Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-10-2015, 05:42 PM   #8651
ape descendant

Oh, she knows, they both know. :/ I just have to figure out how to cope and be decent.

How'd the talk go?

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:42 AM   #8652
BourbonBoy

It went well. We figured we weren't spending as much time together as we should so we're going to make the best of it since I have night classes and she works during the day.

Well, at least they know the situation. Hopefully things can be civil.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 03:25 PM   #8653
ape descendant

Yeah, I'm working on it. Both bf and wifey called me out on my 'tude, so at least I know what I need to work on.

You two will get to have more time eventually, schedules change, classes end. I hope things work out a little better soon.

Be Kind
Old 03-18-2015, 08:03 PM   #8654
BourbonBoy

Thanks Ape! I'm sure they will.

*hugs*
Old 04-03-2015, 04:24 PM   #8655
Acharis

Rarrr... I'm changing a lot through talking to people, and am realising I used to hold opinions that made me a dick.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:00 PM   #8656
amy1441

rant? wow!
amy1441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:48 AM   #8657
Lady_Ligeia

I feel like this is one of the only places where most people will sympathize with how I feel and what I'm seeing.

People aren't really reacting to #BlackLivesMatter and police brutality with much sympathy. It's not like it's genocide or anything, right?

*crickets of doom*

Except it is. It's been going on for so long and a lot of people I know in the Punk subculture have been in the know about this for a LONG time. So have a lot of people in the Gothic subculture. Like so many other parts of the United States, Baltimore has always had a problem with this and I am so sad to see that people don't get how awful it is to dismiss the reality of racism like that. Whenever I get pissed about that fact and the racist stuff (humor included) going around, people act like I'm the enemy for calling them racist and getting "sensitive" about it.

Our culture is made up of individuals who perpetuate racism through attitudes and behaviors like that. How on Earth do people not understand how they, a single individual, contribute to this system? It's horrid.

Anyone with that #WhiteLivesMatter tag... Why are you offended by people sticking up for black people after years of abuse and injustice? You should be doing the same.

Last edited by Lady_Ligeia; 05-10-2015 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Elaboration...
Lady_Ligeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:14 AM   #8658
Saya

Oh god, yes. "Hey I know ya'll are really upset by police brutality, but what about ME and MY feelings?"
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:24 PM   #8659
ape descendant

But..but it will go away if we don't talk about it, right? right? I mean, I'm colorblind anyway... /s

Be Kind
Old 05-13-2015, 08:17 PM   #8660
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
But..but it will go away if we don't talk about it, right? right? I mean, I'm colorblind anyway... /s
... you could always stick your head in the sand my dearest.... that way when it comes around, it will easily be able to bite you in the butt....

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:23 AM   #8661
Acharis

I'm kind of relieved that I didn't see any of my friends piping up to say 'what about the white lives', because that is rank.

I was going to try and say something more insightful or helpful but I just... ugh. I don't know a lot about it because I'm overseas, but the clashes seem to both been caused by and used to justify racially motivated violence by white cops. Like a vicious cycle of racism.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:52 PM   #8662
$haDe

My usual reaction when people try to pull the "All lives matter" or "WhiteLivesMatter" or "White is also a colour",

is "I'm all for ideal equality for all races but I'm going to tell you to go fuck yourself and here's why"

..followed by something along the lines of "Was white a colour when black people were getting lynched and had to sit on certain side of the bus and used designated CLEARLY discriminated public services ?? Now you want to be fucking included when they're finally receiving the same rights you've had for decades ?"

Don't even get me started on these Confederate flag bullshits
Old 07-16-2015, 04:05 PM   #8663
Saya

Soooooo I found out a few weeks ago that a friend of mine is a serial rapist. And that a lot of people knew he was at least a creep but no one let me know.

I was really really angry when I found out, I've been alone with this guy a lot and he presented himself as a feminist ally and just a really great person. I'm pissed at myself for not trusting my gut when he acted a little weird or would blow up my phone begging to hang out. I have been feeling better lately, but last night I had a nightmare that I ran into him and he had me alone and cornered, and I just woke up today upset all over again.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:46 AM   #8664
Acharis

I'm sorry Saya. This is actually more common than people realise, and when you try to talk to anybody about it you're met by a wall of defensiveness.

Take comfort that your gut knew what was up, and knowing you can trust it is just going to become make you more tuned to spot danger.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:46 PM   #8665
Saya

Thanks. My issue typically is though that I have social anxiety disorder and it's hard for me to tell when my gut is right and when I'm just being paranoid and assuming the worst in people, you know? Like where I live now I just kind of assume all my neighbours hate me, somehow. He was my neighbour back home and I felt so proud and grown up that I was making friends with neighbours and not hiding in the house grumbling about the loud music.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:28 AM   #8666
Acharis

I know that one really well.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:24 PM   #8667
Fruitbat

My sister had a mastectomy and is having radiation after a bout of chemo earlier this year. 10% chance of cancer returning... Might have to buy myself a bucket-o-tears.

Live life every single day. Live with love in your heart, because it's the only emotion worth hanging onto.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:23 AM   #8668
BourbonBoy

Found out one of my uncles gets touchy feely with little girls. I discovered this while watching the news and it turns out he was messing with my preteen cousin. He's already been arrested and waiting on trial. The police advised everyone not to load any firearms or think of harming him at the courthouse when the trial starts but it is so fucking tempting.

*hugs* Batty. Hope your sister gets through it as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:02 PM   #8669
Acharis

It would be hard for things to suck worse than things do for me at the moment, but I think you guys have topped it.

*hugs Batty and BB*
Old 07-22-2015, 07:33 PM   #8670
Fruitbat

Thanks Acharis and BB.

She's a tough old gal. Fractured some vertebra in her spine about three years ago, had to go into a brace for about 6mths. Just got her clearance to come out to Oz, then found out she had breast cancer.

Hopefully, she'll be better by next year, and I'll pay for her and her hubby to fly out. Yeah, it's going to take all my savings, putting my dream of a tiny house on hold (again) but she's my sister, and I'm a dumb sentimental fucker who puts family above all else.

My rant is that I drive 15 hours one way to see my brother and nieces... they can't be assed to drive 2 hours to see me. My excuse was I did the drive on my own with babybat, I had a rather bad cold and had to save my energy for the drive home... Oh and driving in Australia isn't like driving elsewhere. It's hundreds of kilometres with nothing. Google Hay plain images.. then you'll see what I'm talking about.

Plus you have to be alert to wildlife on the road. Kangaroos, foxes, emus, cows, sheep, womats, echidnas, dogs, cats, bunnies, horses... yeah, it's a bucket of laughs...
Here's a link with general images of the Hay area.

http://screencentral.com.au/hay-plains-hay/547/

Old 07-25-2015, 11:11 AM   #8671
Acharis

That sounds awful. Kind of like Desert Bus but you can't just nope and escape to menu. 0/10 Do not want
Old 07-27-2015, 07:04 PM   #8672
Fruitbat

It's okay.. I was quite surprised by the number of women who thought I was brave driving that far without a man.... Not exactly sure what they thought was going to happen to me or why a man would make any difference.

Really wish people wouldn't say stuff like that... Brave is running into a house fire to rescue someone.

Cold has turned into a sinus infection... of course there's no sympathy on the homefront... no rest, or allowances made.. fuck I'm over this shite

Old 07-29-2015, 01:18 AM   #8673
Acharis

Probably thought that some guy would try to attack you, and the presence of another man might deter them. I dunno.

I'm grumpy and cold. There's a list of things I want to do, but I never have the energy after doing the things I have to do. If I even get that far -_- There needs to be two of me to live in shifts please.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:07 PM   #8674
Fruitbat

Acharis - yeah, most likely, friggin' stonage attitude though. Next it will be I need to take a dog/knife/gun/rocket laucher/nuclear warhead - just escalates shit like that.

Am grumpy today. Cold. Tired. And really sick of putting up with fucking men, well one in particular. FUCK!!!!!

Old 08-04-2015, 04:24 PM   #8675
shadowynne

Oh... my.. frikkin.. gods... you are still the most disappointing un-gothic, common, kine whores you have always been. God's dammit I am going to name another ulcer after you worthless bastards... well... maybe not all of you, of course I love every last one of you, except for that worthless failure of a babygirl...
shadowynne is offline   Reply With Quote