Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:56 PM   #26
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
Rachel's Challenge pisses me off.
They martyr her, while at the same time demonizing the shooters. Instead of making the ENTIRE message of the program about peace and love, they like to emphasize how the shooters ruined it all. For someone who supposedly was friends with everyone who needed it, I find it strange that Rachel never reached out to Harris and Klebold (who were apparently really messed up and teased constantly)

Rachel Scott SUPPOSEDLY said yes she believed in God, but there are no witnesses to that. I still think it was made up to further martyr her.

I do agree with the fact they martyr her, but I'm a firm believer in the the message of the whole challenge. People need to be nicer to one another. And no one knows if she did or didn't try to talk to the boys--if you're as unsound as they were, I'd doubt you'd care whether or not she had tried to reach out or not. But that's just my opinion--some people are just very hard-headed, to the point they won't let anyone in. For all we know she could've tried talking to them, and they could've kept blowing her off. But we'll never know, I suppose.

I personally didn't join the challenge for the sake of Rachel, I joined it because I believe in it. If it's offensive, don't view it as Rachel's Challenge so to speak--view it as something you should be doing, for the sake of the people who may be driven to the edge like those two boys were. You might prevent something bad from happening--you'll never know unless you try it.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:06 PM   #27
Kanedawg

Nice reply, highness. :^)
Kanedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:57 PM   #28
gothicusmaximus

Rachel's Challenge came to my high school and I flipped a shit. The thing was ridiculous, and although we, as a public high school, were treated to a watered-down, somewhat secularized version of what's essentially a Christian presentation, her pastor father couldn't quite manage to remove mention of bizarre evangelical mysticism from the production. It begins innocently enough, asserting that we should all follow the basic ethical principles delineated by Rachel Scott in some essay which she probably bullshitted in 15 minutes, but proceeds from there to interpret vague doodles she made in her journal as premonitions of the Columbine Attacks (e.g: An eye crying thirteen tears... THIRTEEN PEOPLE DIED!) and relay the account of a strange man who called the Scott house alledging that he'd seen Rachel in his dreams. The whole thing degenerated into total bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinna555
Instead of making the ENTIRE message of the program about peace and love, they like to emphasize how the shooters ruined it all. For someone who supposedly was friends with everyone who needed it, I find it strange that Rachel never reached out to Harris and Klebold (who were apparently really messed up and teased constantly)
I don't remember Rachel's Challenge excessively vilifying the shooters or even really mentioning them at all, but Columbine really was their fault, not anyone else's. People who persistently bully others are assholes, but that doesn't justify the victims of their mockery becoming homicidal, not at all.

If I recall, the 'Girl Who Said Yes' was never purported to be Rachel, but some girl named 'Cassie Bernall' or something, although the story is totally unsubstantiated.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:22 PM   #29
Kanedawg

Sounds weird. I don't pretend to know that much about it. If they're using what on the surface appears to be a legitimate response to a tragedy as a trojan horse for promoting scripture that's pretty low, and would be the kind of thing that does not do any favors for Christianity.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #30
insertwittyname

Wow. With those comments you could go to the school and complain that with that assembly they implanted in the students minds that if they make fun of you, you'll kill them. I'd totally make the school board pay for that. Yay SoCal. We don't give a shit about our students reactions to others! I'm in 11th and the only time anyone has ever said play nice with others was in kindergarden. By first grade they don't care what happens to you. I've a good story about relentless physical bullying that I reported and then they asked about it 2 months later and did nothing about it in 8th grade. And in elementary I had everything happen but rocks thrown at me. O.o your school system seems naive yet somehow wanting to help. and failing so miserably.

May assholes be castrated so their stupidness is not passed on through the generations. That is the only comment I can make on asshole students.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:46 PM   #31
AngelikDemonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Sophia
It took me a while though to realize that Hot Topic is over rated. I felt bad shopping there because people were telling me "real goths don't shop at Hot Topic." Also, it is very mainstream, and well, I'm not a mainstream person. So, my mom found this awesome vintage store called Rockin Rose Boutique. Ha... it puts Hot Topic to shame. ^^
I shop wherever the fuck I want. If I'm not "goth" enough for someone because of where I shop, they can go play in traffic for all I care.
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote