Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:57 PM   #51
Saya

Shit Jack, he was in Europe too:

http://www.saultstar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3192828

So he's in prison now for two years, and then three years parole. You shouldn't have to worry, then, you can't get a passport while on parole and I don't think he can seek a pardon or file destruction.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:25 PM   #52
Saya

Oh wait, aren't you from Luxembourg?!!! That's where they found him :x

CREEPY CREEPY CREEPY CREEPY
Old 06-29-2011, 11:02 PM   #53
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Also, saying they have a mental illness is an easy claim, but I say that any act of violence or rrape or murder is insane, and by definition the perpetrators of all those acts could be said to be mentally ill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
Not at all. The only people who would be aroused by such material to the point they would actively acquire more and use it for stimulative purposes are those who are ill.
And the only people who could be excited by swinging an ax and chopping someone's head off and using that experience for stimulative purposes are those that are ill.

And the only people who could be excited by rraping a woman against her will and find that stimulating are those that are ill.

Do I need to go on? You see the problem with making allowances for mental illness. It becomes an all or nothing deal.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:50 AM   #54
CptSternn

Quote:
And the only people who could be excited by swinging an ax and chopping someone's head off and using that experience for stimulative purposes are those that are ill.

And the only people who could be excited by rraping a woman against her will and find that stimulating are those that are ill.

Do I need to go on? You see the problem with making allowances for mental illness. It becomes an all or nothing deal.
It is actually very different. I don't want to go into a huge explanation, but the bottom line is if that were true then there would be no insanity defence and there would be no mental institutions, you would just have prisons.

It all comes down to the ability to reason. Most murders have the ability to reason. In your example though, an axe wielding murderer may also be mentally ill, unless he works for say a mob boss and was ordered to use the item in question.

Even common r@pists may be ill and receive treatment, but again, not if they are sociopaths who engage in the behaviour during say a home invasion robbery or something along those lines.

Your example leaves out the finer points of what can be classified as ill. As a rule, most persons who are physically aroused by children are ill. It doesn't take an ill person to kill someone or even **** someone. Soldiers are not all mentally ill and the local high school jock who gets done for date **** is not mentally ill.

It again reminds me of the square/rectangle geometric theorem. A square is always a rectangle, but a rectangle is not always a square.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:19 AM   #55
Alan

Quote:

Uhh, yeah, psychopathic tendencies ARE an illness.
But murder and **** are acts, not symptoms.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:06 AM   #56
LexLuthor

Holy fucking shit this was obvious.
So he was in Luxembourg for the period of time between February 15th and April 27th?
LexLuthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:11 AM   #57
LexLuthor

Oh, Desp, I just got your message from like, the beginning of this month, I like the idea if you're still up for it.
Ask Supes for my email address.
LexLuthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:58 AM   #58
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Shit Jack, he was in Europe too:

http://www.saultstar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3192828

So he's in prison now for two years, and then three years parole. You shouldn't have to worry, then, you can't get a passport while on parole and I don't think he can seek a pardon or file destruction.
As if that prick was in my town while I was. The hostel they mentioned is literally 5 mins walk from my local bar...
Old 06-30-2011, 06:34 AM   #59
Xombie

He came to get you, Jack.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:49 AM   #60
Still Jack

What I simply don't get is why he would make the effort of hopping across the pond when I was such a horrible cunt to him. I mean, seriously, what was the fucking point in that.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:35 AM   #61
Timeless Rebellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
It is his fault for what he did I know, my thinking on it is that the sickness provided the temptation, it was his choice to give in.
First off, autism is not a sickness or an illness.
It is a mental handicap if anything.

Second off, that is just not true.
Autism has nothing to do with tempting someone to look at kids being abused sexually or any criminal acts of that magnitude.
If it did, I would probably kill myself.

What autism DOES do sometimes is that it makes it harder for a person with it to grasp morality because morality really isn't logical in the first degree.
It only becomes logical when you consider consequences, and that is something a lot of people with autism in severe degrees has a hard time doing.
But in the end, you are still responsible for your own actions.

What people with autism do well is gather facts. So he must have known what looking at child pronography could do to him in the end.
Also, I did not get the impression that he was struck so severely by it that he would be completely unable to consider other people.
So there really is no excuse on a logical or moral plan.

And while I believe you to be right in saying that his autism needs to be considered for eventual treatment for this, it is not relevant as an underlying cause, not even for the temptation.
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:14 PM   #62
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Rebellion View Post
First off, autism is not a sickness or an illness.
It is a mental handicap if anything.

Second off, that is just not true.
Autism has nothing to do with tempting someone to look at kids being abused sexually or any criminal acts of that magnitude.
If it did, I would probably kill myself.

What autism DOES do sometimes is that it makes it harder for a person with it to grasp morality because morality really isn't logical in the first degree.
It only becomes logical when you consider consequences, and that is something a lot of people with autism in severe degrees has a hard time doing.
But in the end, you are still responsible for your own actions.

What people with autism do well is gather facts. So he must have known what looking at child pronography could do to him in the end.
Also, I did not get the impression that he was struck so severely by it that he would be completely unable to consider other people.
So there really is no excuse on a logical or moral plan.

And while I believe you to be right in saying that his autism needs to be considered for eventual treatment for this, it is not relevant as an underlying cause, not even for the temptation.
People for some reason keep thinking I am saying autism is a sickness, please stop that. Please remember that I am on the autistic spectrum myself, so I would never make such a stupid comment as I would only be insulting myself in the end. On top of that I would say that as an autistic I have no trouble whatsoever making moral decisions.

The sickness I refer to is the sick perverted part of whatever person's head that gives them pleasure from looking at or abusing children sexually, NOT AUTISM(I cannot emphasize that enough it seems). That pleasure is perverted in the worst sense of the word and is what needs to be treated. I was never saying this sickness is an excuse. But if the sickness that enables the person to gain such sick pleasure can be treated at all, at least it will be easier for the person to resist their sick urges.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #63
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
What I simply don't get is why he would make the effort of hopping across the pond when I was such a horrible cunt to him. I mean, seriously, what was the fucking point in that.
He was looking for some Jack lovin.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:11 PM   #64
Timeless Rebellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
People for some reason keep thinking I am saying autism is a sickness, please stop that. Please remember that I am on the autistic spectrum myself, so I would never make such a stupid comment as I would only be insulting myself in the end. On top of that I would say that as an autistic I have no trouble whatsoever making moral decisions.

The sickness I refer to is the sick perverted part of whatever person's head that gives them pleasure from looking at or abusing children sexually, NOT AUTISM(I cannot emphasize that enough it seems). That pleasure is perverted in the worst sense of the word and is what needs to be treated. I was never saying this sickness is an excuse. But if the sickness that enables the person to gain such sick pleasure can be treated at all, at least it will be easier for the person to resist their sick urges.
Then I misunderstood you. Sorry about that.
I have an autism spectrum disorder as well.

I agree, treatment is the way to go.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:49 AM   #65
Grausamkeit

I think one of the things Ren was getting at was probably that if that Optern dude was autistic and some other pedos turn out to be autistic people might start associating autism with that kind of thing. It has nothing to do with it, but society has a habit of getting the wrong idea about things. People could see the social awkwardness of both and make an illusiory correlation.

I misunderstood at first too, Ren. Sorry hun.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #66
Timeless Rebellion

Autism already has a bad rep for being a bunch of low-functioning people who drool on themselves or socially retarded geniouses.

Not a lot of people have heard of the middleground that I suppose both Ren and I are on unless they have personal experiance with it.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #67
Grausamkeit

I know. Both of my kids are middleground. My daughter's a little higher functioning than my son, though. I have to deal with people when we go out in public and their misconceptions of it just being 'bad bahavior' because they seem mostly normally or not like 'Rainman'. I wish that there was some way that we could make a public announcement for the neurotypical people that 'Rainman' is nothing like what autism really is. Or on the flip side they think that autism is some kind of smart super power(again, I think it's due to that stupid movie).

Old 07-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #68
JCC

You mean to say Rain Man isn't accurate? Fuck.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #69
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
You mean to say Rain Man isn't accurate? Fuck.
Yep, the real guy actually was more recently diagnosed with something else.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #70
Corpsey

I always did wonder why he started the Picture Post again...

My condolences to Jack and Malice. Were you living there at the time he was in Luxembourg? I thought you'd gone to sunny England.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #71
Man In Room 5

I guess nobody remembers the thread he started about spying on people in the bathroom as a childhood memory.

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=14948

Notice how I tried to pull his leg in that thread and he was either so stupid he totally fell for it or smart enough to play along to maintain his loser image here. I remember speaking "off the record" with Pyre during her interviews for her goth paper that OM was smarter than he wants us to think. Pedos like to play dumb and adopt the loveable loser image to build trust and to convince us they are incapable of the technical ability required to download CP anonymously and store it secretly.

But, judging from the article, I guess OM needed more practice in the technical wizardry department. He should have spent less time worrying about Orgone and rewiring old rotary phones and spent more time learning to erase digital footprints.

And you guys wonder why I only come here to criticize anymore.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:22 PM   #72
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5 View Post
And you guys wonder why I only come here to criticize anymore.
I don't think anyone was wondering. Who are you again, sir?
Old 07-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #73
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
I always did wonder why he started the Picture Post again...

My condolences to Jack and Malice. Were you living there at the time he was in Luxembourg? I thought you'd gone to sunny England.
Yeah I am in the UK atm. But I was in Luxembourg for some of the time that the article claimed he was...
Old 07-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #74
Saya

I keep hearing the Psycho music in my head.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #75
Grausamkeit

It is creepy as hell! Glad he didn't get to you, Jack!