Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-22-2005, 09:03 AM   #1
BlackElvenTear

Letters which never reached their addressee

I'd like this to become a place, where you can put the letters to you’ve written and never sent off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend...
Do you know who I am? I don't think so. I feel I'm a stranger to you, same as you are to me. When you said to me that you loved me, I know you didn't lie. Nor did I lie when I answered you, using the same words. But I suppose that in fact the both of us did lie! How can you love a person you don't know? Any second, the person you think you love, can turn out as a person you cannot understand at all, a person with qualities making it impossible to love her.
My dear, why don’t you stop to think about what you’re doing? Why do you have to jump headlong into unknown waters? Listen to me, and wait a moment. Wait and get to know me. Wait and listen to your heart. Wait and let us take our time, before we’re connected to closely to release each other without too much pain.
Don’t be angry with me, for my not declaring you my immortal and everlasting love, but warning you. You’ll see, it’ll better for the both of us.
BlackElvenTear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:39 AM   #2
BlackElvenTear

Dear P.
So long I haven't written to you, and now I find you're gone. Once you were within my reach and I didn't take my chance - I'm sorry. If I can ever find you again, please promise me that we'll meet, at least one last time. I know very well, you've always been too much ahead of me, you could have never become happy with me but I miss you so much, your smile, your coruscating wit, the extraordinary diligence you payed everything you did.
Where are you? Why did you have to leave my life?
Old 12-23-2005, 11:34 AM   #3
tenet_2012

Good idea.

I don't do melodramatic crap like this, but good idea, nonetheless.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 06:47 PM   #4
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012
Good idea.

I don't do melodramatic crap like this, but good idea, nonetheless.
http://home.hst.net/~petra/SMILEY%20...teien/rofl.gif
Old 12-23-2005, 09:27 PM   #5
Kettu

I really don't be to rude and forgive me if i am, but what the fuck is this about?
Kettu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 09:54 PM   #6
xXambivalenceXx

Well, in case you're a bit too dense to figure it out, you post letters you've never had the balls to send out. Unless, of course, you don't have the balls to post them. In which case, the thread is useless.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:39 PM   #7
AlKilyu

Wow. xXambivalanceXx DID send out her letter, in a mass mailing, and I believe it read

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/2...dletter2jy.jpg

Nicely done.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 02:34 AM   #8
tekajo

When i finally go home, i'll look through my computer, i know have at least one.

Why not?
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 02:41 AM   #9
BlackElvenTear

well, maybe the person you'd like to get that letter you are supposed to post here (if you want to) can't get it any longer (for what reason whatsoever)...I thought it could be a nice idea - but don't make (too much) fun of this thread, please!
Old 12-25-2005, 09:32 PM   #10
xXambivalenceXx

All words in parenthesis are (not) to be ignored. **Hehe**

Ever heard of (maybe, ya know) appositives and commas?
Old 12-26-2005, 10:41 PM   #11
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXambivalenceXx
All words in parenthesis are (not) to be ignored. **Hehe**

Ever heard of (maybe, ya know) appositives and commas?
You are probably right, but I write like I talk and I often times interrupt myself to explain something, sorry.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:50 PM   #12
xXambivalenceXx

My comment was not directed to you, Alkilyu, but... Okay.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:47 AM   #13
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
What the fuck are you trying to say? Seriously. Christ.

As to the original idea- why th efuck would I care to post that shit here? Besides, fuck that passive aggressive nonsense. Go Listen to Alanis' "Unsent" and get it out of your system. then suck it all up and be a man, and tell them in person.
something tells me that a few shots of whiskey, a wrestling match and a game of 'cry uncle' - punching each other in the arm until one of us bows out - would be a decent date in your book.

and that's fuckin' hot.

let's have sex.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:45 AM   #14
Godslayer Jillian

Please, don't make fun of this thread, I like it.
Ok, I'm going to post a letter I wrote, but not that I never sent it, but that I haven't sent it.
It's adressed to the love of my life. His brother goes to my school, and that's the only way I can reach her besides internet, so I'm going to send her this letter after christmas break.
I'm gambling too much with posting this, because I doubt no one will make fun of me, but I want it to be perfect, so I'm asking for approval.

Ok, so the point is that I was looking for a Christmas gift that meant something, unfortunately, everything she wants, she already has it, so I didn't know what to give her, but then I came up with this letter, a rose, and mistletoe to express my love for her.
Ok, so the letter goes like this, and just one more thing, it may not sound as good since I'm translating it:

Ana, my love, I write this with my heart because I just can't, and won't, take you out of it.
Before anything, merry christmas, my darling. I have been looking for the perfect gift. Something that has not only value, but also meaning.

With this letter, your brother must have given you a rose.
I have been searching for the perfect rose for the perfect woman. Since I found it, I have taken care of it like a daughter, because to this little flower, I have put all the love I have for you. This rose represents my love for you, and it never withered in my hands.

Also, you should hav recieved a mistletoe; the same mistletoe I had on top of me while writing this letter, because here am I, your little admirer, hoping to someday give you my lips just as I have already given you my heart.
I love you, Ana
Always yours and eternally with love
Alan

So, how about it?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:29 AM   #15
Godslayer Jillian

whew, I was embracing myself expecting the first response to be a mocking one, hehe

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:35 AM   #16
Needled

I think it's pretty good. Ana is a lucky girl, I can't imagine ever me ever receiving a letter like that...lol
Needled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 11:09 AM   #17
Godslayer Jillian

hehe, thanks

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 01-02-2006, 09:30 PM   #18
Godslayer Jillian

But Needled, darling, you're too beautiful as to not deserve, and get, a romantic fool to love you.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 01-03-2006, 12:13 AM   #19
Godslayer Jillian

Well, it seems I DID put these letter in the right place. I'm sorry if I just burden you with my story, I mean, I know it's my problem, but I feel I have to get it out.
Any hope I have expected to have with Ana has been relinquished from me.
She just wants me as a friend (why does that sound extremely familiar? Oh, yeah, because I have heard it dozens of times!!!)
You know how there's always that guy which is every girls' best friend, but never a boyfriend? That's me.
Now, combine him with the guy that falls easily for a woman and feels shattered at the end, and you'll understand what I feel.
Nice combintion for someone who comes from a family with suicidal tendencies.
I don't blame her, but why does it alway have to be this way?
More often than not, I even give the woman I have a crush for, advice with her new boyfriend, I think that's happened thrice
I don't blame Ana, she's a goddess.
But what do I do? I need to blame someone, but I couldn't handle blaming myself, though it makes sense, she was always clear she only wants me as a friend. But everytime I heard her say: "I love you" my heart ignited with the power of suns. I could do anything for her and would do anything for her.
I think that's why I hate that people use words such as love so lightly. She loved me, but as a person loves his family, not as a woman loves the man that would forever love her in return.
I'm not even sure why I wrote this. Why burden you with my story?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 01-21-2006, 11:09 PM   #20
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
Jillian, there should be more people out there like you in the world. In my opinion, you sound like a sweetheart, and she would be a fool to let you go. It really ruffles my feathers when other girls like myself ignore these gifts of the soul. They never realize what a wonderful thing that they have there waiting for them until it's entirely too late...
If I were in her shoes, I would definitely fall under your spell *grin*
I wish you the best of luck *wink*
Surgeon Méchant De Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 01:08 AM   #21
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Tommy,

This is going to be an extremely hard letter for me to write, but I thought that I should write it - at least you'll have an answer to your question as to why I left instead of stayed.
The main reason is that I fell in love. I fell in love with a man that really, truly, and honestly loves me back. I fell in love with a man that is honest, and giving. I fell in love with a man who truly loves me for me. He was a free man when he met me, and you were not.
Okay, I know you're going to say that you loved me, but we know the truth. We both know that you didn't love me, and to this day you still don't love me. In truth, we really didn't have anything. Everything we had was based on a lie, and it wasn't a lie that I was willing to live with, regardless if you had someone or not.

The fact of the matter is that she is your wife. You loved her enough to drag her all the way to city hall, even when she professed that she had cold feet, and really wasn't sure if she should marry you at all. That should have been your sign to pack your bags and head back to Norway. You stayed though because you thought that you loved her, and you thought that you could make things work. You wanted to be her lover, her husband, and be a good role model for her children. You wanted to be her everything. I admire you for that, and I think it took huge balls for you to do it.
You even told me once that deep down that you knew it probably wouldn't work, but you were willing to risk it for the sake of love.
This is the real world though, and things are bound to happen, such as infidelity. You knew it the first time you saw her sitting alone at the computer with her hair fixed, with makeup on.
You collected your evidence, which further proved her infidelity. The only thing that was in your favor was my incredible naďveté, and the incredible amount of pity that I had for you. I became your rebound girl - and for much too long.

Revenge was confused as lust, which in turn was confused for love. We really didn't have anything to begin with, you and I. There is no love without trust, and no passion without love. Everything you said was not out of love, but the vengefulness you felt seeing your wife profess her love to someone other than you.
You said you had to wait for the government to process your application for a greencard to live in the United States permanantly. You said that you would take the evidence that you had gathered off of her computer, and use it against her in court - we would be free to be together, hold hands in public, and make love without guilt.
You told me for a total of six long months. I knew that you couldn't have your cake and eat it too. I got tired of hurting myself, and hurting your wife -and in the long run- hurting you.

We wouldn't gotten into that mess if you hadn't been a coward that night. You should have confronted her instead of just watching her from afar. It would have changed things so very dramatically if you had done so. Maybe she would have seen how much you still cared then, and would have dumped that stupid Scot. The both of you probably would have reconciled, and got on with your lives. Or, she would have divorced you, and you probably would have to go back to your home country. Either way you would have been much happier, and would have been able to go about your life without having to get yourself into this sort of situation. I admit, I should have stood behind what I said about us being friends. I had no right to be there that night. The person who should have been there was your wife.

I started to dissapear because I felt guilty. I didn't want to invest any more time into someone who wasn't mine to begin with in the first place. I didn't want to invest any more time being someone's tool for revenge.
During the time that we spent apart, I met the man who was to be my husband. He is a great, and honest man. He's a real romantic, with a tender heart and a giving soul. Not only that, but he's an intellegent and thoughtful man who knows the meaning of love. He shows me every day...
He's never made me feel unclean, or dirty as you have. Or as unwanted as you have. He's not afraid to say how much he loves me, and he's not afraid to show me either. He doesn't force me into things he knows that I don't want to do - he has too much respect for me as a human being to put me through such bullshit. Never once did he make me feel like some kind of cheap whore like you did... Ever!
It wasn't a very tough decision to make, and the way you had treated me made it even easier to make it.

I have finally listened to all the phone messages, all the e-mails, and all the letters that you've sent to me via snail mail. You tirelessy professed to your "undying" love for me, and scolded me for being impatient. You said that your paperwork had not been processed yet, and that all I had to do was wait until that happened, and then you would be a free man. You said that as soon as that happened that we would run off and be married. You told me time and time again that you wanted me to be mother of your children, and that you would be there every step of the way with me through the pregnancy.
Even after that you repeated that it would only be a matter of time, and your current wife would be out of the picture.
All I had to do was wait...
The fact is that I realized that I couldn't WAIT for you. I realized that I would always be WAITING for you.
I didn't have time to wait, Tommy. I know that I if I did, I would be waiting my life away; and that wouldn't be fair to me would it? You said it was unfair - but it was the only fair thing to do.

I want to let you know these will be the last, and final words that we exchange with eachother. I do not want to see you again as long as I live. If you have any more letters to send, I suggest that you throw those away, because they'll only get returned to their sender. I also would suggest that you do not call anymore, or send me letters. This also includes e-mails. Please do your best to move on with your life, because the last thing I would want is you waiting for me.

I will be the bigger person here and pray that the rest of your life turns out to be wonderful. If it so happens that you can't work things out with your current wife, then I suggest that you leave. If divorcing her means that you have to go back to Norway, then I suggest you do it. After you give yourself some time to heal, you'll find that love that you've been looking for, and you won't have to worry about her getting cold feet; and maybe you'll have that family that you've been wishing for. You will have moved on, and you will be much happier.

Wishing you all the best,
Jenn
Old 01-25-2006, 09:25 PM   #22
Godslayer Jillian

That was beautiful. Why didn't you send it?
Oh, by the way, don't worry about Ana and I, and don't call her a fool either, hehe. She's still the love of my life.
Anyway, I didn't give up, and I won't give up. I love her so, that I won't give up. I do know she feels something for me, I just need to see if that feeling can grow to love too

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 01-25-2006, 10:48 PM   #23
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Thank you. Believe me, I wanted to send it. I just felt that it would be proper if I just let things be, I really couldn't bring myself to talk to him anymore. I just thought it would be a good idea to remove myself from the situation as quietly as I could, with as little pain as possible.
Although, most of the cotent does come from alot of the conversations that we did have together - including me not wanting to wait for him anymore. Plus, I really didn't want to be the other woman anymore. I knew I was breaking up a home - whether it was happy or not, and that wasn't something that I wanted resting on my mind.
Plus, I found someone much more worthy of my attention and my time.

I'm very glad that you're still trying with Ana. *Smiles* I just wish more women would take advantage of the good thing that's staring them right in the face. They shove aside the very person who truly cares about them for the person who really couldn't give two shakes about them at all.
Just know that you're in my thoughts, and I wish you only the best. Hopefully she'll realize what a wonderful person she has waiting for her. Knowing how I am, I would already be swooning by now. *smiles*
Old 01-27-2006, 11:17 PM   #24
Godslayer Jillian

I hope it is real love, and if it's just a teen crush, I wish I'll be a teen my whole life.
After all, the greatest love stories of all times are by young people aren't they?
Romeo and Juliet were what, like 15?
Christine and Raoul from the Phantom of the Opera I think were like 17 (if I added the year of her birth to the year of the story in the movie)
Keats; well, he was a little older than I, but 26 is still young, and even younger to die at that age

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 01-29-2006, 11:56 AM   #25
ennui

People, it is called release. If you don't like the thread, don't bother reading it.

For those that engage in the writing of letters they will never send, may I suggest an additional option? Write what is in your heart, what hurts, what angers you, etc. and then take this paper and burn it. As you watch the smoke billow upwards release your anger, hurt, pain, etc into it. The intention is that you are free of these things. They serve you no purpose, so why not remove them from your spirit. If you're too lazy then focus on this intention when you hit the "post" button here.
ennui is offline   Reply With Quote