Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-24-2005, 02:59 PM   #76
morbidrose

i think gay's should be allowed to get married....but then again i'm gay and i think we should be treated fairly and just because someone loves a little differently that another person is no reason to say they can't marry who they love....
morbidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 01:48 PM   #77
drgnlvr

Aw geeze, Xng! *hugstight*

NO ONE should be assaulted while at school. Where the FUCK were the adults? That shit is illegal, no matter how you paint it. :cry:

Cold comfort, I know...but just remember, these morons are A) Stupid, B) Most likely hiding their own same-sex tendancies.

You know, this is what I don't get. If it doesn't directly interfere with your life, why should you care what another person's sexuality is?

I crack up at the lame "bestiality" and "child molesting" argument. There is no comparison. Homosexuality is between two consenting adults (or almost adults...either way, between two people capable of informed consent). How can an animal, or a young child give "informed" consent?

Big difference, IMO.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:37 PM   #78
Suiside_Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I wish I didn't believe in this, I wish I were another straight redneck... it wouldn't hurt. I wish I could hate.

No ya don't, hun. You're just upset....

NO ONE should ever make you wish you were different.

I can't imagine having to put up with anything like that... I never had to, being home-schooled and all.
Plus I never bothered to make "friends", so I never had to deal with people freaking out over my differences. If they did, I really never noticed.

I'm sorry you have to put up with crap like that... hopefully things will get better.

I know my words are pretty weak and meaningless.. but it's all I can offer.

Take care, doll. *hugs*

-M.
Inside you.
+++++++++++

http://www.myspace.com/social_phobic
Suiside_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:04 PM   #79
edible_eye

i hate that you got hurt - and yes, who the fuck hits girls other than punk-ass fags? tell him - only fags hit girls and then call him a fag. i'd like to get that kid's head between my hands and squeeze until it burst for hitting you. i'd spit on his shaking, crushed-head corpse.

mother fucker.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:19 AM   #80
drgnlvr

Quote:

I wish I didn't believe in this, I wish I were another straight redneck... it wouldn't hurt. I wish I could hate.
*hugs* Xng, you are so much better than they are. I wish I was there to hug you IRL. You sound like you need it.

And right now, you may not belive this, but the fact that you can't find it in you to hate like they do makes you an incredible person, and so much stronger than they are. Hate does nothing but use up energy uselessly, and closes the mind to real enlightenment.

Hate like that is born from fear, and (with apologies to Frank Herbert) Fear is a mind killer. When you give into that kind of hate and fear, you stop thinking. And like I said before, you're better than that.

Cold comfort, I know. I wish I had some wise words to use to help you through this, but just know that you have my heart, my caring, and my respect.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:48 AM   #81
CptSternn

X -

My advise is to stand strong to your convictions. People who attack gays do so out of either fear or ignorance. Either way they represent the worst of society, and know that they themselves will never amount to anything until they confront their own personal demons. You will see those who are the most anti-gay are so as they themselves are gay, but due to family/social probems, they are forced to remain in hiding and lash out at anyone who is able to come out and be happy.

Also, to those following this thread, we have a similar one in the politic discussion board on gay bashing, but alas, the anti-gay people on this site have hi-jacked it and turned it into a gay-bashing thread itself.

Slán
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 10:27 AM   #82
WolfMoon

Xng, dearheart, I wish I could be there with you.I admire you for being able to do something I would never be able to.I would've stomped the fucker's ass!I'm terrible at things like non-violence in the face of a threat.At least you had the presence of mind to remember the purpose of the day, love.

*BIGHUG*
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 09:28 PM   #83
WolfMoon

Yeah, that's mob mentality for ya.It makes an otherwise rational person a complete idiot.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:51 PM   #84
HerGhostInTheFog

gay marriage should be legalized
HerGhostInTheFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 11:35 PM   #85
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGhostInTheFog
gay marriage should be legalized
Pearls of wisedom.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 02:16 AM   #86
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:

I've discovered that most people are more asshole-ish when they're in a group.

I am VERY late finding my way here and I am sorry for that Xng.

That's so much fucking bullshit, there really aren't any words.

And your correct about groups, people in groups are 100% more likely to either A) Turn their head when someone else does something violent Or B) Participate themeselves simply because they do not want to be the only one NOT participating..

As I mentioned before I grew up in Houston, Texas. I lived for five or six years in ' Montrose ' which is a predominantly Gay part of town.

All the Jocks and Frat Boys from the Burbs used to get all liquored up on the weekends and drive down to the Montrose to find some ' Queer ' to beat up.

This of course was YEARS before such things as ' Hate Crimes '

I was driving back to my loft one evening during the Westheimer Arts Festival, which was a freak fest we had in the Montrose every summer. Lots and lots of fun, but thats another story.

As I turned onto the street near my loft I started to hear people yelling, and someone else screaming. I slowed my car and rolled down the window and could tell it was coming from nearby.

I pulled over and got out of my car and saw all the empty vendor booths closed down for the evening. As I started walking towards them, I saw the guys.

Three Frat boys kicking the living shit out of someone else..

I won't even repeat the things they were yelling..

This wasn't that long after a gay/mexican friend of mine had been killed from a ' Boot Party ' some skins decided to have on his skull. To this day we don't know whether they killed him for being 'gay' or 'mexican'.

Something just snapped inside of me and I started screaming as I ran at the three of them. I suppose they stopped because I startled them so much.

We all looked at each other for what seemed like an eternity, and then one of these assholes says; " Fuck this ******, let's go. "

They took off running, and just as quickly as all of this rage came on me, it drained away when I saw what was left of the man they had beaten to an unrecognizable pulp.

He was just a guy. An artist, selling his handmade pottery down there to make some extra money.

You couldn't even tell he was human anymore..

The sad thing is the police station was less than a block away. But the cops were so busy because of fuckheads like this, he never stood a chance.

Someone else stopped and went and called 911 for me.

All I could do is sit there with him, hold his hand and tell him it was going to be ok.

It didn't make any sense then, and all of these years later, it still doesn't.

It never will..

Guys like those bastards are the same ones who showed up outside the chapel of my friend Dan Mattatat's funeral to spit on his friends and family, because he was gay and he died of AIDS.

Poor Dan was so ashamed of who he was, and what happened to him, his parents didn't even know he had AIDS and was dying until he was dead.

It was so heartbreaking.

Of course there was more ignorance and more fear then there is now.

Much has changed since the nineties, but not enough.

But there has been much progress, and at least there is a wee bit more tolerance among people..

But there always be those pathetic, insecure pieces of shit that feel the need to destroy what they do not understand..

Those guys aren't even worth you spitting on Angel..

Karma will get them in a much more gruesome way than you, or any of us ever could.

You held to your convictions, and what you believed in, and THATS what matters.

They may have hurt you, but they couldn't touch the part of you and everyone else that they truly wanted to hurt.

That part is untouchable by any of them.

Your pride, your beliefs, your passion, is yours and yours alone..

They didn't lay a finger on that..

I am proud of you for staying strong, and not lowering yourself to their pathetic level.

Sending you lots of Love, just like everyone else, and I am so so sorry..

You did the right thing, hold tight to that..

During Vietnam, a Buddhist monk was asked what he would do if he was shot at for his peaceful protest against the war.

I will never forget his answer, and it took me years to understand it.

His answer was a simple one..

He said " If the bullets come, I simply will not be here. "

Don't be there ok?

We love you Pretty, and I'm here if you ever need me..

*Soft Hugs*
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 04:34 AM   #87
drgnlvr

Wow, EPS, that story just broke my heart. :cry:

*sniffle* Hell, I'm still crying.

I cannot, and never will abide that kind of behaviour, but you are a very, VERY brave woman. I don't know what I'd do if I were in your shoes, but I pray to whatever Diety watches over me that I would have the courage to do as you did.

You have my deepest respect.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:28 AM   #88
Ondine

gay marriage

I think gay marriage is a great thing. Straight couples are really good at fucking up their marriage but gays who are lifetime partners don't have the chance? Makes no sense to me. I say let them marry and of coarse let them adopt. Sometimes a gay household is more stable and functional than a straight one. Myself, I'm Bi as is My fiancee, And I love him to death for that. He understands what I've gone through beacuse he's gone through it as well. Some people think it's sick to be bi or gay, I think they're sick for being so closed minded and ignorant. If you're in love with whom ever you're with and you're happy then that should be all that matters. And all of those narrow minded people need to mind they're own bussiness and quit focussing on what everyone else is doing behind closed doors and definantly start focussing on themselves because they're obviously the ones with the problems. :roll:
Ondine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 09:36 AM   #89
Jane13

wow... anyone who reads this thread and doesn't think that equal rights for gays/bisexual people is an issue of civil rights has something wrong with them... seriously wrong. X, I love you for standing up for yourself, and for standing tall and taking unnecasary and cruel abuse... our school had a day of silence thing as well, and I wore the "Silence" sticker conciously, with my heart for my gay and bisexual friends that have to deal with that kind of barbarism... no one really bothered us though.... probably because half the school didn't know what the day was about, which is upsetting >.< EPS... I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am for your friend that was killed out of such hate, and you were brave to help that artist.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 11:02 AM   #90
AlKilyu

Good News Everyone!!

We caught the little bastard and I beat his ass.

I have since knocked him out and now he is laying on the ground, waiting to...

AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 01:44 PM   #91
WolfMoon

Yes!

Pee in his eye and blind him!Or just kick him in the head......a few hundred times.

:twisted:
Old 04-18-2005, 01:43 AM   #92
skoteinh

Xinguela darling, how are you today?

I am sorry that I haven't responded to this earlier, I have read the posts over and over again, and I am truly sorry for what happened.

It's just that this whole situation seems so alien to me. I cannot believe such behaviour would be allowed, in schools no less.

Here, homosexuality is not widely accepted, but I have not heard of such butality before. People mostly gossip, or avoid homosexuals, but beat them up? Come on! What you and EPS said made me sorry that I am a human being. I have many homosexual friends and no-one has EVER told me that they or anyone they know have been victims of such hatred.

People look at them strangely and whisper, or avoid letting them apartments and stuff like that. I am not saying that this is acceptable behavior, or that it's not hurting them inside, but at least they are not afraid.

Xng, I can only say: let the inner bruises disappear as quickly as the ones on your skin. You are a brave and intelligent woman and I admire you for taking a stand. Keep it up. People like you make me believe that we can change things for the better.

*Hugs*
Old 04-18-2005, 02:12 AM   #93
MrMaelstrom

Is that true Al? Did you really get the fucker?

There is a God.... er... there's some kind of conflict in that sentence, but hey... (so much for the hippy in me today)
Old 04-18-2005, 03:25 AM   #94
darkangel81

I am pro gay marriage. This not because i am a gay man but i think that everybody should be able to do what they want unless they hurt others in the process.
darkangel81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 04:49 AM   #95
creepylittleshit

I read that someone thinks most gay parents are better than straight parents. I have two mommies and the one who gave birth to me is a lunatic. I'm in no way gay bashing so please do not miscostrue my words. It s not the person's sexuality that matters.
creepylittleshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 06:20 AM   #96
Planewalker

Speaking of Gay Marriages............. Has anyone seen my Gypsy. Oh, where has my little latin love gone to. He said he would call.............he....He .....HE SAID HE LOVED ME. Oh, woe is me. If you are seeing this my love...............Please know that.....that....tttttthhthth......aaaaahhh hhahahahaha... (I weep)......blahhhhhhhhhhhhh....... PPPPPlease knnnnow......that I may have gotten a little out of hand with this one.....but your still my biatch!

:Note to viewer: Planeswalker and Gypsy are not homosexual .................................................. ..... It takes a bridgemaker a thousand bridges to become an engineer, but you suck one dick......
Planewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 04:24 PM   #97
Jane13

Planwalker! It seems like forever since you OR Gypsy posted... it's nice to see your words again!
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 12:28 PM   #98
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnlvr
Wow, EPS, that story just broke my heart. :cry:

*sniffle* Hell, I'm still crying.

I cannot, and never will abide that kind of behaviour, but you are a very, VERY brave woman. I don't know what I'd do if I were in your shoes, but I pray to whatever Diety watches over me that I would have the courage to do as you did.

You have my deepest respect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane13
EPS... I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am for your friend that was killed out of such hate, and you were brave to help that artist.
Thanks for the kind words you guys..

Sorry I am so late responding..

I like to think that any one of us would have done the same thing in my position.

The Hate Crime laws have helped somewhat, but the burden to prove "intent" have made many of these cases rather diffucult to prosecute. So I don't know how truly useful they really are.

On another note, Even though I know why, it still fucking pisses me off that crimes against women such as **** are NOT considered Hate Crimes.

Women are brutalized daily simply because they are women, and the sentences these bastards receive are laughable.

Just doesn't seem fair, but then again, not much does these days..

Hugs..
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:02 PM   #99
MrMaelstrom

Gypsy? Latin?

No way!

Not if I go by the pics I saw....
Old 04-20-2005, 10:16 AM   #100
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
Gypsy? Latin?

No way!

Not if I go by the pics I saw....
I believe he's said he's Spanish,babe.

There goes yer memory again.Don't forget the ginko.

:wink: