Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-17-2006, 08:05 AM   #1
Miriel

Miriel

I guess I should introduce myself now.
ASL
I am called Miriel, I am female, 19 years old and live in a place most of you havent heard.
Physics
I am 169 cm tall, have a quite slim figure and a decent pair of boobs. I have shoulder lenght red hair and grey eyes.
Education
I am in the middle of my final exams and soon Ill be filling applications to universities... I dont know what will become of me, so dont ask.
Hobbies
I have many hobbies starting with reading books, listening to music and ending with getting drunk in a good company.

Anything else?
Miriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:07 AM   #2
Twisted Ducky

Hello Miriel, and welcome.
Twisted Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:15 AM   #3
Miriel

Well if anyone was not satisfied with the little information I provided then there is always the magnificent option af asking.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:15 AM   #4
A Simple Poet

Estonia.

Next to Latvia, Lithuania, Not far from Poland, Russia, Finland and the Baltic Sea ... and Dr. Doom has his own country over there somewhere, no?

Welcome. It is always nice to encounter persons (at least for me) from a culture and continent not my own.

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
A Simple Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:06 PM   #5
Godslayer Jillian

It seems syou spend a lot of time in chat rooms.
You seem to have a beautiful complexion, but I'm pretty sure all of us are more interested in getting to know you rather than getting to picture you.
Welcome

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:40 PM   #6
Sobeh

Three cheers for measuring height in cm!! And welcome.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:22 PM   #7
Miriel

Acctually I have to be really really REALLY bored to go to a chat room.

About knowing me... Come on I dont even know myself, how can others. I am a complicated person with various sides if I say so myself... But many thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:59 AM   #8
angel011

Welcome Miriel.

Since this is a gothic literature site, everyone here reads books, so, could you mention a few of your favorite authors? Mentioning your favorite bands would be nice, too.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:34 AM   #9
Queenofdarkness57

Welcome Miriel, I'm looking forward to learning more about your country. Enjoy your stay!
Old 04-18-2006, 03:26 AM   #10
succubus,queenofvampires

Welcome, Miriel. I'm really looking forward to your contributions to this site because I think that we can learn a lot from you.
Have fun!
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:54 AM   #11
Miriel

Books... I live for and of books. Especially I like books that have more than 300 pages so I dont have to go to the library as often. :P

My absolute favourite author is Anne Rice. Her Vampire Chronicles are brilliant. Since only The Interview with the Vampire has been translated into estonian, I have to read the other novels in English.

I also enjoy Lovecrafts pieces, but I once again have a problem with finding the books cause the local library only has a few.
But other names on my list are Charlotte Bronte, Terry Pratchett, Stephen King (The Dark Tower series is my absolute favourite), Veiko Belials... since I am a literature whore I am naturally familiar with "Harry Potter", "The Lord of the Rings", "Eragon"...
This brief little intro is definetly not complete... I read almost all the time and I usually pay more attention the the story than to the author.

My music

Right now I am listening to Oomph!, also on the playlist are: Cradle of Filth, Ambeon, Ayeron, Sepultura, Dimmu Borgir, Marilyn Manson, Moby, Rammstein, Apocalyptica, The 69 Eyes, Metsatöll, Tanel Padar & the Sun, Air, The Boogie Pimps, System of a Down, The White Stripes, Nightwish, Katatonia, Loits, Him, Evanescence and many others
Old 04-19-2006, 09:11 AM   #12
WolfMoon

Welcome Miriel! Join the Orgy!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:05 PM   #13
angel011

That's a nice choice of books and music.

I understand your problem with (not) translated works completely, since I live in Serbia. Vampire Lestat is the last one they translated from The Vampire Chronicles, and they're rather slow with Lovecraft too. I learnt English partially by reading Stephen King in original.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:08 AM   #14
DarkIce

Tere tulemast Gnet.

Hope you´re ready for the "armulugu" with Gnet ;-) You might become an addict.

Hüvasti, Darkice.