Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:42 PM   #26
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchLich View Post
Yeah... It is VERY obvious to me now that you people get your jollies by spending hours on a forum searching for anything you can use for making someone feel inferior. Unfortunatly for you, I dont care enough about these forums to stick around to fuel your idiocy.
"So once I've typed my thirty lines about how much I don't care I'll be off, and let that be a lesson to you all."

Quote:
So I'll be PMing a mod today requesting account deletion. Thank you all for enlightening me on what this place has to offer, its very clear to me now.
Good luck getting a response from a mod - we've been trying for several months now.

Quote:
Ironic, however, that you call yourselves goth, since the goth culture itself generally consists of people whom arent widely accepted by others.
Speak for yourself, everyone loves me.

Quote:
As for the commenting on my intelligence, FYI, being intelligent doesnt make you a perfect speller, that would be called "smart". Intelligence is the measure of capacity your mind has for information, and the speed at which it processes it.
Right - how to express oneself using the written word without sounding like an unjustifiably self-important tool is just ONE example of information the brain must process in order for us to be able to presume intelligence.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #27
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
Right - how to express oneself using the written word without sounding like an unjustifiably self-important tool is just ONE example of information the brain must process in order for us to be able to presume intelligence.
Quote:
But I'm sure you will come up with another reason for it, since you seem to be unable to live with yourself unless you're attempting to make someone else feel lesser than you.
Wow, I can predict the future, I guess I'll just add that to my list of talents.
ArchLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:20 PM   #28
JCC

Don't you seem a problem in coming to a forum and making a point of repeatedly mentioning how intelligent how you are and that people find it difficult to keep up with you, then moaning that we've got a superiority complex when we take you down a peg?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #29
Godslayer Jillian

Yeah! It's almost 'hypocratic'!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #30
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Wow, I can predict the future, I guess I'll just add that to my list of talents.
YEAH!!!

............. Except that I didn't "come up with another reason" (which would be a reason which is OTHER than the one you gave, since you clearly have difficulty comprehending simple and frequently-used words). I simply examined your explanation and pronounced it bullshit, whilst simultaneously demonstrating that it's bullshit because of the inherent contradiction within your own definition of intelligence as the ability to process information when the ability to write well necessitates absorbing...... that's right...... INFORMATION. I rule, you continue to suck at verbal expression, God is in his heaven and all is well in his world.

Spin again.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:47 PM   #31
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Don't you seem a problem in coming to a forum and making a point of repeatedly mentioning how intelligent how you are and that people find it difficult to keep up with you, then moaning that we've got a superiority complex when we take you down a peg?
I even stated in that same sentence that I wasnt trying to sound like a pompous prick(in different phrasing), whether I did or not was beyond my control since I had no other way of explaining my point. In no way did I intend to make it sound like I think everyone is below me(nor did I even directly express that, come to think of it), so all this bullshit about how I think I'm God needs to stop. I dont walk around with my nose in the air looking down at everyone around me. As a matter of fact, that goes against 90% of everything I stand for. Hell, go to my profile and look at my picture, does that look like a guy who thinks he's a superior life form? Hell no, imo it looks more like a hippy stoner(I have never liked my appearance).

I apologize for coming off as a self righteous ass, but I am honestly saying right now that in reality I am far from that.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #32
JCC

Quote:
I even stated in that same sentence that I wasnt trying to sound like a pompous prick(in different phrasing), whether I did or not was beyond my control since I had no other way of explaining my point. In no way did I intend to make it sound like I think everyone is below me(nor did I even directly express that, come to think of it), so all this bullshit about how I think I'm God needs to stop. I dont walk around with my nose in the air looking down at everyone around me. As a matter of fact, that goes against 90% of everything I stand for. Hell, go to my profile and look at my picture, does that look like a guy who thinks he's a superior life form? Hell no, imo it looks more like a hippy stoner(I have never liked my appearance).

I apologize for coming off as a self righteous ass, but I am honestly saying right now that in reality I am far from that.
'Coming off' as a self-righteous ass? Time for a direct quote:

"I am a very intelligent person, and my way of thinking is often too complex for people"

Don't make it seem like we misinterpreted your humble statements. You literally came here and said "I'm so fucking clever, nobody can keep up."
Old 05-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #33
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Hell, go to my profile and look at my picture, does that look like a guy who thinks he's a superior life form?.
You look like a bit of a dick either way.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #34
ArchLich

I never said you misinterpreted anything I said. I admitted that what I said sounded pompous, and I apologized for it. I was describing myself, its not easy to tell someone that you're intelligent without sounding like you think you're the shit. I get it all the time, and some people are able to understand my intention and move on, others, however, seem to be unable to comprehend that what I said may not have been intended to imply what it appeared to have implied.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #35
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
I never said you misinterpreted anything I said. I admitted that what I said sounded pompous, and I apologized for it.
Fair enough. Stick around, we'll teach you how to argue to devastating effect. ;]

Old 05-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #36
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchLich
Ironic, however, that you call yourselves goth, since the goth culture itself generally consists of people whom arent widely accepted by others.
Actually, most of the people here seem to get on fine with other people, none of this "goths are outcasts" crap, can't blame the fact that nobody likes you on your music taste.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #37
JCC

Quote:
I was describing myself, its not easy to tell someone that you're intelligent without sounding like you think you're the shit.
So prove it, don't say it.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:55 PM   #38
ArchLich

I have always been absolutely horrible at first impressions. I guess I shouldnt be so surprised.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:50 PM   #39
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Yeah... It is VERY obvious to me now that you people get your jollies by spending hours on a forum searching for anything you can use for making someone feel inferior.
Hours searching? Are you implying that belittling people on the internet is an uneconomical use of time? Reading your thread took about a minute and a half, and for that minor investment I've been rewarded with about four years worth of ways to make you feel inferior== seems like quite a bargain from my end.

Quote:
Ironic, however, that you call yourselves goth, since the goth culture itself generally consists of people whom arent widely accepted by others. Yet you guys seem to have turned this place into a flaming hypocracy, since it seems that you cannot live without trying to make everyone feel inferior to you.
Okay, you don't know what goth is, but I'll roll with your misconception. Say we're all outcast from society for various reasons, like I've got a withered stump for a right arm, JCC had a facial transplant, and an oracle told Godslayer Jillian's parents that he was going to kill his dad and marry his mom. Does that necessarily make us inclined to chill with lepers and child rapists? No. There are degrees to these things..

Quote:
As for the commenting on my intelligence, FYI, being intelligent doesnt make you a perfect speller, that would be called "smart". Intelligence is the measure of capacity your mind has for information, and the speed at which it processes it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fucking Dictionary
smart   [smahrt]
–adjective
having or showing quick intelligence or ready mental capability: a smart student.
Also, I doubt your mind has a profound capacity for retaining and processing information, given that you lived to be over the age of four without learning to spell 'blunt'.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #40
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Actually, most of the people here seem to get on fine with other people, none of this "goths are outcasts" crap, can't blame the fact that nobody likes you on your music taste.
Lies!

Archlich - don't listen to her. We all hate each other here. I, for one, especially hate Saya!
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:22 PM   #41
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Hours searching? Are you implying that belittling people on the internet is an uneconomical use of time? Reading your thread took about a minute and a half, and for that minor investment I've been rewarded with about four years worth of ways to make you feel inferior== seems like quite a bargain from my end.
Thank you for proving my point.

Quote:
Does that necessarily make us inclined to chill with lepers and child rapists?
Wtf? Not only does that have absolutely nothing to do with anything I said, but it also makes no sense at all.

Quote:
ready mental capability
Again, Thank you for proving my point.

Quote:
Also, I doubt your mind has a profound capacity for retaining and processing information, given that you lived to be over the age of four without learning to spell 'blunt'.
You are of course entitled to your opinion, however dont expect many people to add up to your godliness when you were able to spell on a 5th grade level at the age of 4.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #42
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
Lies!

Archlich - don't listen to her. We all hate each other here. I, for one, especially hate Saya!
I noticed thats about 10 flames ago, but thanks for the heads up. I hope we're cool now.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #43
Mir

Speaking for myself, at no point were we not cool.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #44
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Thank you for proving my point.
I know your thoughts are a little complex for your average joe, but could you do me a favor and explain how my saying "I don't spend hours searching for ways to ridicule you" proves your point that I spend hours searching for ways to ridicule you?

Quote:
Wtf? Not only does that have absolutely nothing to do with anything I said, but it also makes no sense at all.
It makes perfect sense. I'm sure everyone else is totally capable of understanding that metaphor, but I'll cut you some slack because your thoughts are so complex that sometimes you trip over them and shit.

Quote:
Again, Thank you for proving my point.
Again, could you explain how my illustrating that "having quick intelligence" is the DICTIONARY DEFINITION of smart verifies your conception of 'smart' as 'managing to spell' and 'intelligent' as 'processing information easily, but necessarily not so easily that you can learn to spell'?

Quote:
You are of course entitled to your opinion, however dont expect many people to add up to your godliness when you were able to spell on a 5th grade level at the age of 4.
'Blunt'? Fucking 'blunt'? That's a fifth grade reading level? It has one syllable. A single vowel surrounded by consonants. It's spelled exactly like it sounds.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #45
Mir

You must conceit that GM has a point. ha.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:56 PM   #46
ArchLich

I really dont care anymore, because honestly, nothing he or anyone else says can change who I am, or how smart/intelligent I may or may not be. I'm done with the pointless arguing.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #47
Mir

Chill out, homes. People will say what they want. You can either laugh about it, or cry about it. Your choice. It's more fun if you can sit back and laugh about it, though.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:35 PM   #48
Godslayer Jillian

[quote=ArchLich;537419nothing he or anyone else says can change who I am, or how smart/intelligent I may or may not be[/QUOTE]Yeah!
Teaching is so pointless to get people to learn shit.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #49
Mir

Everything is pointless.

Everybody dies.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:58 PM   #50
Godslayer Jillian

Amuse me:
Why does death turn life pointless? Why the fixation with permanence?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote: