Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
GothicChristian

Unhappy Tans You Can't Get Rid Of

I live in Florida and, up until last summer, I did not have a tan. I ended up with one at band camp that will not go away. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, I've avoided the sun for almost a year and it's still here, barely faded!
I miss being told that I look like a porcelain doll with my skin so light.

What can I do to get rid of this tan?
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:58 PM   #2
electrosexual

Purchase a body scrub and use it twice or 3 times a week. Preferably a sea salt one, as they're the strongest.

Also, you should use a face scrub if you want to get rid of a tan on your face. And most importantly, USE SPF PROTECTION. This will ensure your tan doesnt build up any more. Wear it all year round. Even the smallest rays of sunlight can make you tan. Wearing SPF is also healthy for your skin and protects it ^^. Try and find SPF 40+ products to keep your skin pale. You'll see it quickly fading after that.

Also, don't forget your face! If you don't want to change moisturiser, you can use an additional cream. I use Clinique City Block SPF 40 over my moisturiser and under my makeup (if I'm wearing any).

Hope that helps :]
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
tickingstitch

Being tan is gross...sry I use to be alot whiter too and it is a bummer

Aim: K143rsjrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
Oh shit!!!*tries to run away, but trips, he breaks his neck on a stool*No I know how Hilary Swank feels like.
tickingstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #4
GothicChristian

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrosexual
Purchase a body scrub and use it twice or 3 times a week. Preferably a sea salt one, as they're the strongest.

Also, you should use a face scrub if you want to get rid of a tan on your face. And most importantly, USE SPF PROTECTION. This will ensure your tan doesnt build up any more. Wear it all year round. Even the smallest rays of sunlight can make you tan. Wearing SPF is also healthy for your skin and protects it ^^. Try and find SPF 40+ products to keep your skin pale. You'll see it quickly fading after that.

Also, don't forget your face! If you don't want to change moisturiser, you can use an additional cream. I use Clinique City Block SPF 40 over my moisturiser and under my makeup (if I'm wearing any).

Hope that helps :]

Thanks, for your suggestions.
I used SPF 45 sunscreen all the time at band camp and still wound up with this blasted thing. I think it's about time I looked for my parasol.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
Breathless Horror

I don't see how this could work for you, as you prolly have school and such, but I'll post it anyway.

Last summer I worked at a summer camp, and as a result got a rather unnattractive tan. When I got home, I promptly moved into my basement for two weeks, only leaving to eat and shower/use the washroom. The only light came from the display on the stereo system. After the two weeks, I emerged looking as if I'd been dead for a day or two. I swear after that I almost died the first time I went out in broad daylight.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:55 PM   #6
GothicChristian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
I don't see how this could work for you, as you probably have school and such, but I'll post it anyway.

Last summer I worked at a summer camp, and as a result got a rather unattractive tan. When I got home, I promptly moved into my basement for two weeks, only leaving to eat and shower/use the washroom. The only light came from the display on the stereo system. After the two weeks, I emerged looking as if I'd been dead for a day or two. I swear after that I almost died the first time I went out in broad daylight.
That's a suggestion, but, I have school now, (Thanks to a rather irresponsible mother) and I cannot lock myself away for more than a weekend.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:59 PM   #7
Breathless Horror

I thought not. Boo-urns to school -_-

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #8
Xombie

Even with 70 SPF sunscreen, working at a waterpark all summer gave me the most healthy looking tan (I'm speaking as if I found tans to look healthy at all). HOWEVER, I have the most god-awful tan LINES. First, I have an ugly one that goes straight across my back. Halfway through the season we got new bathing suits, and I got a new tan. 8 months later, I'm still sporting two clashing tan lines.

UGH.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:08 PM   #9
GothicChristian

Tan lines aren't an issue for me, seeing as I'm always fully covered nowadays. I has to wear shorts and a tank top at band camp, as well as tennis shoes, none of those areas are ever shown. All you can see is my "healthy" looking tan. (Insert "nasty" where "healthy" is.)
Old 03-26-2008, 07:20 PM   #10
ionic_angel

You think that's bad? I work in construction. Well, fine finishing, anyway (not quite construction, I suppose). So I'm out in the sun a lot. Every day. And I tan very easily. So much so I get compliments on it.

It's a lot better than burning, but I WANT to be pale. Ah, for the hopeful future where I have an indoor job.
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #11
GothicChristian

From 8 in the morning to 9 at night, I was outside. Marching, drill learning, guard routine learning. That's a really long time to be out almost every day!
Old 03-26-2008, 07:41 PM   #12
moonlightrose

Lemon juice and milk fade tans (sounds gross, I know). Put them on your face at night. I never tried it myself, but I've been told it works.
moonlightrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:50 PM   #13
Johnny Gnar Gnar

Hmmm, I guess this is where I digress. I am on the river, all day, every day during the spring, summer, and fall. When I get off the river I am mountain biking or climbing. I guess I don't have a problem being tan. After one week long trip on the river, my legs already have their tan back. I kinda like it, but that's just me. I'm more or less here for the music and lit, not so much the fashion, even though I do enjoy it. I'll go crawl back into my hole now.
Johnny Gnar Gnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:03 PM   #14
electrosexual

If you REALLY want to go pale again, try this.
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:36 PM   #15
KontanKarite

I once ran into this goth dude in Columbus that had a tan and somehow, he made it work so well that he was just drop dead gorgeous.

It actually got me thinking that an even skintone is so much better than having a tan with lines or being unnaturally pale. Right now, I'm as pale as I'm ever going to get. So meh.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:04 PM   #16
Wednesday Friday Addams

I can't tan.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:11 PM   #17
raggedyanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Friday Addams
I can't tan.
Trade you skin. I have this olive skin where if I so much as sneeze in the direction of the sun, I get tan.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:43 PM   #18
Tea and Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Friday Addams
I can't tan.
Me neither. I've tried.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:03 AM   #19
Opteron_Man

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightrose
Lemon juice and milk fade tans (sounds gross, I know). Put them on your face at night. I never tried it myself, but I've been told it works.
Yah. I use lemon juice and yogart but that's just me. It still works good.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:06 PM   #20
GothicChristian

I'll definitely give it a try. I'm off to the store to get some lemons.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:19 PM   #21
Wednesday Friday Addams

I originally read this thread as "trans you can't get rid of".
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:25 PM   #22
Beneath the Shadows

Unfortunately, the remains of my last major sun exposure will probably never go away. Several years ago, I was working in the sun, and it was a hot one. All I was wearing was a wife-beater. (Well, I had pants, too, but I'm talking about my upper body.) Later on, when I got home, I took the shirt off. For all appearances, I might as well have been wearing another one underneath it, with nipples painted on. My shoulders, arms, and neck were bright red, and my stomach, chest, and back were pale as ever. To make it worse, exposure to the sun made my back freckles darken, so to this day is still have freckles where I was burnt, and a wife-beater-shaped area of freckle-less expanse.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:05 PM   #23
Hello Batty

Why does everyone hate tans so much?! I mean yeah it's cool to be pale but I was born tan and I think tan people are sexy like Indians and OMG African goths make me swoon!
Hello Batty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:15 AM   #24
Beneath the Shadows

I don't like them because I'm incapable of getting one. I go from pale to burnt.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:34 AM   #25
Bete Noire

I'm half Maltese so I'm always tanned. Never really bothered me hugely.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote