Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
Alan

Help with DIY percussions

The marches in Mexico aren't going anywhere and I thought of something that isn't seen that much over here but I've seen it happening in several big marches in the states.
I need you guys to help me find information on how to build DIY drums and similar percussion instruments to be carried around. My idea if to make something like a People's Percussion Brigades or something similar. I know there are actually groups like that in the United States and I know there's gotta be information about how to begin one and with what materials and even some rhythms.
In Mexico there's this thing called banda de guerra and it would be very easy to get real drums for it, but I know there have been a lot of awesome sounds achieved with street made drums that don't compare with just regular drums.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:19 AM   #2
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Did you try instructables.com? Delkaetre introduced me to it, and it has a lot of great stuff including DIY drums.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
Elystan

The politicians would definitely listen then.
Elystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
Alan

It's not about the politicians, dipshit. You don't even know what's going on in Mexico and you pretend you can be all superior with a nirvana fallacy complex because it must be 'kinda like 'murica no?'

When was the last time you said something smart?
real classy
Old 07-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
Angelic Dissonance2

There's the obvious, bean-shakers. And of course, there's the coffee-can drum. But if you want REAL sound, get an empty oil drum and put it on a wagon or something. You can leave it intact, or cut it in half, but you hit it with something beefy and it KICKS.

You can also use a bucket. But the thing to consider when doing so is acoustics--you want the sound to carry. Metal slaps are pretty loud...
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #6
Elystan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
It's not about the politicians, dipshit. You don't even know what's going on in Mexico and you pretend you can be all superior with a nirvana fallacy complex because it must be 'kinda like 'murica no?'

When was the last time you said something smart?
About half an hour ago
Elystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #7
Alan

Show, don't tell.
real classy