Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:16 AM   #1
garion

How do you call this fashion style?

Hi,
I'm still a bit new in the scene and still trying to find my way... including my own personal fashion style.
I'm in my thirties and yes, that means things don't get easier. I'm not into Cybergoth and lean more towards Victorian. Well, I would be if it wasn't too sombre for my taste. Anyway, as I said: still finding my way.
Luckily there's internet
I stumbled upon a picture of a guy with an interesting mix of clothes... As it happens to be I have the exact same skirt. Wearing a corset (being a male) seems daring but I'm tempted to give it a try.
(I'm not sure but he is wearing a corset, right?)

Overall I like his style...
Can you name this style? It looks like a mix of several styles to me but perhaps I'm wrong... It would be nice if someone could name it, would make googling a lot easier

-G.
garion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
harley

It reminds me of steampunk a little, but I think it's a bit more industrial goth? I'm not really sure but googling 'industrial goth' garners some similar results to the photo you've posted here.
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Men wearing corsets is nothing new, it is quite useful for men who want to appear slimmer.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
Angelic Dissonance2

OH NIGGAH!!! THAT BLACK BAR IS DOPE!!!!

Where you get that thang??? I'd be all walkin' around, wearing a CENSORED over mah eyes... That'd be the shit, son.

Yo', you know that outfit's from Kingdom Hearts, right...? That style's called 'Cosplay'.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
Haejin

Haejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:51 AM   #6
garion

Thanks for replying

It has got some cosplay elements and indeed, industrial elements as well... But the bondage skirt makes it hard to determine.
Oh well, I don't have to know what it's called, the important thing is I like it
BTW, I purchased a corset and really love it! I never would have guessed but I seem to feel comfortabel in clothing with some feminine elements. I guess I will be further exploring that formerly unknown aspect of my personality
garion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
Angelic Dissonance2

Dawg.

There is no Unisex. There is only, "Do I have enough swag to rock this girl jacket?"

Man, I look great in girl jackets. And not really even feminine, either--I think it contrasts well with my masculinity. If it works, it works, you know what I'm sayin'?
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
Class-Punk

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haejin View Post
Mr. Jigglesworth does not approve.
Class-Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:04 AM   #9
Jackson Cutler

Maybe you should buy a unicycle. I heard those are totally in this season.
Jackson Cutler is offline   Reply With Quote