Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-18-2007, 05:46 AM   #126
korinna5555

I have three silver hoops in each earlobe and a hoop in the cartilege of my left ear. Five of my seven I did myself.
I also gave myself an itty bitty tattoo of five black dots on my left inner forearm. The number five has a lot of signifigance to me.

Perhaps I will take some pictures..
Old 08-18-2007, 11:50 AM   #127
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtSorcier
I really don't think anyone is on any kind of vendetta to make you look like an asshole. People misunderstand each other all the time. It's the Internet, it's not like we can see each other's faces or hear each other's tones. It happens to me all the time as well. Get used to it or unplug your computer.
Yeah...you don't even know what I'm referencing. It's happened.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:06 PM   #128
NachtSorcier

You were talking to KwanieSiam about corset piercings. That's what this is about.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:50 PM   #129
maggot

So I just put a third hole in my ear, and hopefully I placed it in the right place. If I did it right, I should be able to have an orbital.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:11 AM   #130
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtSorcier
You were talking to KwanieSiam about corset piercings. That's what this is about.
Right. You mentioned how misquoting happens all the time. What you don't know is yes, people on this site regularly (either on purpose or not) misquote me in ways that make me look like an asshole. Hence why it's irritating.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:19 AM   #131
Lapin

Z. Sorcier, what Ophelia is referencing is that people have been, pardon the expression, getting their panties in a twist over things Ophelia has said, often taking them out of context or just taking them the wrong way.

I imagine its annoying. Especially since she never really says anything that warrants her being bitched at.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:47 AM   #132
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
Z. Sorcier, what Ophelia is referencing is that people have been, pardon the expression, getting their panties in a twist over things Ophelia has said, often taking them out of context or just taking them the wrong way.

I imagine its annoying. Especially since she never really says anything that warrants her being bitched at.
Thank you, Lapin.

I don't know why you do it, but it means a lot to me that you stick by me and see through all the crap.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:29 PM   #133
Underwater Ophelia

Does anyone have a monroe piercing? I really want one, and would just like to hear some experiences or opinions on it.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:48 PM   #134
emma o

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot
So I just put a third hole in my ear, and hopefully I placed it in the right place. If I did it right, I should be able to have an orbital.
Orbital - nice! You don't see that too often. Do you have it already?
emma o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:52 PM   #135
Johnny Gnar Gnar

Monroe is not a bad piercing. Probably the worst I ever did were my nipples, second to that, gauging my nipples. Weeeeee! Anyway, as for tattoos, my wrists didn't hurt at all. Really the only time I have felt pain while being tattooed was when we did a backpiece in a sitting. It just turned into a sensation of being burned. That was after about hour five though. I did get a tattoo from a scratcher, I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. For new work, I have sleeves coming up, and I need to finish my back piece. It is very addicting!
Johnny Gnar Gnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:01 PM   #136
Lapin

You suck, okay, you just do.

My wrist hurt like a bitch! I thought I was going to cry. (I didn't, thank the sky)

Then again, I also have very thin wrists. Maybe I'm just a sissy.

*grumbles* Youstillsuckbigtime *grumbly noise*
Old 09-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #137
maggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma o
Orbital - nice! You don't see that too often. Do you have it already?

Nope, the hole is still healing as it is. :X
Old 09-09-2007, 07:26 AM   #138
honeythorn

Quote:
You suck, okay, you just do.

My wrist hurt like a bitch! I thought I was going to cry. (I didn't, thank the sky)

Then again, I also have very thin wrists. Maybe I'm just a sissy.

*grumbles* Youstillsuckbigtime *grumbly noise*
Really? Mine didn't hurt either, or the back of my neck, or the inside of my elbow ( which is considered to be very painful apparantly, my tattooist said his hurt like a bitch 0.o ) I also bleed very little. My shoulderblade was the most painful...but that could just be because it was my first? Dunno * shrug *
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:40 AM   #139
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
Really? Mine didn't hurt either, or the back of my neck, or the inside of my elbow ( which is considered to be very painful apparantly, my tattooist said his hurt like a bitch 0.o ) I also bleed very little. My shoulderblade was the most painful...but that could just be because it was my first? Dunno * shrug *
Yeah, your first always hurts.
Haw haw haw.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:16 AM   #140
Lapin

I knew it; I'm just a sissy. (Goes off to grumble to herself in the corner about life being unfair)
Old 09-10-2007, 04:54 AM   #141
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Hey, does anyone have a brand?
Branding and scarification are probably gonna be the main bod mods I do/have done.

Tattoos are okay but there's something about branding and scarification that gets my blood racing and pumping!

As for piercings; I'm unnerved by them funnily enough, especially spaces/stretches, though my friend Ayla who's an apprentice piercist suggested that I get the skin around my collar bone pierced on both sides with rings so she could study how it healed over..O_o;;;
Sir Canvas Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #142
msr.iaidoka

Umbrellacake,

That is one fantastic tattoo. A friend of mine has a single sakura with a bud on her thigh. I will have to get a picture of it to share.

To any who care,

Along the lines of ink, especially Japanese themed, this is my first. More may follow if I find something that has as much meaning to me.

[img=http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/460/tattoo2pp9.th.jpg]

Ink is best when it has meaning,

Matt
msr.iaidoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:24 AM   #143
thedoll

I am getting wings on my back soon (within the month) but I don't know how big I want them. Any suggestions? I want them to take up the majority of my back, but not the whole thing and I definately am worried about getting them too small. Any suggestions?

For these http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24.../mytatoooo.png

Yonder
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=7412908

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:52 PM   #144
allie_kat

I'd say get it from your blades, to about below your ribs, maybe a little lower. Are you gonna have them wrop around onto your sides at all? That would be cool. I know what its like to have a tat you wish was bigger than it is, I have a cross on my back that I wish I had gotten just a bit bigger. But, once you get it, its there! Don't be scared about the size, or you'll end up with something smaller or bigger than you want.

Now I have a questions. I heard that corset piercing only last for a certain amount of time because the skin rejects them and pushes them out. Does anyone know if that is true?
allie_kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:18 PM   #145
Cyntrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoll
I can't see the other picture due to the profile being private, but these are AWESOME!!
Old 09-17-2007, 01:22 PM   #146
Saddiction

thedoll: right click on the picture and select 'properties'. Then copy and paste the url to the actual jpg so that we can see what the photo looks like.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:12 PM   #147
thedoll

Mkay...

http://a601.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...7b4cadd7f0.jpg

better?

i was thinking getting the part that looks like a heart in the center where the dress starts, then having the top reach to my shoulder blade and the bottom stop around where the dress ends.

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
Old 09-18-2007, 06:42 PM   #148
maggot

Today at dinner I asked my mom about my frenectomy appointment. It's next week.

She followed it up with "I DID SOME READING ON FRENECTOMIES. SOME PEOPLE DO THEM TO GET THEIR TONGUES PIERCED. I HOPE YOU DONT HAVE ULTERIOR MOTIVESLOL"

She followed it up with telling me I can never get piercings because 'she doesn't like it,' along with how open-minded she is.

What also bugs me is that she's an idiot. You get a frenectomy so you can stick your tongue out further, which makes it easier to get it pierced. It does nothing else.

Oh, and I don't wait it pierced. I want it split.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:09 AM   #149
thedoll

Call me a freak, but i like tongue splitting for males. The only female I have seen with it didn't pull it off well, but my male friends who have it make it look good.

Head splitting on the other hand scared the crap outta me...

Old 09-20-2007, 03:43 PM   #150
kimaru

This coming birthday, My mom is taking me to get my lip peirced....which sounds pretty tame compared to most of you, but I'm really excited...nothing says "Happy fifteenth birthday!" like going and getting a hole poked in your face.
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote