Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:32 PM   #26
KontanKarite

On a scale of 1-10 how well off do you rate yourself? (money)
1- very poor 10- very well off

Do you have a religion you feel closest to?

Simply being spiritual/mystic Other than that, I tend to use logic most of the time

What is your most valuable possession? Why?

My body and spirit. Without them, I don't exist.

What possession in your opinions represents/ identifies you the most?

Eh... Nothing in particular, really.

Would you say you are comfortable and confident in your environment doing everyday stuff based on your identity (i.e goth culture, eg. wearing clothes that identify you to your identity without caring whether people are critical of you/ or their opinions)

I'm perfectly comfortable in my own skin.

What kind of things consume your spare time?

Reading, writing, day dreaming

Do you dress similar to your friends? Family? Affiliations?

No.

Do you have any stereotype you feel you are drawn to?

Nope.

Does the season/ environment affect your day to day clothing choice? (e.g Type of clothes you wear, feelings you have, things you want/ don't want to do, etc)

If it's hot, then I dress light. If it's cold, I dress heavy.

In your opinion, do you think your personality is one that stands out in the crowd? Does it blend in? Or do you prefer not be noticed at all? Please provide reasons?

Honestly, I'm a mix between a snob and a very down to earth kind of guy. It all depends on the impressions I get on people. If I want you to know me, I'll be standing out.

What is the state of your bedroom right now?

Very clean.

How well do you get along with your parents?

Splendidly, save for my father and I. We have our differences. But it's nothing that can't be dealt with.

Are you a music person? What genres do you feel yourself drawn to?

I am a musical kind of person. I'm drawn to post punk, new wave, old industrial, goth rock, and anything that isn't typically played on the radio or has a huge production budget behind it.

If you believe you have a soul, does it affect your clothing style?

Honestly, that's a sweet sentiment, but I'd like to believe that a soul is far more complex than my tastes in fashion.

What colour are the majority of yours clothes? Why?

Black. Black is a good base color to start with. Also, my school uniform is solid black.

What would an idea garment for you be?

Right now? A very nice fitting pair of acid washed blue jeans, combat boots, a nicely made, thick gray tee shirt, bullet belt. But I'm in the mood to be really nice looking with a hint of punk.

Do you have any tattoos/ piercings? Where/ what/why?

Each ear is pierced once. Nothing major. I look fuckin' gorgeous with them.

What opinion do you have on corests?

They're kind of lame and tacky

Are your family uncomfortable by your clothing choice?

My family thinks they know what I like to look like. They don't like what they think they see.

What is your most common piecce of clothing/ Why?

Bleached up tee shirts. They're fun and easy to make. They also look god damned good on me.

What does the colour black mean/ symbolise to you?

Technically, it's the color of protection and authority

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:55 PM   #27
Lady Ruthven

Firstly, your collection sounds interesting. My questionnaire answers are probably going to be lame, but I'll do my best.

Personally, I am probably about a 3 or 4, although my family is quite well off.

In belief I am neopagan, but I don't really practice since it upsets my family (I currently live at home). From an academic point if view, I am very interested in the ideas of other religions.

The monetary value of things doesn't mean much to me. In terms of sentimental value, probably my family signet ring, which is 300 years old. I feel it ties me to my history and represents the importance of the past in general.

Probably my silver-nibbled green quill pen. (I am a writer and the old-fashioned look suits my tastes.)

Would you say you are comfortable and confident in your environment doing everyday stuff based on your identity (i.e goth culture, eg. wearing clothes that identify you to your identity without caring whether people are critical of you/ or their opinions)

Yes, I am comfortable and confident. My identity, expressed through my style and interests, is what I am and I'm not afraid to show it. I have never been afraid of standing out from the crowd and I'd much rather be myself than look and act just like everyone else.

Reading, writing, painting, playing the piano, designing clothes and accessories, swimming, fencing, horse riding and doing gymnastics, as well as my part-time drama training.

I have a few friends who share aspects of my style, but mainly no. My family couldn't dress a lot more differently to me.

No. To classify is to limit.

Does the season/ environment affect your day to day clothing choice? (e.g Type of clothes you wear, feelings you have, things you want/ don't want to do, etc)

Of course I tend to wear somewhat fewer clothes in summer, but the style is still much the same. I have the same hobbies and interests year-round, although quite a lot of my summer is spent thinking up clever ways to avoid getting a tan.

In your opinion, do you think your personality is one that stands out in the crowd? Does it blend in? Or do you prefer not be noticed at all? Please provide reasons?

I definitely stand out, for my style, opinions and interests. That's the way I like it though. Some people try to stereotype or marginalise me, but in my opinion that is their problem for not being open-minded rather than a criticism of my identity.

Incredibly messy. Right now, most of the floor is taken up with various bits of material from a half-finished DIY sewing project. Plus all the books that won't fit on my shelves.

Generally, we have quite a good relationship, although they are very conservative and much too overprotective of me. We disagree about quite a few things, but in the end we are still family.

I like classical music and opera, particularly from the Romantic period. I dabble in contemporary alternative music too, but don't really have any long-standing favourites.

No. My clothing style is determined by my personality, mood and tastes.

Mainly black and dark reds, greens and blues, because I like these colours and they suit me and my identity. I also have a load of white and pastel-coloured stuff that my parents bought me, but apart from the odd white blouse, I never wear any of it.

One of the dresses I have designed and made, as I was able to customise them according to what I wanted to show in each one. My favourite is probably a black and green satin dress with a floor-length hem, V-cut waist and off-the-shoulder neckline. I am also very fond of my black velvet opera cloak (another homemade piece) although it has never been quite the same after getting shut in the door of a very crowded train last year.

I have one piercing in each ear and am going to get a second one soon. I don't currently have any tattoos, although I would like to get my favourite quote tattooed across my chest, a raven on my back and an eye of Horus on one hand.

I love them. I have been wearing a steel boned corset as underwear for a bit over 3 years and have reduced my waist to 18 inches. I also like lace-up and corset-style tops as outerwear.

The answer would have to be yes. Some of my similarly aged cousins are fine with it, but my parents and older relatives are always wanting me to wear something which is in their view 'normal' or 'respectable'.

If you mean the garment I wear most often, it would have to be my corset (which I wear almost every day), or my black leather Victorian-style boots, which I find go with pretty much everything I wear. If you mean what is my most mainstream style garment, I don't have any. All my clothes (with the exception of some underwear and the odd pair of shoes) are either bought from alternative shops, homemade or extensively modified.

For me, black represents darkness, mystery and the things we don't want to confront. It is also linked to my depressive periods and so shows what I personally am not comfortable talking about.

I hope this is not totally garballed and will be useful. Good luck with your collection.
Lady Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #28
SoftShocks

5 I suppose, I work to jobs and self-publish
Christianity, I fear and love my God
I need to ponder this one.
My clothing
yes, if I didn't dress or act the way I do, I would be lying to myself
Writing, pondering, video games, making cosplay related things
I dress like my girlfriends...
80's Arcade nerd
ocassionaly I will sport a more "elf-ish" look, Browns and greens; Earthtones
In your opinion, do you think your personality is one that stands out in the crowd? Does it blend in? Or do you prefer not be noticed at all? Please provide reasons? Don't notice me, im just a lurker

Tranquil.
Yes, yes I do
Very much so. Blues, no effects, just raw emotion. Real music.
Yes I do. That it does.
Aside from black, I like browns with yellow. I also enjoy orange a lot too. its a very interesting colour.
Tight black jeans, or a tight black dress.
Right nostril. Im still a blank canvas.
love them, they make you look amazing and teach good posture.
No, they have grown use to it.
Tight black jeans; basic, comfortable, and go with everything
Death, but what becomes dead, becomes something with a new life.
SoftShocks is offline   Reply With Quote