Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:56 AM   #1
Tam Li Hua

I Hate Fat-Rolls! >_<

So I've decided, out of somewhat of a vain reason, that I'm tired of looking in the mirror and seeing even the slight beginning of fat rolls. I've joined a weight-loss competition at my church, but I simply don't have any confidence that I can get down to the weight I want to be.

Don't get me wrong; I don't consider myself ugly or anything. But damn I'm tired of feeling big! Plus, there's SO many clothes that I want to wear that I can't unless I lose a few inches around the middle!

Any [healthy] advice will be much appreciated. ^_^
Old 02-10-2009, 08:57 AM   #2
Albert Mond

I also hate my fat rolls. If I squeeze my belly together, it looks like an arse.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #3
All Shall Be Judged

Drink plenty of water - the brain often confuses thirst for hunger. Look for online recipes which are vegetable-heavy. Learn to use spices and seasoning to avoid getting stuck with bland food, and experiment when cooking. Celery, grapes and carrots make excellent snacks, as they contain lots of water and are therefore filling while being low on calories. Keep red meat consumption to twice a week. Most importantly, don't rely on diet alone - excercise until you sweat, every day that you possibly can.
All Shall Be Judged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:06 AM   #4
Albert Mond

I don't eat meat, so that bit won't be hard.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:07 AM   #5
honeythorn

Don't even get me started on the hatred of fat. I've always been fat since I was a child. I don't look at my stomach in any mirror and won't touch it unless I have no choice. I don't allow anyone else to see or touch it either.

I've joiined slimming clubs but I find the plans complicated and hate the group clapping and all that shit. Really not my thing.

I'm just radically reducing my portion sizes, refusing to allow my parents to serve out food ( my father cannot grasp the concept of a small portion in any way shape or form ) and I go jogging every other day. I also do sit ups and press ups ( I have little hope that the press ups will do anything for my tits but I'll keep doing them anyway ) and stretches. I don't eat betwen meals, or if really have to then it's fruit.

You have to burn more calories than you consume basically.

And I've still only lost 7lbs in a month after all that
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:35 AM   #6
Duane

I've gotten into weight lifting, doing a bit of jogging too. Difficult, but it'll be worth it in the end. Especially in summer when the Romanian women come to town.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:39 AM   #7
Underwater Ophelia

Tam, it honestly isn't hard.

Make a plan and stick to it.
I'd recommend eating five or six small meals rather than three where you're tricking into over-eating.

WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE HUNGRY.
I don't mean wait until you THINK you are, wait until your stomach hurts and wants food. Drink a bottle or glass or water, and wait fifteen or twenty minutes. If you're still hungry, then by all means eat. Eat something you like. If you're trying to eat only diet food that you think tastes like cardboard, you'll just end up eating a whole box of cookies or something.

So when you're sure you're hungry, make yourself maybe a stir fried half of chicken breast, some broccoli, and a little bit of rice or something, and have a glass of WATER with it. Between each bite, take a big sip of water and put the fork down. I can't stress this enough. Humans fill up before their brain knows, so they often overeat. If you eat slowly, and take up space with water, you won't. Stop eating when you're full. It sounds obvious, but you aren't doing it. Eat slowly and pay attention. When you are no longer experiencing hunger pain, stop eating.

Get away from the kitchen and busy yourself.

Here's a tip: cook only what you plan on eating right then. I said HALF a chicken breast, because that's sensible. You could make the whole thing, and think that you'll finish it next time you're hungry. You know you're going to end up eating the whole thing, so just don't cook it.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #8
Albert Mond

I command Duane to check his inbox.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #9
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
Don't even get me started on the hatred of fat. I've always been fat since I was a child. I don't look at my stomach in any mirror and won't touch it unless I have no choice. I don't allow anyone else to see or touch it either.

I've joiined slimming clubs but I find the plans complicated and hate the group clapping and all that shit. Really not my thing.

I'm just radically reducing my portion sizes, refusing to allow my parents to serve out food ( my father cannot grasp the concept of a small portion in any way shape or form ) and I go jogging every other day. I also do sit ups and press ups ( I have little hope that the press ups will do anything for my tits but I'll keep doing them anyway ) and stretches. I don't eat betwen meals, or if really have to then it's fruit.

You have to burn more calories than you consume basically.

And I've still only lost 7lbs in a month after all that
What are you eating on a basic day?
Old 02-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #10
Duane

I'll check it later, anyways does Muscle Milk even work, or is it just a waste of time?
Old 02-10-2009, 09:48 AM   #11
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
I'll check it later, anyways does Muscle Milk even work, or is it just a waste of time?
What the fuck is that?
Old 02-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #12
Duane

Supposed to workout supplements, I don't know exactly. Sounds like a load of bullshit. I think I'll just leave that and start drinking water.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #13
Necrophagist

Exercise 15 mins a day and don't eat breakfast.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:06 AM   #14
jack_the_knife

Start cooking yourself and don't buy ready made meals. Their full of shit you don't really need in your body. Don't drink soft drinks full of sugar and aspartame.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:07 AM   #15
All Shall Be Judged

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
Start cooking yourself and don't buy ready made meals. Their full of shit you don't really need in your body.
This is excellent advice for everybody.
All Shall Be Judged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:07 AM   #16
Duane

I like soda, though... but I should give it up, I know.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #17
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophagist
Exercise 15 mins a day and don't eat breakfast.
Is that a joke?
Old 02-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #18
Duane

You're supposed to do 45 minutes a day for cardiovascular alone, correct me if I'm wrong. 15 minutes won't cut it, Necro.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:36 AM   #19
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
What are you eating on a basic day?

Breakfast is usually 2 eggs scrambled on 1 slice of wholemeal, for lunch I've recently been having 1 slice of wholemeal spread with my own mixture of chopped prawns, cucumber and a little onion with low fat/calorie salad cream, dinner is often soup or low fat noodles. Fruit for snacks. I've eaten 1lb of cherries today.

I can't do that six small meals a day thing when I have a job. In factories you get a maximum of 3 breaks a dy. usually at 10am, 1pm and 3pm in most places.

I seriously don't eat much crap ( choclolate, crisps ect ) at all , and I exercise more than most of my friends who are half my size ( they all drive too ).

Seriously annoying. I've just been for a jog about 10 mins ago. I'm very unfit so I can't go for miles and miles yet. I do a combo of 20 mins fast walking interspersed with jogging so I don't injure myself or have some sort of heart attack. And that's every other day before my main meal at night. I've stopped eating after 7 pm too.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #20
AngelikDemonik

Well, 15 minutes a day of cardio is good to start off at...You can't just throw yourself into an hour long exercise routine if you're not used to it. Add on 15 minutes per week. You don't want to burn yourself out. Tae Bo, as cheesy as it is, works great. As does roller blading or even walking.

Cut all out drinks that contain calories--Honestly, just stick to ice water.

Try calorie counting. There are multiple websites out there that will help you determine how many calories a day you need for your age, sex, size, and activity level.

To lose a pound of fat a week, you need to either burn 500 additional calories per day/take away 500 calories from your diet per day, or a combination of both (which is the best option).

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #21
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Shall Be Judged
Drink plenty of water - the brain often confuses thirst for hunger. Look for online recipes which are vegetable-heavy. Learn to use spices and seasoning to avoid getting stuck with bland food, and experiment when cooking. Celery, grapes and carrots make excellent snacks, as they contain lots of water and are therefore filling while being low on calories. Keep red meat consumption to twice a week. Most importantly, don't rely on diet alone - excercise until you sweat, every day that you possibly can.
I didn't know that about thirst and hunger, but that makes a lot of sense. As it is, I've started drinking more water using those Crystal Light flavoring things. I also have started buying the small packages of carrots for snacking, which seem to work great!

I'll keep the red meat thing in mind; I can think of -tons- of recipes for chicken and fish. [Though both the hubby and I get tired of chicken after a while. Fish is a definite option, though.]

We have a treadmill, and I've been trying to go at least 10+ minutes a day on that.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #22
Tam Li Hua

Honeythorn: I think 7 lbs a month is actually pretty darn good! If I could lose that much every month, it would be awesome!

What are press-ups? I'd like to at least -try- and reduce the twins a bit before considering surgery.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #23
Necrophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Is that a joke?
*shrugs*

It worked for me.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:55 AM   #24
Tam Li Hua

Ophie: You're right, actually; I -do- tend to gobble down my food without thinking about it if I'm really hungry. Throughout the day, I think it's a good plan, but I'll have to be careful during dinner since more often than not I'm cooking for two, and the hubby tends to get hungrier than I.

I really just need to take charge of the kitchen, and make us both eat healthy meals.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #25
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
Honeythorn: I think 7 lbs a month is actually pretty darn good! If I could lose that much every month, it would be awesome!

What are press-ups? I'd like to at least -try- and reduce the twins a bit before considering surgery.

I think I might have meant push ups actually... I get confused. I meant where you lie face down and push yourself ( whole body ) up and down on your arms. I don't do them in the usual way though. I'm pysically quite strong but even I can't lift all 16 and a half stone of me off the floor repeatedly in that way. I have to do it the other way. You get down on your hands and knees, go forward until your knees are on the floor( ankles crossed ) and your body is straight, and your hands shoulder width apart. Then you lower your whole torso down, keeping the weight on your arms. Raise and repeat. It supposedly works the arms and pectoral muscles. I feel mine start to burn after a while anyway.

I'm not trying to make my boobs smaller. I want them to lift! They sag horribly and are yet another thing I refuse to look at in a mirror.

I think while I'm off work I'm going to go walk/jogging twice a day.