Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-06-2005, 09:40 PM   #1
Dr. Faust

Werewolves

Why is it, that no matter how hard they try (authors and movie producers) werewolves just dont have the sex appeal vampires do. Werewolf sex always comes across as beastality.
That having been said the book Blood and Chocolate is the best book on Werewolves I have ever read. It has some sexual elements in it and almost got me fired when I assigned it to some of my students back when I taught school. However, its more about fitting in and ostracism, then it is about sex or erotica. anybody read it?
Dr. Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:25 PM   #2
Kettu

I always had the idea that after sex, a vampire would say around for a while, but a werewolf would just maw, hump and leave.

so I guess it boils down to what type of sex you like.

a. one night stands
b. mawing and dry humping.
Kettu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:54 PM   #3
Dr. Faust

In the orginal tale of red riding hood, not the modern Disney PC version, there are sexual elements between the wolf and red riding hood who is not a little girl ,but closer to 14, just entering womanhood.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:50 PM   #4
Jane13

It's very strange... the modern American take on werewolves is actually quite different than the origional Slavic tales. Werewolves were usually trajic cases of good people being at odds with the village sorceror (in Slavic tradition, pagan sorcerors were usually regarded as a great power and respected, but officially shunned for their un-Christian ways). These werewolves were usually sad and submissive, howling at their families and neighbors so that they might be releived of their curse.

On the other hand, the sorcerors who willingly became wolves by way of rituals could not controll their wolflike nature and would go about killing people.

yadayda-this is probably going to be ignored because it has nothing to do with the sex question-yada
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:24 PM   #5
Manimal

I know when I used to play the role playing games I had a lot more fun with the Werewolf game than Vampire. Vampire characters always seemed so superficially dramatic whereas Werewolf characters were just regular people with not so regular issues - unless you were one of the extreme tribes of course then it was stereotype city.
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:38 PM   #6
Dr. Faust

Why does silver repel a werewolf? Because in Alchemy metals are associated with heavenly bodies and silver's astrological relationship is with the moon. The sun with gold. So why doesnt gold effect vampires like silver does werewolves?
Old 12-13-2005, 05:47 PM   #7
Wise Child

Anyone seen The Company of Wolves, based on the fairy tale by Angela Carter? - I love the bit just before the guy turns, where he's all, "I'm off outside to answer a call of nature". No shit.
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:02 PM   #8
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Faust
Why does silver repel a werewolf? Because in Alchemy metals are associated with heavenly bodies and silver's astrological relationship is with the moon. The sun with gold. So why doesnt gold effect vampires like silver does werewolves?
Well, actaully, pretty much the first time vampires were portrayed as having an aversion to the sun is in "Nosferatu"... Murnau replaced religious imagery with sunlight because he couldn't get the rights to Bram Stoker's book... same reson his name is "Orlock" instead of "Dracula.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 12-13-2005, 06:09 PM   #9
dreamforthedead

Has anyone seen Ginger Snaps 1? Ginger is hot... really even with a tail
lets me live my life like this..."
'Honey, this mirror isn't big enough for the two of us'
dreamforthedead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:13 PM   #10
Wise Child

Yeah I saw that!! The bit where they pierced her bellybutton brought nack painful memories...
Old 12-13-2005, 06:17 PM   #11
Jane13

Hey! Heed my nerdiness. Grrrrrrr. Yeah, I only saw "Ginger Snaps Back".. I thought it was pretty neat... at least, I think that was the one.
-Cinema Strange
Old 12-13-2005, 06:21 PM   #12
dreamforthedead

Is that the third one? Theres Ginger Snaps, unleashed i think is the *thinks* 2nd one. In Ginger Snaps Back is Ghost in that? I mean is that the one where she locks bridgette in the basement?
Old 12-13-2005, 06:23 PM   #13
Jane13

The one I saw was the one where there was that village that had that freakish little werewolf boy thing locked up and it bit Ginger... yeah.
-Cinema Strange
Old 12-13-2005, 06:41 PM   #14
dreamforthedead

I really want to see 3
Old 12-13-2005, 09:06 PM   #15
dreamforthedead

Quote:
Umm it doesnt repel/kill a werewolf either *sigh* read deeper into older books. And vampires are cool, immortal- special. Only some things can 'get' them
Old 12-14-2005, 06:54 AM   #16
Dr. Faust

I know that in the novel Dracual had no aversion to sunlight and could come out during the day;his powers were just weakened.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:29 PM   #17
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
Faust,

You may want to research your mythology as it pertains to this subject, and not quote the Universal Studio's take on the whole thing.
THANK YOU!
-Cinema Strange
Old 02-12-2006, 09:48 AM   #18
cannibalnuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
Anyone seen The Company of Wolves, based on the fairy tale by Angela Carter? - I love the bit just before the guy turns, where he's all, "I'm off outside to answer a call of nature". No shit.

I saw it four times to be precise. It was a good film in that it kept one on their toes.
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:07 AM   #19
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannibalnuns
I saw it four times to be precise. It was a good film in that it kept one on their toes.
Yeah... not talking to you till you answer your PMs.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Old 02-12-2006, 10:23 AM   #20
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
That having been said the book Blood and Chocolate is the best book on Werewolves I have ever read. It has some sexual elements in it and almost got me fired when I assigned it to some of my students back when I taught school. However, its more about fitting in and ostracism, then it is about sex or erotica. anybody read it?
Yeah,I did and I really liked it.It's a great book and gives werewolves a more human emotion-filled image.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:44 AM   #21
Dr. Faust

Did you catch the last name of the family involved in Blood and Chocolate and relate that to actual events in France during the middle ages?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:58 AM   #22
Lady Ravenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I always thought that Beauty and the Beast could be a reinterpreted werewolf story.
I agree...completly!

And as for the book, I think I have it, but I dont think I have read it yet. I guess I should dig it out...As for Werewolf sexual encounters...it could be hot, I guess...but I'm more of a vampire fan...
Lady Ravenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:34 PM   #23
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ravenna
I agree...completly!

And as for the book, I think I have it, but I dont think I have read it yet. I guess I should dig it out...As for Werewolf sexual encounters...it could be hot, I guess...but I'm more of a vampire fan...
I'm more of a vampire fan too,i just can't get enough of them...
Old 02-13-2006, 02:41 PM   #24
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
Did you catch the last name of the family involved in Blood and Chocolate and relate that to actual events in France during the middle ages?
Omg!!The Gandillion Family.I've read about them!!Couldn't the author of the book find another last name??Why did she choose a family that was once accused of being werewolves?Weird...
Old 02-14-2006, 03:54 AM   #25
wild spider

i think its because vampires have an androgoness (bah cant spell it) aperarence, so you can mold them in your head to be how you want. even if they apear to be dominant and in control of the sex it is only because the other person makes it so. werewolves on the other foot are wilder,less predictable, and harder to hold down in the imagination so the person they are trying to apeal to cant make it work for them so loose interest..

that made little sense. i know what i mean. fuck it im just chattin shit
wild spider is offline   Reply With Quote