Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:43 AM   #1
Opteron_Man

Greetings!

Greetings, I'm back!

I had to take a break from Gnet for a few weeks. Before I left; I was acting really foolish and saying far too much nonsense. Not to mention; being a total jerk to everybody. Uuuuhhhh, and the stupid threads I made! *groan* Lol!

Really, I don't blame anybody for being pissed off at me. I was acting like a real self centered PRICK I guess. I don't like who I was.

Anyways if it matters, I'd like to say that I feel much MUCH better now!
I delt with a bunch of shit, pulled myself out of the depression. I took the valuable advice I learned from people here and outside Gnet; and I put it all into practice.

I enjoy this site too much to go away for good, so here I am!

A warm thanks to the members who helped me and said kind words.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:18 AM   #2
Lady Christine

Welcome Back!
Lady Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
Duane

It's not as easy as leaving for a couple of weeks, and then coming back and making a new intro. Welcome back, though.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Welcome back man. Read much, post little, and when you post make it quality stuff.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
KontanKarite

God, it's like G.net has idiot herpes.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
strange_pleasure

It's good to take time and work on yourself, I don't think anyone can fault you for that, regardless of wether or not they welcome you back.
strange_pleasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:20 AM   #7
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_pleasure View Post
It's good to take time and work on yourself, I don't think anyone can fault you for that, regardless of wether or not they welcome you back.
I agree strange_pleasure. I knew I'd recieve some sour "welcomes" from the more bitter members when I returned here. So I am not surprised in the least, nor do I care really.

However, I really appreciate all of the warm welcomes from the more mature, kind hearted, and level headed members. Those are the ones who make Gnet really special. Atleast I think so.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:21 AM   #8
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane View Post
Welcome back, though.
Thanks Duane
Old 05-17-2009, 12:22 AM   #9
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Christine View Post
Welcome Back!
Thanks! *smile* It's good to BE back!
Old 05-17-2009, 12:26 AM   #10
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
Welcome back man. Read much, post little, and when you post make it quality stuff.
HumanePain! Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, I agree; "quality" above "quantity". I sure did alot of thinking and fixing. Good to be back!
Old 05-17-2009, 12:27 AM   #11
Opteron_Man

I like your new avatar KontanKarite.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:08 AM   #12
Sir Canvas Corpsey

You read HP's post then you reply 4 fucking times instead of copying and pasting and inputting quote tags into one bigger post. Then you follow up a 5th time with some inane comment about the avatar of someone who doesn't like you, probably to get try and make amends, when it's not going to happen, especially with THAT kind of effort and attitude.

You obviously haven't learned a thing in your brief absence, not only that, but refer to the people who "like" you or "treat you okay" as mature, level headed, and kind hearted this implying the other to be immature, irrational and cruel, which is you just being a fucking whiney baby like usual, except this time you've attempted it slightly more subtly than your usual, blatant frothing at the mouth and moaning.

Quote:
Not to mention; being a total jerk to everybody. Uuuuhhhh, and the stupid threads I made! *groan* Lol!
Don't mock me with your shitty facade of returning a changed and charismatic person.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:50 AM   #13
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey View Post
You read HP's post then you reply 4 fucking times instead of copying and pasting and inputting quote tags into one bigger post. Then you follow up a 5th time with some inane comment about the avatar of someone who doesn't like you, probably to get try and make amends, when it's not going to happen, especially with THAT kind of effort and attitude.

You obviously haven't learned a thing in your brief absence, not only that, but refer to the people who "like" you or "treat you okay" as mature, level headed, and kind hearted this implying the other to be immature, irrational and cruel, which is you just being a fucking whiney baby like usual, except this time you've attempted it slightly more subtly than your usual, blatant frothing at the mouth and moaning.

Don't mock me with your shitty facade of returning a changed and charismatic person.
I am not mocking you, infact, untill you poped up here with this; I actully forgot you existed, lol! I commented on the avatar because I liked it, not to make "amends" of any kind what so ever. I am well aware that he doesn't like me, that's perfectly okay with me. You read FAR too deep into my words. Chill out.

Also, I didn't say anything about suddenly being charismatic.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:18 AM   #14
Opteron_Man

Quote:
You don't understand that I was deeply depressed for a long time (nearly a year). I am not actully putting up any kind of facade, I licked that depression with some outside help and now I am not weighed down anymore. I did some heavy thinking (yes I can do that) and I thought about how stupid, and out of control I was behaving. I didn't like where that was heading, so like any other human being, I am dusting myself off, learnning from my mistakes, accepting my limitations, and putting what I retained into practice.

I wouldn't have offered this information but when you nastily replyed on my thread, I responded. I don't want you to like me, that is never ever going to happen. That is clear. I am just saying this in my own defence.

I sure am not expecting anybody to welcome me with open arms, I just wanted to come back, not sneak back.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:29 AM   #15
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I'm going to break this down for your benefit:

Well you weren't mocking me directly (no fucking way!) the post presents a general mockery of us, you're trying to present this repentant and likable new person that hardly anyone with half a brain (or who isn't kind to the point of fault) will believe is real. I simply personalised it for the sake of my post.

If someone doesn't like you, WHY are you talking to them in any shape or form, if they don't like you, they don't want to hear from you, about ANYTHING.

I don't think I'm reading too deep at all, what you posted was emotional, I'm simply drawing out the aspects of it.

When you maintain a stable social life that doesn't end in you drowning in an emotional quagmire because things didn't go your way, for three months (only three months!? I know I set the bar low) then you can tell me to chill out.

You don't have to actually say something to "say" it, the fact you think you're charismatic and a "cool" person that people will want to talk to you now is implied in your posts.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:36 AM   #16
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man View Post
You don't understand that I was deeply depressed for a long time (nearly a year). I am not actully putting up any kind of facade, I licked that depression with some outside help and now I am not weighed down anymore. I did some heavy thinking (yes I can do that) and I thought about how stupid, and out of control I was behaving. I didn't like where that was heading, so like any other human being, I am dusting myself off, learnning from my mistakes, accepting my limitations, and putting what I retained into practice.

I wouldn't have offered this information but when you nastily replyed on my thread, I responded. I don't want you to like me, that is never ever going to happen. That is clear. I am just saying this in my own defence.

I sure am not expecting anybody to welcome me with open arms, I just wanted to come back, not sneak back.
No, I do understand that you were deeply depressed, however breaking free of that depression does not logically justify this attitude. You haven't become "happy" or not as "sad", your core personality dynamics have shifted.

I've seen enough people suffering diagnosed depression (Y'all are going to have to trust me that this was the real deal) and from pre-depression, to in depression to post-depression while their life was generally disrupted those core dynamics did not change.

I wouldn't be saying this if it wasn't for the fact I KNOW you're not saying things naturally, you're forcing a different and unnatural (for you) persona forward to say things for you. Whether or not you intentionally do it is another issue entirely, but no one can be so unaware of the masks they wear, can they?
Old 05-17-2009, 06:32 AM   #17
Opteron_Man

Quote:
No, I do understand that you were deeply depressed, however breaking free of that depression does not logically justify this attitude. You haven't become "happy" or not as "sad", your core personality dynamics have shifted.

I've seen enough people suffering diagnosed depression (Y'all are going to have to trust me that this was the real deal) and from pre-depression, to in depression to post-depression while their life was generally disrupted those core dynamics did not change.

I wouldn't be saying this if it wasn't for the fact I KNOW you're not saying things naturally, you're forcing a different and unnatural (for you) persona forward to say things for you. Whether or not you intentionally do it is another issue entirely, but no one can be so unaware of the masks they wear, can they?
I didn't know you knew about that. Well you caught me; I AM forcing myself, none of this is natural to me at all. I am forcing myself to think differently, and do things differently. Forcing everything. I want to change so badly, I am reading how to talk to people, to act to make friends. To be likeable. The person I turned into, I don't like him. So I am trying to change. I don't know if I will succeed, but I will try. I rewrote this five times now, I can't explain this right. Sorry. All I want is to blend with people, and stand among my peers and be accepted. I am tired of being so confused and sorry and alone.

I am doing everything, to read the advice that I am being givin here and everywhere else, to remember it all. To understand how people work, and how I should behave. There are so many things I don't understand, but I want to understand! I don't know what else to say. I am sorry I gave you attitude.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:32 AM   #18
viscus

Opteron Man was gone?

Oh well, whatever.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #19
Duane

Dude, a person that deep in depression doesn't just bounce back in a couple of weeks. It takes months to get out of it... are you taking prescription anti-depressants?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:34 AM   #20
KontanKarite

I simply don't understand why he apparently NEEDS this forum.

That's the cold sad truth about it in essence. He needs this forum.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #21
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
I simply don't understand why he apparently NEEDS this forum.
Because he's probably this lame in real life?
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #22
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man View Post
I didn't know you knew about that. Well you caught me; I AM forcing myself, none of this is natural to me at all. I am forcing myself to think differently, and do things differently. Forcing everything. I want to change so badly, I am reading how to talk to people, to act to make friends. To be likeable. The person I turned into, I don't like him. So I am trying to change. I don't know if I will succeed, but I will try. I rewrote this five times now, I can't explain this right. Sorry. All I want is to blend with people, and stand among my peers and be accepted. I am tired of being so confused and sorry and alone.

I am doing everything, to read the advice that I am being givin here and everywhere else, to remember it all. To understand how people work, and how I should behave. There are so many things I don't understand, but I want to understand! I don't know what else to say. I am sorry I gave you attitude.
If you want to be "happy", be "happy" as yourself not as someone else.

That is all.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:02 PM   #23
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
Because he's probably this lame in real life?
Old 05-21-2009, 10:07 AM   #24
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E Nigma View Post
*facepalm*
Old 05-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #25
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
God, it's like G.net has idiot herpes.
That response was particularly effective given your picture at the moment.