "fear of being stuck in an elevator"?
I have some social phobias but nothing compares to the queasiness I get whilst riding an elevator (particularly the bastard ones at my work!)
le_revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:03 AM   #37
PersephoneX

I am shit scared of being alone, and old. Its bad enough that reaching the end of your life comes so creully. But just the thought of forgetting my name and having no one around me to go through it with...its awful.

I also HATE heights.
I cant swim and consequently am scared of being in water i cant stand in.
I am scared of horses, they bite.
I am afraid of using public toilets. I'd rather get a bladder infection from holding, than get hepititis and die.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:32 AM   #38
Cicero

I don't really 'fear' anything.

Perhaps decrepit old age and the death of my loved ones.

Other than that... I don't know, nothing really comes to mind.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:35 AM   #39
StasisInDarkness

I'm terrified of, in no particular order:

1. turning into my mother
2. being abandoned
3. spiders (like the really big, hairy kind)
4. getting fat
5. getting old
6. illness (specifically age-related dementia)
7. hurting those that I love (intentionally or accidentally)

No wonder I'm such an anxious person! Mreh.
StasisInDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:40 AM   #40
Cicero

No wait! I just thought of something:

FLESH EATING BACTERIA.

More specifically: Losing my face to flesh eating bacteria. I've actually been convinced they were eating my face before. Turned out to be sinus pains >_>

Old 11-12-2007, 06:12 AM   #41
ForgetThisLostLenore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero

FLESH EATING BACTERIA.

More specifically: Losing my face to flesh eating bacteria. I've actually been convinced they were eating my face before. Turned out to be sinus pains >_>
It's definitely no fun when the teachers at school are freaking out royally over Staph, which apparently can turn into one hell of a bad flesh eating problem if not treated. We've also got a Mono outbreak.
ForgetThisLostLenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:23 AM   #42
PersephoneX

I know someone who lost parts of his arm tissue because of an infection that got hardcore in the space of a few days. His doctors said that it could have killed him if they hadnt removed the parts that were bad. Its serious, and it happens, easier than most people think.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:22 AM   #43
Opteron_Man

i greatly fear maggots. i would rather gargle battery acid then to bare touching a pile of maggots. yuk!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:16 AM   #44
silverbaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green.Lady
Me too. I'm always afraid i'll lose my footing and fall somehow.
silverbaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:20 AM   #45
kimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero

FLESH EATING BACTERIA.

God, Flesh eating bacteria is no picnic. I've had it in my ankle, it was terrible the doctors almost had to amputate my foot...My ankle is abit weak but I still have it. I had to stay a week in the hospital and I had a fever the whole time. I started getting symptoms on christmas eve so I didn't get to open any of my gifts...And the anti biotics tasted terrible.
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:49 AM   #46
Delkaetre

My fears are many and varied. I'm due to see someone about them, particularly about the way they come and go and occasionally strike heavily enough to leave me unable to work. Blasted mental health issues. Oddly, my fears are social in nature- of situations involving personality and people, not items or specific things (eg the sea, dogs, high places, mineshafts are all completely fine for me)
examples
-dishonesty from friends. I have a constant fear that those I consider to be my friends are kind only to my face and then when I am not there, openly consider me to be pretentious, childish, impatient, ugly, stupid, or otherwise socially inept. I keep this one well tamped-down
-Failure. I do a lot of things, and put a lot of myself into them. If I fail at something, I feel as if I have failed as a human and that others will always remember my failures.

And occasionally I just irrational bouts of terror which cause me to spend all day tucked in my blankets in bed, whimpering and wishing I was sane.

I'm getting very good at controlling these myself, and do so by assuring myself that everyone else is just as bad as me- they've just had more practice hiding it. /Everyone/ breaks down when they're alone, it's not just me. /Everyone/ has quiet little metaphorical demons nagging away on their shoulder.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:57 AM   #47
korinna5555

HOSPITALS.

I have panic attacks in hospitals.. I also don't like modern medicine much.. I prefer herbalism. But hospitals.. GAHH.. That is why I am having my babies at home. Definitely..
I can't STAND hospitals.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:49 PM   #48
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimaru
God, Flesh eating bacteria is no picnic. I've had it in my ankle, it was terrible the doctors almost had to amputate my foot...My ankle is abit weak but I still have it. I had to stay a week in the hospital and I had a fever the whole time. I started getting symptoms on christmas eve so I didn't get to open any of my gifts...And the anti biotics tasted terrible.
THIS is why it terrifies me... It's so absolutely nightmarish and yet it really does happen. *shivers*

I'm glad you managed to keep your foot!

Old 11-12-2007, 04:20 PM   #49
Chazz

Another couple fears of mine.

Yet again becoming obese, I worked really hard...

Falling down an escalator staircase again, I was trying to get my bro off before he got hurt but I did instead.

I had cuts and bruses everywhere. A lot of blood and the first thing my dad did was hit me...

Another shitty day that was
Old 11-14-2007, 01:40 PM   #50
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
Quote:
Originally Posted by StasisInDarkness
I'm terrified of, in no particular order:

1. turning into my mother
If that happened to me, I would kill myself the first chance I got.
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote