Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:04 AM   #1
Wormboy

Cross dressing/Genderfuck

How many of you like the concept of Genderfuck (dressing in a way that does not follow gender conventions)

Personally I love the idea. Many womens fashions I love yet are never in my size and many mens fashions I also love.

So yes, discuss.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:24 AM   #2
drewsilla

I think it's cool, but not for me. However and whatever is comfortable and makes one happy wear it, I say!
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:45 AM   #3
Jaye Jang

Is there any other way to dress except in a way that makes you comfortable?
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:55 AM   #4
electrosexual

This is where I excell. I constantly genderfuck. but TBH I'm more of a transvestite. Most people I meet for the first time are unsure of my sex.

Becha can't tell my gender lolz ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang
Is there any other way to dress except in a way that makes you comfortable?
Yes. The way society expects you to.
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:11 AM   #5
sintakz

I feel the same way, seems like being a girl is the only way to get the best "goth" clothes. Actually, the best clothes period, guy clothing seems to be generic. I just can't muster up the courage to wear a tattered skirt or something else that girls are blessed with besides shoes haha.

As for electrosexual, I'm gonna have to guess that your a dude.
sintakz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:49 AM   #6
Tea and Cake or Death

I adore, as you call it, Genderfucking. Almost NOTHING gets me hot faster. You should do it! I mean, c'mon. But you should do whatever makes you feel right in your own skin.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:50 AM   #7
Minyaliel

Holy hell, Electro, whatever you are, that's a mightily handsome photo. *drool*

Anyway, genderfuck has become one of my trademarks lately. I'm a girl, but I do love my top hat and victorian gent outfits. I've got rather androgynous facial features (although my body shape is distinctly feminine), so I've been asked a few times whether I'm a girl or a dude. Cracks me up every time. *laughs*
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:59 AM   #8
Solumina

Now that I have short hair I can pull off the androgynous look quite well but as I have only had it short for a few weeks my wardrobe hasn't caught up
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:17 PM   #9
electrosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minyaliel
Holy hell, Electro, whatever you are, that's a mightily handsome photo. *drool*

Anyway, genderfuck has become one of my trademarks lately. I'm a girl, but I do love my top hat and victorian gent outfits. I've got rather androgynous facial features (although my body shape is distinctly feminine), so I've been asked a few times whether I'm a girl or a dude. Cracks me up every time. *laughs*
Thank you! Ayye I'm a guy ^^
Old 04-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #10
Tea and Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrosexual
Thank you! Ayye I'm a guy ^^
Oh really. That is some sexiness there.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:28 PM   #11
korinna5555

Quote:
I don't CARE. I loooove your eyes..
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:52 PM   #12
electrosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
I don't CARE. I loooove your eyes..
Eee thank you! ^___^
Old 04-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #13
emeraldlonewoulf

electosexual - korinna beat me to it. your eyes are amazing! I have green/hazel eyes as well, now I'm going to have to try something like that.

As for the "genderfucking" thing, I love the look, but aren't of a body type to get away with it. I have some more masculine characteristics (broad shoulders, longer arms, some upper body strength) but somehow it doesn't work the way more feminine features work on a guy. I guess the tits and ass get in the way.

I wear guys clothes more often than not, too, but somehow mens clothes look more feminine on me than women's clothes look, primarily due to fit. I get guys jeans, there is room for thicker thighs, plus deeper, actually usable pockets, and you can actually move around in them. I usually get men's t-shirts because the women's ones don't have the room in the arms, or by the time you get a size big enough to where they do, you are wearing a tent. I get guys dress shirts because when i get a size to fit around chest and neck, the waist still comes in a bit, unlike women's button ups, which, by the time you get a 17 inch neck on them and the ability to comfortably and decently cover a 42DD chest, are again shaped like tents, not to mention the sleeves are STILL too short.

It is the same with tank tops. If I get a package of men's A-shirts, they fit, are longer and so come down far enough on my hips/waist for the hemline to be flattering and don't make my shoulders look huge. If i get a women's cut of the same thing, I look like a GD linebacker, short waisted variety.

So, I guess in way you could say I cross dress, but look more feminine than I would in women's clothes because of it. :P

/rant

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:23 PM   #14
Zerachiel

Wow, Electro I'm so jealous. Your skin's almost perfect. o.o As for the "genderfuck" I think it's fine/cool. As long as one can pull it off...And not just doing it for the attention. Again...I would kill to have skin as clear as yours.
Zerachiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:36 PM   #15
Stormtrooper of Death

No way in hell I could pull it off. I don't mind when people do it, but I'd never pull it off.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #16
gothicusmaximus

I've worn dresses, but only during performances. Too ostentatious for everyday life, even by my standard.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:26 PM   #17
KontanKarite

I haven't worn my skirt in quite some time. But I don't really shoot for androgyny so much. Depending on how I wear my hair, I can look very very femme, but I have a body that resembles a slightly muscular male. There's no escaping it for me. So I usually have to shoot for the overly pretty guy. Where "handsome" isn't applicable.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:04 PM   #18
Johnny Gnar Gnar

I was a big fan of skirts quite awhile ago. I used to have a dark purple and black one that I wore when I was at home, all the time. I never had the intestinal fortitude to wear it out anywhere. So I go with kilts now. When I let my hair down (I measured it today at 10 1/2 inches) I guess I could look a little more androgenous. When I used to work retail, and get into showcases, I'd have customers come and ask me, "Ma'am could you help me with so and so?" Then I would turn around, and they would realize their mistake. I guess long hair somehow equates being female. Hehehe. I could never pull it off, and I really don't think I'd want to. It just isn't for me.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:15 PM   #19
Jaye Jang

I usually wear black leather dusters, Buffalo Bill jackets, etc., so finding these in the girl's section is unheard of. Messed up my feet in the Army so heels are out. Have to wear pointed-toed 'roach killers' (we call them 'sh** kickers' here). Podiatrist's orders. Doesn't break my heart any. Only girl stuff I can find is the occasional black hoodie or cargo pants. Only wear skirts occasionally because I'm usually 'flying low.' (Lots of bills. Two jobs. Eat while running. Wash 'n wear hairstyle. Yada yada). As per dressing for 'society', hey, they don't pay my rent.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:19 PM   #20
KontanKarite

Jaye Jang, I like you. You sound familiar.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #21
Wormboy

Haha I got the term genderfuck off wiki. Basically Genderfuck is messing with gender and not accepting what society says "mens" and womans", versus transvestite being someone dressing as the opposite gender. But yeah, I love genderfucking ^_^

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:57 PM   #22
TopHaggardDoll

I love cross dressing, it's boob binding good fun!

Sometimes I go totally androgynous, with like a pirate shirt with a corset with some tights jeans and belts and the hair and shoes have to be huge, I should take a picture sometime.

My "boy"friend is transgender aswell, so it must be abit strange for other people when they see us out together. Unless of course we're in a goth/gay/fetish club because they see that kind of thing all the time.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:22 AM   #23
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Holy. SHIT.

You are one GORGEOUS dude. Your skin's so luminous and perfect... damn you! I want skin like that. And your eyes. Let's trade?

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #24
AngelikDemonik

Quote:
This is where I excell. I constantly genderfuck. but TBH I'm more of a transvestite. Most people I meet for the first time are unsure of my sex.

Becha can't tell my gender lolz ;D

Yes. The way society expects you to.
You have an absolutely beautiful complextion.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #25
ApothoKeri

I think some people pull it off well while others really just look quite horrid. I can appreciate it when it is well done but it's not for me. I love my femininity and am very, very girly. Heck I don't even own pants. Got to work on the pants thing though before we go to Alaska in May, my husband keeps bitching at me about it.
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote