Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #1351
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Hopefully this summer there will be another power meeting.
It's looking like the earliest I can do is going to be the first week of July. I just got a heinous new job.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:59 PM   #1352
Underwater Ophelia

That's pretty nuts.
What's the job?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #1353
gothicusmaximus

I work at CNN.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:37 PM   #1354
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Will it interfere with the production of the gothicusmaximus pin up poster book?
Old 06-12-2009, 11:39 PM   #1355
Godslayer Jillian

I love organizing stuff. Can't understand why more people aren't anarchist.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:18 AM   #1356
Sir Canvas Corpsey

They aren't well informed about anarchy?
Old 06-13-2009, 12:02 PM   #1357
honeythorn

I've just happened across a picture of Von on heartland that has caused me near fatal collapse.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #1358
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
I love organizing stuff. Can't understand why more people aren't anarchist.
What are you talking about? There are plenty of anarchist. Ya know, all you have to do is go to your nearest mall and buy something with a jagged red circle A on it and there ya go.

By the way, I saw something once that you'd get a kick out of. There's actually a brand of sunglasses called Anarchy. On the glass case it said "ANARCHY $45.00"

I lold.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:34 PM   #1359
Xombie

Geekingthefuckout.

http://www.hellfest.fr/web08/images/...istes-2009.pdf

Save for a few really shitty bands, this is one of the best line-ups I've seen in a long, long time.
Somebody ought to be kind enough to send me to France next weekend with $200 Euros, eh?
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #1360
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyklonb View Post
i like that song though =[ and oooh. My friend's band is playing with lcb and vice squad on the 11th.
fuck vice squad rule.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:48 PM   #1361
ZyklonB

Wow, I forgot to say July 11th. Anyyywayysss, hm. Might go to PRIDE tomorrow. But I have people coming over to finally finish up my last project of High School. Fucking shit. Last 5 days of school And they are still giving a shit-ton of work.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #1362
Sir Canvas Corpsey

They'll do that ! =DDD
Old 06-13-2009, 09:12 PM   #1363
SiouxsiePernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
I've just happened across a picture of Von on heartland that has caused me near fatal collapse.
Was it a picture of him as a blonde?

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:27 AM   #1364
honeythorn

Some of the Physalis seeds I planted have sprouted! I have 8 so far which is actually slightly worrying as they grow into a smallish tree about 4 foot high and 3 4 foot across. I'll have to foist them upon friends and relatives if they all grow well O.O

Still, lots of fruit for me in a couple of years They're bloody expensive in the shops, over a quid for a little punnet!

Siouxsie - No it was a different one from way earlier than that, from pretty much the beginning ( longish hair ..DROOOOOOLL) . I'd show you but photobucket is being a bastard.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:29 AM   #1365
honeythorn

Fuck me, we've bcome an aiviary! My brother was getting some stuff out of the attic for mother, and we suddenly heard this really loud CHEEPCHEEP! . Now, we've had birds nest in the loftspace in past years but we got the hole blocked up so we were a bit puzzled as to where it was coming from, but then we heard the CHEEPCHEEP again really loudly and realised there was a bird in mother's bedroom !

She's got the bloody windows wide open. My mother likes birds but she's terribly arfraid of their wings flapping, so she had a complete shitfit and barricaded herself into the spare room.

Turns out it was a fledgling female blackbird that's been hanging round our garden. reckon she'd got onto the shed roof and then fluttered through the window. She was on top of the wardrobe and went ballistic when she saw me, ended up flapping behind father's nightlamp . I nabbed her and chucked her in a corner under a bush up the garden, and got shouted at and generally abused by the male blackbird for manhandling his errant chick!
Old 06-14-2009, 09:30 AM   #1366
Seth Whisper

Quote:
Fuck me, we've bcome an aiviary! My brother was getting some stuff out of the attic for mother, and we suddenly heard this really loud CHEEPCHEEP! . Now, we've had birds nest in the loftspace in past years but we got the hole blocked up so we were a bit puzzled as to where it was coming from, but then we heard the CHEEPCHEEP again really loudly and realised there was a bird in mother's bedroom !

She's got the bloody windows wide open. My mother likes birds but she's terribly arfraid of their wings flapping, so she had a complete shitfit and barricaded herself into the spare room.

Turns out it was a fledgling female blackbird that's been hanging round our garden. reckon she'd got onto the shed roof and then fluttered through the window. She was on top of the wardrobe and went ballistic when she saw me, ended up flapping behind father's nightlamp . I nabbed her and chucked her in a corner under a bush up the garden, and got shouted at and generally abused by the male blackbird for manhandling his errant chick!
Well it doesn't matter...it's a dead bird now.
Seth Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:55 AM   #1367
Xombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Hopefully this summer there will be another power meeting.
I'm invited, yes?
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:56 AM   #1368
honeythorn

Quote:
Well it doesn't matter...it's a dead bird now.
No she's definitely alive. She fluttered over the fence into next door's garden and I can hear her right now cheeping to be fed. We don't have many cats round here and she can get as high as the upstairs windows ( which is how she got in ) so she should be fine.

This is the pair's second clutch of chicks. They had the first clutch in our garden very successfully, I followed their progress from the nest building to fledging. They've moved to the tall bushes of next doors now and seem to have been very successful again.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #1369
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxsiePernova View Post
Was it a picture of him as a blonde?
Got it now. It was this one http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...chPointing.jpg

It has Eldritch and EYES and collarbone and neck and wibblenkshjfiwhflkjfnkjhlhklkjlaprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrr...
Old 06-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #1370
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xombie View Post
I'm invited, yes?
Yeah, def. I'll tell you when it happens.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #1371
Delkaetre

Do forgive me, dear assorted, but I have a live-journal.
On this thing, I usually just post day to day life- theme parks, sexual encounters, bdsm, defrosting the fridge, work issues- but occasionally post things slightly more individual, political or just unrelated to my daily course of events.

Today, in between descriptions of defrosting the fridge, I explained how I use different personalities and characters within my own head as a means of filing and looking through different situations- instead of getting confused with myself, this allows me to sit down and have a mental argument with a different face that's been put on one of my conflicting opinions. And I'm now having to explain the difference between deliberately constructed 'invisible friend' style facets of the mind to use as reflections and secondary opinions of issues, and the 'dumping ground' for emotional issues it's being branded as.

I have created the voices in my head on purpose, they are clearly defined and individual things, far too clearly arranged to be a dumping ground, and held in considerably better control than that term would imply.
They're the mental pretty face on a filing cabinet for thought processes, and not, as one person has suggested, likely to be dangerous.

Unrelated to all that, I went to Thorpe Park at the weekend and did all the rollercoasters, and did some of them twice! The new Saw (movie) themed ride's really good. They could maybe have done more with it, but as a ride it's definitely very well put together. And we got to do Colossus twice, which was the world's first ever ten loop rollercoaster. It is fantastic, I love it, and the horizontal corkscrew at the end for those last four loops is a delicious exercise in weightlessness.
I do love things that go fast and at alarming angles to the ground in a non-fatal manner.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:11 AM   #1372
honeythorn

I now have a new(old) wardrobookcase, as the old lady over the road died some weeks ago and her relatives were clearing out. They said I could just take it, so all I need to do is replace the horrible thin plywood shelves with nice, stained pine ones to match the top shelf ( original ) as closely as possible.

I can't believe they were going to chuck it in a skip!

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...06-09_0918.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...06-09_0919.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...06-09_0920.jpg
Old 06-20-2009, 02:57 AM   #1373
Magpie_Tendencies

My pot plants are dying. I bought them specifically cos they said 'hardy'. Hardy is important to me. I dont have a green thumb. But they're dying anyway.

Sad.

At least my bonsai isn't doing too badly :]
Old 06-20-2009, 07:26 AM   #1374
honeythorn

What plants are they specifically? Is there a label in the pot? You may be watering too much or not enough, or have them in the wrong spot. And instead of buying food pellets or liquid foods ( if you do ) DON'T .

Find someone with either a fishtank or pond, or just find a natural pond ( preferably with fish in it ) take a jugful of the water from the pond, or squeeze out one of the filter sponges from the fishtank filter, and put it into an empty 2 litre lemonade bottle.

Top up with fresh water shake it up to mix and keep it in a cool dark place. Use this to water your plants once a month. The fish waste makes GREAT plant feed. I had an aloe vera in the bathroom that went ballistic on this treatment. I had to give it to my brother in the end as we didn't have room for it on the windowsill any more.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:43 AM   #1375
Beowulf

Smile

Quote:
I now have a new(old) wardrobookcase, as the old lady over the road died some weeks ago and her relatives were clearing out. They said I could just take it, so all I need to do is replace the horrible thin plywood shelves with nice, stained pine ones to match the top shelf ( original ) as closely as possible.

I can't believe they were going to chuck it in a skip!

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...06-09_0918.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...06-09_0919.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...06-09_0920.jpg
That bookcase looks really cool Honeythorn !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote