Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:00 PM   #2801
Solumina

I hate working the early shift, there is very little to do this time of year and since Jake always works the afternoon/evening shift I have to pick between seeing him or getting enough sleep to really function. It doesn't help that we aren't allowed to even drink coffee at the desk (we have to go to the back room so that guests don't see us) so I can't even properly keep myself awake with caffeine.

*sigh*

At least I have a job so I guess I can only complain so much.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #2802
SiouxsiePernova

I have an excruciatingly painful ear infection and my jaw clicks whenever I open my mouth.

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #2803
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxsiePernova View Post
I have an excruciatingly painful ear infection and my jaw clicks whenever I open my mouth.
Get a hot water bottle and rest your infected ear on it! Thats how I deal.

Oh man except this one time where my ear was extremely swollen so I went to the doctor, and the nurse stuck the thermometer in the infected ear by mistake. No amount of hot water, ice cream or Princess Bride could console me.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:31 AM   #2804
gothicusmaximus

I'm really tired, but I can't sleep because I chugged like 40 Red Bulls in order to stay up all night and prepare for the ridiculous Nietzsche presentation I short-sightedly volunteered to deliver today. I'm still unprepared, and now I might collapse in the middle of mispronouncing 'Nietzsche'.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:22 AM   #2805
Wintermute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
I'm really tired, but I can't sleep because I chugged like 40 Red Bulls in order to stay up all night and prepare for the ridiculous Nietzsche presentation I short-sightedly volunteered to deliver today. I'm still unprepared, and now I might collapse in the middle of mispronouncing 'Nietzsche'.
Is it 'ni-etz-shee' or 'neh-teesh'? I always thought it was the former rather than the latter.

Also, what kind of a presentation? I like most of his writings, so I'm curious.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:04 AM   #2806
MissCheyenne

My sister is pregnant. On one hand I'm happy for her, on the other, I'm shocked to my very core that someone so terminally stupid could be allowed to breed. She can't look after the child she already has properly so I'm worried about what kind of mess she will get into with another. It's all made worse by the fact that her husband is equally as stupid as she is.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:03 AM   #2807
Still Jack

My mates flat got broken into and among things that went bye-bye, so did my camera. Now, this wouldn't be too tragic if I'd paid for it myself. But the thing is, It was given to me by a dear friend who is now dead. Thus pissing me off so.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:58 AM   #2808
Stormtrooper of Death

I really hate my computer class in college. So much basic stuff I already know. And so much homework. Damn it all to hell.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:02 AM   #2809
Tam Li Hua

My gums hurt. Stupid inflammation. >_<
Old 01-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #2810
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I am sicker today than I was yesterday, I woke up and couldn't even open my eyes they were so swollen.

I think I may have something more than a cold.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:08 PM   #2811
Lady_Alyce

Location: A lovely place where the humidity melts your makeup off.
This girl in my class, who is VERY rude btw, kept bragging about how her phone of only a few months got run over by her dad's car "on accident" and how her parents were going to buy her a new phone. The phone she "accidently" dropped was one of the latest on the market. This afternoon, her parents got her a new one that just got on the market. Then she calls me and all my friends and keeps on bragging about it. She's getting a mouthful and a dozen or so pranks from me, I can tell you that.
Lady_Alyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #2812
Cosmicgaunt

My six year old cousin almost died in hospital of Pneumonia last night.
Cosmicgaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #2813
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
Is it 'ni-etz-shee' or 'neh-teesh'? I always thought it was the former rather than the latter.
Neechuh.

Quote:
Also, what kind of a presentation? I like most of his writings, so I'm curious.
The Birth of Tragedy as I plan to use it in my term paper.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:54 PM   #2814
Wintermute

Seriously, they might as well have just changed their last name to forty F's in a row.

"My name is Friedrich FfffffffffffffffffFFFFffffffffffffffffff--FfffffffffFF--f-fffffffffFFFFF--FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF---FFffffff----FFFFFFFFFF!"
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:29 PM   #2815
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal Logic View Post
So I just came back to Colorado not very long ago, and was looking forward to going to The Church (it's an awesome dance club in an old gothic cathedral) on Sunday nights, which has long been my favorite venue out here. They used to host the ONLY 18+ Goth night in Denver (though I may be mistaken, I don't think so). Come to find out that at some point, no idea when, they changed the fucking rules so that you have to be over 21, which I'm not. So simply because I'm not of the legal drinking age (and have no desire to drink for that matter) I'm being denied access to my one haven of sanity in this fucked up town.

This is bullshit.

/rant
It's not bullshit. Kids ruin everything. Seriously. Now that I'm 21 I realize this.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #2816
Solumina

On the one hand most places have plenty of 21+ bars and clubs, on the other hand kids do fucking ruin things.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:55 PM   #2817
JethroAranas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Alyce View Post
This girl in my class, who is VERY rude btw, kept bragging about how her phone of only a few months got run over by her dad's car "on accident" and how her parents were going to buy her a new phone. The phone she "accidently" dropped was one of the latest on the market. This afternoon, her parents got her a new one that just got on the market. Then she calls me and all my friends and keeps on bragging about it. She's getting a mouthful and a dozen or so pranks from me, I can tell you that.
buy a 5110 nokia model and throw her right at her forehead. This model features a very hard case that could change anyone's perception about touchscreen shits.
JethroAranas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:49 PM   #2818
Nocturnal Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
It's not bullshit. Kids ruin everything. Seriously. Now that I'm 21 I realize this.
No, I totally agree. It's people acting like kids that cause shit like this to happen in the first place. But age and maturity are two different things entirely, and not inherently dependent on one another.

Simple fact is: I don't drink (I have a glass of wine now and then), I have no desire to cause trouble, and when I go to the club I pretty much want to be left alone and just dance. So how does it harm the 21+ crowd for me to be there?

I think I'm just going to find a place I can regularly set up my DJ equipment, and get a bunch of people together. If they're going to take Goth night from me, I'll make my own. Problem solved.
Nocturnal Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:13 AM   #2819
Razeal18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
My sister is pregnant. On one hand I'm happy for her, on the other, I'm shocked to my very core that someone so terminally stupid could be allowed to breed. She can't look after the child she already has properly so I'm worried about what kind of mess she will get into with another. It's all made worse by the fact that her husband is equally as stupid as she is.
i reccomend druging her after the baby is born and forging her signiture on the release to get her tubes tied. Seems a bit rough i know but i am currently related to a sad sack of shit sister (spoken with the greatest amount of love i posess) who keeps breeding. She is almost 30 and has 6 children. she only recently figured out how to cook and clean, and that children do not need to be encoraged to smoke. Stop this before it goes too far.
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:40 AM   #2820
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
No, I totally agree. It's people acting like kids that cause shit like this to happen in the first place. But age and maturity are two different things entirely, and not inherently dependent on one another.

Simple fact is: I don't drink (I have a glass of wine now and then), I have no desire to cause trouble, and when I go to the club I pretty much want to be left alone and just dance. So how does it harm the 21+ crowd for me to be there?

I think I'm just going to find a place I can regularly set up my DJ equipment, and get a bunch of people together. If they're going to take Goth night from me, I'll make my own. Problem solved.
Age and maturity aren't inherently connected, no, but too often for clubs to allow kids into them if they also want to serve adults.

Besides, say they take on the policy of "mature under 21 people allowed." People over 21 would still probably stop going. I don't care if you "don't want to make trouble," I don't want to party with teenagers anymore. So the real moneymakers (people buying booze) will stop going, and the club will fail.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:41 AM   #2821
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
BEST. POSSIBLE. ANSWER.

Win! I know it's not ideal, but it will do for now and could have the added bonus of being better than the events at The Church. Maybe you have some fun for a while till you turn 21 and can attend the Sunday gigs. Maybe you start a whole new Gothic renaissance in Denver. Maybe something in between happens. WIN!

Have fun!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:50 AM   #2822
skoteinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicgaunt View Post
My six year old cousin almost died in hospital of Pneumonia last night.
I'm so sorry to hear that Cosmic. How is she/he today?
Old 01-24-2010, 06:33 PM   #2823
Cosmicgaunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoteinh View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that Cosmic. How is she/he today?
Shes recovering now, but due to complications she'll have to remain in hospital for a few more weeks and will be more susceptible to it in the future.

In other news, I can't believe I got sunburnt yesterday while at the beach, considering the amount of suncream and shade I had.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:35 PM   #2824
Cosmicgaunt

"Requiem" - Two Witches
Old 01-25-2010, 07:25 AM   #2825
Amunet

Angry

I fucking hate ad bots.

::KILL KILL KILL::
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote