Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #1
Despanan

...My Dad is Trolling me

So here's the thing: My dad is a Republican.

Like a BIGTIME Republican.

Like not an intelligent Republican who thinks about political philosophy, more of a knee-jerk Republican who just accepts everything at face value and votes conservative out of brand loyalty.

Like, my Dad doesn't have any problem with gays, but will parrot: "Marriage should be between a man and a woman!" because that's what he hears on Foxnews. He also spends a great deal of his time talking to my Uncle and Grandma who are both crazy right-wing, and most of his patients are Kentucky hillbillies and thus right-wing and stupid by default. (Think an entire medical practice treating a couple hundred Deadmanwalking_05s) thus he parrots them and has wound up getting even crazier in his old age.

Anyway, he got on Facebook and friended me last week, and then became offended by this status update:
Quote:
The Nevada Libertarian party just started following me on Twitter. Time to become a communist. #LOLbertarian
Now he's posting anti-communist stuff on my wall, and calling me up @ 7am to tell me it's "Dangerous to say good things about communism" and bitching about my hair and beard. He said: "When you say stupid things like that I'm going to say things that will make you look like a fool".

His idea of "Making me look like a fool" is posting things like "Communism is dead and it's never coming back. History has proven it's wrong." Which I can simply delete out of sheer embarrassment for him.

He also seems to think that my status feed is visible to people who visit his page. Like i'm writing on his wall or something.

This whole thing is making me Facepalm so hard It's almost pressing through my skull. It's idiotic that I may be forced to flame my own father who's currently acting like an idiot newbie.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #2
PortraitOfSanity

I was lucky to have former hippies for parents. My first arrest was at a war protest. I was in a paddy wagon with my uncle, my aunt and my dad.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
Solumina

I'm also lucky to have had hippy parents (well at least my mother is a flower child, not so much my dad, he was more of a disgruntled idealist) but Jake's dad is like that and it drives me fucking crazy. The really weird thing is that if you talk to him one on one about most issues in a non-politically charged kind of way, he usually agrees with me but as soon as you bring up actual legislature or politicians he becomes a hard-line republican.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
MissCheyenne

Can't say much about my Dad (haven't seen or heard from him in over 20 years) but my Mum always taught me to question everything and never take any political or religious stance at face value. Shit, she got me suspended from school because she said I should question whether Jesus was a space traveller or a seriously mentally ill person in my religous education lessons, which didn't go down well, the teacher was a die hard born again Christian. I was also suspended from school for questioning the blanket authority of the headmaster when I believed him to be wrong. She also encouraged me to stand up and make some noise at anti war protests and the like. Perhaps not on the same scale as your issue Des but I appreciate that my Mum allowed me to think for myself and ask question instead of swallowing everything I was told to by the powers that be.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
Grausamkeit

Tsh, my parents are the same way. It is popular in Texas to blame anything bad on Obama. I'm not on Fb, but I was on myspace and had, unfortunately, friended my parents. I dealt with similar stuff with them until I started telling them to do some research. My mother is more intelligent than my step-father, but doesn't really get involved in politics.

If it comes down to a vote, I vote NO on cutting the hair/beard.
Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
Catch

I don't see any problem with your Dad's comment. That is totally logical.

Out of the weird things, pretending to be Jillian is just.... Do you like yourselves? You know you and DK.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #7
Grausamkeit

I thought they were Jillian's new disciples?
Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #8
Despanan

Understand you do not! Know of this nothing! Your hypoccracy I will prove!

AnarchistCommieMarxistINdivismCollectivismSyndicis mAlanism!
Quote:
Old 05-28-2011, 02:27 AM   #9
JCC

My family doesn't agree with anything I think. Simple solution, don't talk to them.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #10
Despanan

JCC, are you Trolling my Dad?

Because that's hilarious. I kinda wish I didn't keep deleting his Posts.

Anyway, my Dad and I talked for an hour this morning and actually worked all this stuff out. Guy told me I should run for office when we were done.

So umm, yay I guess.

That whole "apply the principals inherent in the US constitution/governmental structure to the free market" argument is fucking political NAPALM when you use it on an American.
Quote:
Old 05-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #11
JCC

Hahaha yeah I wanted to troll him a little harder but I was scared to cause a domestic in case he was fully McCarthyite.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #12
Despanan

Yeah, my Dad's not McCarthy, he just tends to repeat what he hears.

I think he'll always be conservative to a certain degree (my grandpa was a democrat and a son of a bitch, so I think my Dad somewhat became a Republican as a result).

Man I will tell you, that was a shitty 24 hours when we were completely at odds. It felt like I was eighteen or something, with my dad suddenly disapproving of my opinions, tattoos and haircut.

When we first talked about it, I was like: "You're ten years too late with this shit!"
Quote: