Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 02-26-2006, 01:41 PM   #1
Jane13

I have one now! Do I get a gothcard?

Hey, I'm Jane and stuff.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I'm a sophmore in highschool, and I wish I knew what I want to do with my life. My current plan is to develop new prostetic limbs that make it easier for disabled people to function normaly.

I like to play my violin, whose name is Vincent, after Vincint Price, Vincent Marcone, and possibly Te'Kajo ^^ I play classical and Hungarian folksongs, but I plan to learn some swing and bluesy-type songs with my friend who wants me to be in his jazz band. I also play recorder in a renaissance band. I know that's really nerdy, but it's a lot of fun.

Comic books are one of my favorite things... I love superhoeros like Spiderman, Batman, The X-Men, and The Flash, but I also like stuff like Jonny The Homicidal Maniac. I also draw a few comics of my own. If you like, you can read them at dannysfingers.deviantart.com .

2. Where are you from?

I live in a dinky hippy town in extremely southern Illinois... it could be cool if it were a Romero film, but the fact is... it isn't.

3. Who is your favorite author?

I like a lot of authors. Shelley, Stoker and Orwell are a few, but I often find myself liking myths and legends with no tracable author much better.

4. What are your favorite films?

The Cabinet of Dr.Caligari, Metropolis, Star Wars(especially ESB), Aliens 1 &2, Night of the Living Dead, Beetlejuice, Gremlins, Nosferatu, Shadow of The Vampire, The 'Burbs.... you know, good movies.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
hmmm.... I can be insufferably girly, so I have thought about this.
"I Will Never Surrender" by the Crüshadows
"Consolation" by Clan of Xymox
"There For You" by Wolfsheim
"Skindeep" by Clan of Xymox
"Zu Dir" remixed by Blutengel
"Butterfly: Dance!" by Diary of Dreams
.... I could go on and on.

6. At your funeral?

*shrug* Sopor Aeturnus, Tom Waits, and various classical and Jazz pieces.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

I want to be shot in the 1920's over money from a loanshark while I'm playing my violin in a smokey speakeasy.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

Like my violin's case... black on the outside, purpleish burgandy velvet inside.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

Anything with either my pinstiped fedora, welding goggles, bat-buckle pointy boots, 1920's looking heels, or my black and purple-pinstiped skirt.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

I miss having my brother at home. He left for college wen I was nine, and we used to watch superhero cartoons after school together. He was also always teaching me stuff about science and history.

11. What's your favorite band?

Golly gee... I like Clan of Xymox a lot... but I also like The Bauhaus, Cimema Strange, Switchblade Symphony, Rasputina and so much junk I don't feel like going on about...

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

Highschool sophmore. I guess I'll need a double major in some physiology field and engineering for the limb thingy.

13. Why did you join?
Erm... 'cause I wanted to meet people with whom I could perhaps make friends and share ideas. *shrug*
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:51 PM   #2
edible_eye

you're awesome. one of my favorite internet people.

'nuff said.

Old 02-26-2006, 05:29 PM   #3
Jane13

.... you guys literally made me blush ^^ I love you guys.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 02-27-2006, 02:16 PM   #4
Jane13

*HUGGLES*

X is the best big sister ever ^^
-Cinema Strange
Old 02-28-2006, 10:55 PM   #5
WolfMoon

Welcome back, babe!

*HUGZ*

How's your back been? And wtf's a speakeasy?

*gothcard approved*
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:35 PM   #6
Jane13

Hee hee ^^ I got my gothcard! This is better tha a driver's liscence!

My back's been fine. I'm almost back to completely normal, which is funny because I have less pain than I did before the surgery. Basically, I can do everything but moshing, lifting wieghts (which means I have a set of books at home and a set of books in each classroom), and gang-warfare. By this summer I'll be about 110% healed. Thanks for asking

In the 1920's, a speakeasy was a place where people drank alchohal all illegaly and such. They were usually located behind legitimate buisinesses so they could gamble and play loud music and no one would hear. ^^
-Cinema Strange