Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-08-2006, 11:33 AM   #1
Child_of_Fury

Good evening...

Tiina's the name, martial arts my game, aside of drawing and writing. I come from Finland, and I've been here all my life - that's 18 preeeeeety long years, if you ask me. My hobbies, when getting more precise, are judo, kickboxing, drawing and writing short stories. And if I'm not at my desk, you'll find me in front of my PS2, playing Tekken or Final Fantasy.

I'm starting my last year in Sarkia High School the next fall, and next spring I will write English, mathematics, Finnish and psychology - I'm also considering Swedish, but I'll have to wait and see...

I love Lovecraft's and Stephen King's novels. I also enjoyed Thomas Harris's "Hannibal", but I wasn't too into his other books.

I don't watch much movies. I do, however, enjoy good horror films and action, but comdies - especially teen comedies, such as the Scary Movie series - make me feel sick. I despise them a lot. The old Akira Kurosawa samurai films or Alfred Hitchcock's movies go hand-in-hand with a successfull weekend. "Yojimbo" and its sequel "Tsubaki Sanjuro" are my favorites from Kurosawa. I also liked "The Crow" and "The Jackal", but those are from different directors (duh!).

What other questions you guys listed... favorite outfit?
Hmm... aside from the judo suit (judogi), which is very comfortable, I usually go with camo pants with a bullet belt, army boots and a black t-shirt. I move quite a lot during the day, so my clothes must be able to keep up with me without tearing apart.

My favorite bands at the moment are Helium Vola, Nine Inch Nails, Funker Vogt and Delerium. I also like Nightwish's older production, Stratovarius, Lordi (well.. due to the Eurovision) and Rammstein.

Looking forward to meet all the personalities around here. Cheers!
~ Child of Fury
Child_of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:56 PM   #2
Sanctus Dei

Yeah... hi...
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:58 PM   #3
Falken

ah... well... you did answer most everything in a well written way instead of just responding to it like a quiz... wish I had been so less structured in my introduction...

anyway... welcome...
Falken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:01 PM   #4
Godslayer Jillian

You seem interesting, but I'll have to judge you by your future posts.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:48 AM   #5
angel011

So far, you seem cool. Welcome!
Old 06-09-2006, 01:57 AM   #6
Nardol

Hi there. Akira Kurasawa rules the land. I personally like "Yojimbo" the best because of all the severed limbs and the dog in the beginning of the movie strollin' around with a hand in his mouth.

Teen comedies are awful and shall be outlawed when I become emporer.
Nardol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:01 AM   #7
Demonista_Ravenesque

Welcome.

Yeah, Welcome

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:01 AM   #8
angel011

What's an 'emporer'?
Old 06-09-2006, 02:44 AM   #9
Morrigan_Dubh