Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 03-30-2006, 04:09 PM   #1
Sobeh

'Z' is for zealousness, kidz!

This is the first thread I've ever started apart from the Introduction one, so I hope you all find this link as fascinating as I did. Not that it's truly News, in that sense, but I find it News-worthy to note that this particular Christian outreach group is packaging their message in this particular way, to kids no less.

Lambuel

Some key points of their message, for those who want to know if following the link is their cuppa:

"Hey, Habu...How many gods do you have? Habu says: 'I don't know... I lost count!' Wouldn't you rather have just one God who loves you a bunch than a bunch of gods that don't love you at all?"

"If you find an Atheist in your neighborhood, TELL A PARENT OR PASTOR RIGHT AWAY! Atheists are often very grumpy and bitter and will lash out at children or they may even try to trick you into neglecting God's Word."

The issue is that this is authentic Witnessing to these folks, and that this kind of propoganda is seen as acceptable teaching material. Any thoughts?
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
Snugglekeeg

"Yay, Jesus loves me"

The sad thing is that Im pretty sure this site is being quite serious. And dont forget to check out the "fanart" section.
Snugglekeeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:37 PM   #3
Saya

I think thats the scariest website I've ever been to.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:53 PM   #4
Icarian Decoding

Well, it's a cool site, I will admit that. I like the graphics and stuff, and how it's almost blatant propoganda. But then again, I like reading propoganda.

I believe that if the parents want to teach their childrens this material as fact, it should be their right. Just leave me out of it.

If heaven is like going to church, does that mean hell is where the party's at?
Icarian Decoding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:56 PM   #5
Sobeh

Make sure, when you dress Lambuel, you have your speakers on: I put him in the angel suit, and he gave this whiny little 'hallelujah'. I then put him in the monkey suit, and he whined 'you can't make a monkey out of me'. Haha! But I just did, Lambuel! NOW EAT YOUR DAMNED BANANA!!!

::sigh::

I worry.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:58 PM   #6
maggot

I liked the creation scientist.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:01 PM   #7
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarian Decoding
Well, it's a cool site, I will admit that. I like the graphics and stuff, and how it's almost blatant propoganda. But then again, I like reading propoganda.

I believe that if the parents want to teach their childrens this material as fact, it should be their right. Just leave me out of it.

If heaven is like going to church, does that mean hell is where the party's at?
I dunno, while they should have every right to raise them in their faith, I think teaching kids that atheists are mean people and people of other faiths aren't saved, well, thats bigotry and it may cheat the kids out of having relationships with some wonderful people.

I dressed Lambuel in the Holy Armour Of God! And isn't it kinda wrong that his girlfriend is a lion? I mean, won't she eat him? And he's a lamb, he's too young to get married! Just what are they teaching these kids?!
Old 03-30-2006, 05:04 PM   #8
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
And isn't it kinda wrong that his girlfriend is a lion?
Nope! Because in the end, the lamb will lie down with the lion, remember? This just makes sure that we understand that after the final judgement, Lambuel gets laid. But not before, by cracky! That's just temptation! Durned horny kids these days...
Old 03-30-2006, 05:08 PM   #9
Icarian Decoding

The Holy Armor of God?
To do what? Fight another crusade?

"Hey Kids! Let's go whack some unbelievers!".

You know, if there is a cracker out there, who doesn't have any need for life, and is contemplating doing something illegal, well, not to imply that you should, but *Hint Hint*, if you were going to do something...
Old 03-30-2006, 05:14 PM   #10
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobeh
Nope! Because in the end, the lamb will lie down with the lion, remember? This just makes sure that we understand that after the final judgement, Lambuel gets laid. But not before, by cracky! That's just temptation! Durned horny kids these days...
Of course! I forgot that in the last of days, the lions will mate with the lambs! Biology has taught me different, but now I see the light!

A little tidbit for thought, in our local Pentecost church, they say that premarital sex is as bad as murder. My cousin goes to that church, she's ten, and her mom thinks she's a bit of a rebel for listening to Avril Lavigne. Needless to say, I scare my cousin's family. My aunt thinks I'm a lesbian because I haven't had a boyfriend yet ^_^ Girls in that church marry very early.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:21 PM   #11
Vorsuc

You know, I don't know what makes me want to facepalm more, yet another mindless "christians suck ass" humourous "satirical" website, or the fact some people seem to think it is a legitimate platform upon which to continue the age old, done to death, christian bashing.

"Terrorist organisation YTMND", "Dinosaurs aren't extinct they still exist"

Here's a hint, it's a piss-take, but seriously don't let that stop the biggoted commentary.

Yeah, you know, some Christians are jerks, real judgemental assholes who use their personal beliefs as the self-righteous wand of finger pointing to go around mocking and insulting those who don't agree.

It isn't fucking news and certainly 'aint a new discovery.

You know, some Muslims act the same as do some Jews, some Aethists and clearly some idiots here.

There's better ways of undermining religion for the happy horseshit it is, such tactics really aren't necessary or becoming of normally intelligent people.

Yes, I'm bitching, but you can all bite my shiney metal ass.
Vorsuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:23 PM   #12
peeves

I think it's great for people to have religion, but this seems more of a brain washing mechanism in my opinion. The scientist made me laugh though.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:26 PM   #13
Jane13

... that site is... quite creepy 0.o

It reminds me of "Billy Grahm's Bible Blaster" on The Simpson's.

"Got 'im!"
"Naw, ya just winged him and made him a Unitarian."
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:34 PM   #14
Saya

"And Harry Potter and his friends went straight to hell for practicing witchcraft."
"Yay!!!"
Old 03-30-2006, 07:55 PM   #15
Circle V

I've been emotionally scarred by that website. Thanks a lot.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:11 PM   #16
Circle V

http://objectiveministries.org/babyj/

Have you visited this part yet? Make sure that your speakers are on...
Old 03-31-2006, 10:35 PM   #17
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsuc
You know, I don't know what makes me want to facepalm more, <etc etc>
Well, here's the thing. First of all, I was motivated by something approaching genuine concern only because the site did resemble others which are authentic, but more to the point had the angle of being for children, and since the preliminary links I followed seemed genuine, well... there you are. Turns out it is a spoof, and okay, that makes me mighty embarrassed.

I guess I'm shamed a bit, but part of me wants to get up in your shit for the way you presented your response. I can understand getting bitchy, but assuming I'm out to bash Christians was a faux pas on your part. Adults can do whatever the hell they want, but doing it to little people who haven't been around long enough to get their shields up irks me more than a little. If anything, it seems I'm really the only person who took the damned thing seriously for any length of time, so this reference to 'bigoted commentary' eludes me. Seemed more laughing was done at the humor, than commentary made against the religion.

At any rate, I've made my apology.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:56 PM   #18
bunnicula

No way anyone here thinks that site is serious, right? That has to be a joke. It reminds me of this: Landover Baptist
bunnicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:01 PM   #19
Icarian Decoding

It's a parody.

YTMNDoesntunderstand.ytmnd.com
Old 04-01-2006, 12:28 AM   #20
ExistentialDisorder

The site might be a parody, but the sad thing is that they really do teach crap like this to little kids. when my niece and nephew were younger they would bring home "informative" coloring books filled with all these little "facts", which they usually got from their baby sitter who always had some church function going on for the kids. not to mention their mother still doesn't believe dinosaurs ever existed, but that it's a hoax created by scientists to make people believe in evolution. and she was never even very religious.

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you wanted to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself [or]
Find yourself afraid to see?..." -NIN
ExistentialDisorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:06 PM   #21
Teh_Emi

"....'cause Jesus wants us to be hot for Him...."

So many comments. So little time. -gigglefit-

O_O OH CRAP. Run your mouse over the lamb head. It... ;_; It scaaaarreeddd meeee...

Yeah, sad that this is actually how some people feel. -sighs-
Teh_Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:01 PM   #22
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsuc
Yes, I'm bitching, but you can all bite my shiney metal ass.
0o0o0o0o0o0o0....Shineeeeeee...

*BITE*

Needs some CLR!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:21 AM   #23
roserougesang

The websites remind me of something Tod and Rod Flanders (from the Simpsons) would look up on the internet ^^
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote