Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 02-21-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
Catch

Black History Month

Black History Month is here again. Time to discuss famous Afro Americans again. I guess the month is okay, though most people only get a day. In addition, we did learn about afro americans in history. However, I guess maybe it is a good idea. What's your opinion?

Staring it off, Langston Hughes is a famous black author, poet and English professor who spent all his money to help other black folk have as much pride as he did. His family were upwardly mobile professors traveling the globe. Hughes understood there was oppression in the South, yet never felt bad about being afro american. He wrote comparing being black to a warm night sky. The stars representing the sparkle in someone's eyes.

A celebrated author who is a US Treasure, it seems like more people would and should know who he is. I particularly enjoy free-verse, comtemporary poetry with many appreciations towards black, though maybe different reasons.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
Occident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
a famous black author, poet and English professor who spent all his money to help other black folk have as much pride as he did. His family were upwardly mobile professors traveling the globe. Hughes understood there was oppression in the South, yet never felt bad about being afro american. He wrote comparing being black to a warm night sky. The stars representing the sparkle in someone's eyes.

A celebrated author who is a US Treasure, it seems like more people would and should know who he is. I particularly enjoy free-verse, comtemporary poetry with many appreciations towards black, though maybe different reasons.

Tell me something, Catch.

Why it is that a black poet/author/writer needs to be lauded while, according to current academic dogma, any white poet/author/writer must be branded a racist?

What EXACTLY did this so-called author/poet/writer accomplish that deserves such praise? Are you simply riding the multi-culti bandwagon
in a pathetic effort to spew more LIES of black history month? You do realize that most so called black inventions are actually
fabrications of history to suit the status quo right? Do you really think rational minded people will buy into this garbage of "black history"?

I see you enjoy free verse, which is another way of saying you enjoy total anarchy instead of an orderly society.

I also see that he's a treasury member; a clue perhaps to the financial incompetency and resulting disaster that your country is in.

I also see you seem to be very pro black. Why are the members of this board not calling this person out in being unfairly biased towards one race? This seems contrary to this board's philosophy of racial egalitarianism.

Well, white goths, where are you? Are you going to take this crap without speaking out against it?
Occident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
Mr.Doobie

^

Maybe if the only posts you made weren't inflammatory comments about race, it wouldn't be so painfully obvious.
Mr.Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
Solumina

Eh it's better than a lot of the trolls we have had lately, maybe it will do something entertaining.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote