Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-04-2009, 06:30 PM   #26
Mir

That's just the way she responds to people. I'm not a fan myself, but that's just how it is. She had a point, even though the way she delivered it was completely unnecessary. That's her choice.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #27
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
Had she put it across in a kinder way EternalCrimson would have kept open communication about the issue.
Wait, so because she isn't smart enough or mature enough to consider substance rather than style, Ophelia should be the one to blame for the conflict?
What the fuck is with society's obsession with a race to the bottom?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #28
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
Wait, so because she isn't smart enough or mature enough to consider substance rather than style, Ophelia should be the one to blame for the conflict?
What the fuck is with society's obsession with a race to the bottom?
No, of course not, I mentioned in the beginning of my post that Ophie was right. I said the point was not refutable (for all practical purposes. I know some one might say "let's say you were chased by a man with a knife, and you are drunk, and the only way to get away is to get in a car...").

I was trying to tell Ophie that if she wanted to persuade someone not to drink and drive she could have used a different method. I was not blaming her for anything at all.

But I understand your point. Some mistakes should not only not be tolerated, they should be vehemently condemned.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:46 PM   #29
Godslayer Jillian

I also understand your point, but that's why I'll tell you you don't fully understand mine.
It's not about there being things that should be wholesomely condemned.
It's that people get so bitchy by just 'bad language'
It's pathetic
As an example, I shall call you an idiotic cuntfisting cocksucking pre-teen spic rapist, and you'll see how idiots will only care about this last sentence as opposed to my actual opinion.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:46 PM   #30
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
That's just the way she responds to people. I'm not a fan myself, but that's just how it is. She had a point, even though the way she delivered it was completely unnecessary. That's her choice.
Anyone that grew up with an alcoholic parent would probably react the same way to a casual mention of drinking in an unacceptable manner. It is understandable. She is projecting her legacy contempt onto Eternal Crimson (I wondered about using his initials but EC always reminds me of Eccentric Cellist) and he doesn't understand her background, so is defensive.

But in the end, she is right.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:49 PM   #31
Mir

I grew up with an alcoholic, physically abusive parent.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #32
HumanePain

Quote:
I also understand your point, but that's why I'll tell you you don't fully understand mine.
It's pathetic
As an example, I shall call you an idiotic cuntfisting cocksucking pre-teen spic rapist, and you'll see how idiots will only care about this last sentence as opposed to my actual opinion.
Understood. You and I know that the last sentence is ornamental, and that the meat of your communication is prior. But there are people who are not as observant, not as gifted with the ability to distill what is actually said (I am NOT saying this applies to Eternal Crimson), maybe because they are young (a large number of members here are teenagers) and so to communicate so as to reach the "lowest denominator" in an effective way to reach the ultimate goal of persuading people not to drink, a less "offensive" delivery would have been superior.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:55 PM   #33
HumanePain

Quote:
I grew up with an alcoholic, physically abusive parent.
And yet you did not react with hostility to Eternal Crimson. Bravo. You have risen above your past. It took me 20 years to rise above mine.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:57 PM   #34
eternalcrimson

People (like myself and others for sure) use cursing when they don't know what else to say to convey their point.

I think it was "gallagher" once said that the only way to deal with stupid people is to get on their level which is what I was doing. I don't like going on that level unless I have to. I am not like this most of the time.
eternalcrimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:03 PM   #35
eternalcrimson

Since we are confessing I grew up with a alcoholic father (and family in general) too. I was also sexually abused by a neighbor and teachers at school. I know the pain that it brings but that is no reason to go out and attack people. I have tremendous disdain for people that are alcoholics but I would not past judgement either.

As humans we are all allowed to make mistakes. After all it's from mistakes that make us grow. I usually don't like using bibliacal quotes but "Judge not lest ye be judge and cast the fisrt stone".
Old 04-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #36
Mr E Nigma

I will agree, if she was trying to persuade eternalcrimson to not drink and drive or make other people do so she could've gone about her persuasion better...

But umm... I don't know if this was obvious or not, it seems as though it wasn't because the conversation went in a different direction, but I'm pretty sure she wasn't really trying to persuade him of anything. She just kinda told him to fuck off sort of speak, that's not word for word, but it gets the point across.

I'm no archaeologist but I don't think you really have to dig too deep into 3 words to figure out their meaning. So long as you take the general consensus of the denotative meaning of those words...

Just sayin'...

EDIT: Eternal... you might want to try spell checking or editing sometime...

And what happened to this being a Supernatural Experiences post?
Old 04-04-2009, 07:08 PM   #37
Mir

Quote:
Understood. You and I know that the last sentence is ornamental, and that the meat of your communication is prior. But there are people who are not as observant, not as gifted with the ability to distill what is actually said (I am NOT saying this applies to Eternal Crimson), maybe because they are young (a large number of members here are teenagers) and so to communicate so as to reach the "lowest denominator" in an effective way to reach the ultimate goal of persuading people not to drink, a less "offensive" delivery would have been superior.
That is why, sometimes it feels like people aren't interested in providing advice, or presenting their case, but exist solely to insult others'.

Now this may not be the case, but you lot have to understand that what HP is saying is accurate.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:15 PM   #38
eternalcrimson

Quote:
That is why, sometimes it feels like people aren't interested in providing advice, or presenting their case, but exist solely to insult others'.
That reminds. I want to apologise to anyone I might have offended. I am sensitive and when insulted.....well...I'm sorry
Old 04-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #39
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Anyone that grew up with an alcoholic parent would probably react the same way to a casual mention of drinking in an unacceptable manner. It is understandable. She is projecting her legacy contempt onto Eternal Crimson (I wondered about using his initials but EC always reminds me of Eccentric Cellist) and he doesn't understand her background, so is defensive.

But in the end, she is right.
It is completely inappropriate for you to claim that I'm angry about her/him encouraging her boyfriend to drive drunk because alcoholism runs in my family.

When someone tries to drive drunk, if you are there and do ANYTHING but stop them, you are a bad person. This isn't because I have alcoholism in my family, it's because I realize that driving drunk puts EVERY SINGLE PERSON around you at risk. People who do anything else need to be reprimanded.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #40
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
It is completely inappropriate for you to claim that I'm angry about her/him encouraging her boyfriend to drive drunk because alcoholism runs in my family.
I mentioned a possible explanation for the way you said it, not why you said it. In that context it was appropriate because I felt like saying it.

Why you said it is correct regardless of the delivery. It then became a discussion about the way you said it. That was the context for me mentioning your background (that you shared with us all earlier).

Quote:
When someone tries to drive drunk, if you are there and do ANYTHING but stop them, you are a bad person. This isn't because I have alcoholism in my family, it's because I realize that driving drunk puts EVERY SINGLE PERSON around you at risk. People who do anything else need to be reprimanded.
Agreed.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #41
Drake Dun

Quote:
Wait, I'm sorry...
Are you telling me that you forced a person who thought he was too drunk to drive into driving?

Fuck you.
Seriously. You are a bad person.
You don't understand! There was a GHOST in the house! It was imperative that she get out right away. Products of your own overactive imagination are much more dangerous than driving drunk.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:20 AM   #42
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun View Post
You don't understand! There was a GHOST in the house! It was imperative that she get out right away. Products of your own overactive imagination are much more dangerous than driving drunk.
haha... Eternal is a he... at least I think.. >_>
Old 04-06-2009, 01:30 AM   #43
Duane

Makes no difference man, she shouldn't have asked her ex to drive her home, or anywhere for the matter.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:40 AM   #44
blackwater1110

Quote:
It's pathetic
Dude that's fucked up. HumanePain is trying to resolve a dispute between two of the board members; he doesn't need to have to concentrate on defending himself, too. HumanePain is one of the oldest members on these boards, you could show a little more respect.

Also, that's a good point, Duane.
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:58 AM   #45
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwater1110 View Post
Dude that's fucked up. HumanePain is trying to resolve a dispute between two of the board members; he doesn't need to have to concentrate on defending himself, too. HumanePain is one of the oldest members on these boards, you could show a little more respect.

Also, that's a good point, Duane.
Haaaa.
I like you.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:47 AM   #46
KontanKarite

Several years ago, in what may have been over a decade, a boy had a dream.

In the dream, he saw a beautiful girl. She was quiet, shy, and possessed an earthy charm that hinted at a secret strength that would compel him to be only the greatest he could ever be. In her smile and in her embrace, the fibers of the uncertain and cold world would melt away and reveal the only truths worth knowing.

He awoke that next day finding it difficult to remember the dream in all of her entirety but was content with the feeling of warmth and security that it left him feeling for the day... or for the rest of his days since.

Over a decade ago, a girl with dreams and desire sought to create in words and in ink, the perfect man.

He was not overly tall, his hair was dark and shaved close to the sides in the shape of a fin and all of his attire was made in some way by his own hands. He was a fine man. One who feared nothing and when he did fear, he would find the courage to endure what must be done. She knew he would love her through the good and the bad, forever and ever. He was her protector and he was her liberator.

On one magical night, a boy met a girl in a speak easy bar. The boy thought little of her at first. Sure, she had a nice, down to earth kind of charm and was genuinely friendly and she thought he a silly boy in his flamboyant get ups, but she found him agreeable underneath his translucent glamor. He asked her for an audience for a night and she accepted.

On that night, the boy and the girl had a black date. Djarum Blacks and Jack Daniel's Black was shared amongst the two. As the night progressed, he went home with her. They both noticed something curious about that day and night. They were being followed by hawks and crows and whenever they had arrived anywhere in the city, the bells would toll, signaling their arrival.

Upon arrival into her room, the boy noticed HIS pocket watch laying on a nearby night stand.

"My pocket watch... How did you get that?", he inquired.

"It's not yours. I got that pocket watch a long time ago while living in England.", she replied.

"Strange... I have this exact watch. The very exact same one.", He pulled it out of his pocket and indeed, it was the exact same watch, mark for mark and shape for shape. In the distance, church bells rang and the wind started to pick up. They found solace and comfort in each others arms that night.

Days would go on and the boy started feeling a strange tug of deja vu. He knew her from somewhere before. He knew her longer than a trifle few days. Somehow, he was compelled to feel strongly for her despite all logic and reason. He knew of her. He knew she would only inspire the best in him and he did not falter in his honor. Autonomy and love was his only intentions.

In the following weeks, the boy grew to be the man he should be and in so, gained more than just his manhood, but his faith had returned to him. Once again, magic was in his life. The universe and the world was once again, constructed of whispers and silent truths, as the good book had said, "In the beginning, there was the word."

One day, the girl sought to show him something she had been meaning to for a while. She dug through her old books and fairy writings. In the pile, she produced a small excerpt of a book she was writing and within the words and the pictures, there was a perfect likeness to the boy. It was the writings of her perfect man. Every detail described him perfectly.

"I must admit something to you, sweetheart. I've known of you for over a decade. I have dreamed of you. You are the girl in my dreams who inspires me to do good, who compels me to be the best I can be. I love you."

There are other details in the story that I don't care to elaborate on right now and even finer details on what I have already said. In short, in the story, there is also a doll made by the girl that was charged with nothing but her love and benevolence and a desperate and selfish atheist sorcerer who bound the doll in black magic and banished all the good she had put into it, no doubt bringing a manifestation, the fall of his beloved friend from the graces of his beloved.

Some day, I may elaborate on this short and simple narrative. But as far as super natural goes, I can think of nothing more super natural than the last two months of my life.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #47
Denchera

I think there might be a ghost in my bedroom. Whenever I'm sleeping, at certain times weird things start happening. The first time the door next to me opened by itself, I was sure it wasn't my cat because I looked on the ground. Then at night I hear weird noises inside my walls. I thought it was a rat, but it was too loud to be one. Then when the lights were off and I was on my Comp, a white figure just walked right in front of it. I don't think much of it, but I'd at least like to know what's going on here.
Denchera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:51 AM   #48
twistedsyn

I'm on Season 4 I think now.

XD
twistedsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #49
Anarasha

Quote:
Wait, I'm sorry...
Are you telling me that you forced a person who thought he was too drunk to drive into driving?

Fuck you.
Seriously. You are a bad person.
I agree. Fuck you.
Besides, letting him sit "a couple of hours to sober up" isn't enough if he's had enough to be drunk. It takes more than an hour to get just one beer or equivilent out of the body, depending a lot on body weight as well..
You put everyone around you at risk. And the thing that saddens me the most to think about would be, that it would probably not have been you and your ex who had gotten hurt if you HAD crashed, it would probably have been an innocent mother or father of children or the like. You disgust me.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #50
JCC

Bwahaha! I commend you on your inebriation! Encouraging your companion to drive the chariot in a state of drunkenness is very amusing indeed! I shall be telling the fellows at the baths of your wild adventures!
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote