Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 02-12-2006, 08:44 PM   #1
Tall One In Black

*tap tap* Is this thing on?

I'm not new, but I'm a sucker for questionnaires.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
job = online communications group in a PR firm
hobbies = sewing, crafting, crossword puzzles, reading

2. Where are you from?
I grew up in Georgia. I moved to D.C. two years ago.

3. Who is your favorite author?
I hate "favorite" questions. I could never choose just one favorite author. I like C.S. Friedman, Melanie Rawn, Lynn Flewelling, Tad Williams, some Michael Crichton, Dan Brown.

4. What are your favorite films?
Again with the favorites! I like Tim Burton movies, the Harry Potter series, the Lord of the Rings series, Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, Pixar movies, sci-fi like The Fifth Element and The Matrix, fantasy like Willow and Legend, and some comic movies like Underworld and X-Men. I hate chick flicks, screwball comedies, and horror movies.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
If I ever have a wedding, I'll go with Sigur Ros.

6. At your funeral?
I don't care; I'll be dead. Maybe the "na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye" chorus on repeat.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
I'd like to slip away quietly in my sleep at an old age.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Cremation.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Favorites again! I like a silly t-shirt with a miniskirt, striped tights or fishnets, and New Rocks (all black). I also like a long flowing velvet skirt with a bodice (all black).

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
NOTHING. I was a very unhappy child.

11. What's your favorite band?
I'm mostly into electronic music lately. I like Tapping the Vein, The Azoic, mind.in.a.box, Covenant, VNV Nation, Emergence, and Mesh. I also like some of the old standards like Sisters of Mercy and Rosetta Stone.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I have a bachelor's degree in business. I'm headed back to school to study college teaching (probably ESL) and/or editing.

13. Why did you join?
I've been a net.goth since 1996; this seemed like a logical place for me. When I saw a poster get flamed for having bad grammar, I knew I'd found kindred souls.

Other useless tidbits about me:
I'm a neat freak and an ultra-organized perfectionist. I alphabetize my CDs and organize my books by genre.
I have a difficult time wearing any color other than black. (I'm soooo goth!)
I hate poetry. (Okay, maybe I'm not soooo goth!)
I'm an Aquarius and very Aquarian.
My first word was "tea."
I hate mayonnaise.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:07 PM   #2
rockandrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One In Black
9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Favorites again! I like a silly t-shirt with a miniskirt, striped tights or fishnets, and New Rocks (all black). I also like a long flowing velvet skirt with a bodice (all black).
Very nice indeed. I also liked the Alice outfit you wore for Halloween's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One In Black
I like Tapping the Vein
Me too.

Seriously, how can anyone here not like Tall One? There's no way anyone can ignore what she has to say! Plus, she's freaking HOT too.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:09 AM   #3
Tall One In Black

You guys are a super boost for my ego - something I need more than I'd like to admit. Self-esteem remains elusive. I greatly appreciate all your comments.

I'm going to see Tapping the Vein this weekend! It's only the second show they've done in about three years or more. Can't wait!
Old 02-13-2006, 09:08 PM   #4
DrenchedInGin

Hello, and nice to meet you. Your comment about meeting kindred grammar-loving souls made me very happy. As did your first word.

(Can you come by and organise my CD collection? I'm hopeless... I'll make you dinner :-)
DrenchedInGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:12 AM   #5
Tall One In Black

I should probably clarify that my "tea" meant the sugary sweet iced tea of Georgia.

Organizing a CD collection in exchange for dinner? Sounds like a fair trade to me!
I've actually given some thought to working as a professional organizer. I'd probably be extremely good at it. And, unlike many people, I actually enjoy the organization process.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:25 PM   #6
rockandrose

Like book-keeping, data entry, or receptionist/Personal Assistant/Secretarial type of work?
Old 02-14-2006, 05:27 PM   #7
tekajo

It's good to see you back Tall Hot One. i was beginning to wonder if you decided to flee from us.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:10 PM   #8
Tall One In Black

tekajo,
Nope. No fleeing. How could I flee from such wonderful people?
I just had a LOT going on.

rockandrose,
I've done the Office Manager/Executive Assistant type of work most of my career. It suits my organized, perfectionist nature. And if you find the right company, it pays well but causes little stress. It's not the most intellectually stimulating work, though, so I think it's time for me to move on to something else. I'm planning to study teaching and/or editing over the next year or two.

What I meant by "professional organizer" is someone who is hired freelance to come into a house or office and make sense of the chaos - get rid of clutter, organize what's left, and set up a system to maintain the organization. Ever since I found out that such a profession exists, I've thought I'd be good at it. I really enjoy setting up organizational systems. I'm a hardcore nerd!
Old 02-15-2006, 08:36 AM   #9
WolfMoon

Tall One, I might just need you to organize...er....everything.

I've got TON with Wumpscut, The Misfits with The Sisters and Siouxsie.

I need help.

Nice to see ya back, hawtness.

And I hate Mayo too! In everything, but my tuna salad. Then I mix in some mustard to cover the flavor.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:04 PM   #10
Tall One In Black

Maybe I should start a gothic organizing business.

I don't just file your papers, I file them in black folders in a coffin-shaped file cabinet!
I don't just organize your closet, I throw out all clothing that isn't black... and then organize the rest by shade of black!
I don't just tidy up the kitchen, I relabel the canisters Cloves, Belladonna, and Eye of Newt and replace the sugar with arsenic!

Old 04-07-2006, 07:57 AM   #11
WolfMoon

Where are you?
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote